Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

TVD and Garcia are already elite QBs, I trust anyone with some level of football competence to guide them. This guy will probably get a lot credit for TVD which will help him with recruiting too lol. And for any of you worried about him recruiting… don’t! With the heavy hitters we have on staff and Cristobal principle on recruiting… I have no doubt this guy will be alright.

Advertisement
This is weird. When I searched for it, the ONLY result was this story from canesport, from "22 hours ago." But he just posted the story around 30 minutes ago.

So either he's been sitting on it for a day or he's making something sound official when its just a rumor.
Quote from Gaby 247

“ From what we’ve been gathering since this morning this is very possible but like David said we haven’t gotten clear confirmation that this is a done deal. There is confidence on Miami’s end but it should be noted that App State started spring ball yesterday and we were told that Ponce was in the office at App today.”

Brilliant move by Mario, groom your next OC under a proven former Broyles winner in Gattis when he leaves to take a head coaching job.

In his first season back with App State, quarterback Chase Brice set a single-season program record for passing yards (3,337) and the Mountaineers extended their FBS-leading streak of consecutive years with a 1,000-yard rusher to 10 while averaging 34.5 points per game. The offense helped App State post a 10-win regular season and win the Sun Belt’s East Division title.

Under Ponce’s mentorship at App State once Brice left, QB Taylor Lamb finished his App State career as the school and Sun Belt record holder with 90 touchdown passes.

hey ... that's what App State does to people :nice:

Advertisement
Sometimes its not the eyes that show the man but the skin. The skin is the real "eyes to the soul." I have felt this skin and there is an unbound demon underneath, pulsating, violent urgency, wreckless sugared mist. Ready to release the sweet humidity of a man on to another. Ponce and I have sat in a 137 degree Lakota Sweat Lodge in the Black Hills. The things we explored that afternoon tell a story of the last Great War, I absorbed him, he absorbed me, and the Devil danced outside our tent with his acrid pendulous front-tail lashing the Buffalo skin now dripping with uremic salt-stained juices of the two of us .

Attachments

• Ponce_Frank.jpg
    Ponce_Frank.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Advertisement
imo theirs to many friends of MC, hasn't miami gone thru this with Richt n Diaz keeping family n friends on the team when it's not working out?? Surely MC can replace these if he has to

So you’d rather Coley be the OC in waiting? No thank you if that’s what he wanted. No ******* way.

Gun to my head I without hesitation take Ponce over Coley calling plays and I’d be willing to bet Ponce is a much better play caller than Coley.

I know he’s basically a meme on here, but Ponce is a good QB coach that has worked his way up the ladder and spent time around some quality offensive minds. He works alongside Gattis for a year or two he can only improve. But for right now, great hire for QB coach.

Guys, there is no anything-in-waiting. Stop. I can't believe after the last three months that anyone here thinks that's how Mario works. When its time to replace a coach, Mario will get the best man he can, period. Maybe that's someone on the staff, but nothing is being promised or even pointed to, I assure you.

Advertisement
Despite being a QB coach I’m more intrigued with the intel he can bring for installing some aspects of that outside zone running game. Best rushing attack in college football is the Satterfield system

Mix it with what Gattis is running, our weapons and backs, a Mario/Mirabal offensive line.. should form an elite running game

If he gets a Co-OC title....you gone bro...

Kidding

As a QB coach solely, I like the hire.

Agree that it’s strange that he would give up play calling at App st just to coach QBs though, we must really be opening the check book
Not a bad spot to be in. Gattis tears it up year 1 with TVD and and HC job could be on deck. He'd be a natural fit to OC. Or TVD tears it up and he gets an OC position at a bigger school if he wants it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back