Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
This is a homerun, A+ hire for Qb coach/Co-OC.

He has experience play-calling. I know people like to **** on him, but App State's offensive numbers were pretty **** good this past year. And the QB improved dramatically under his tutelage.

We just took an OC who did a really **** good job developing a QB and made him our QB coach.

I know it's App State, but I'm impressed Mario got a guy to give up playcalling duties and come here to be a QB coach instead.

Last edited:
That is my fear. That’s why I had hoped the QBC spot would go to coley bc no way in **** he’s ever calling plays here. Ponce, otoh, is a Mario guy.
So you’d rather Coley be the OC in waiting? No thank you if that’s what he wanted. No ******* way.

Gun to my head I without hesitation take Ponce over Coley calling plays and I’d be willing to bet Ponce is a much better play caller than Coley.

I know he’s basically a meme on here, but Ponce is a good QB coach that has worked his way up the ladder and spent time around some quality offensive minds. He works alongside Gattis for a year or two he can only improve. But for right now, great hire for QB coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess it can’t be all candy and present under the tree. He is a ….you know what ima be nice and say hopefully he is gonna be good here. Go Canes

Advertisement
Despite being a QB coach I’m more intrigued with the intel he can bring for installing some aspects of that outside zone running game. Best rushing attack in college football is the Satterfield system

Mix it with what Gattis is running, our weapons and backs, a Mario/Mirabal offensive line.. should form an elite running game

Advertisement
This is weird. When I searched for it, the ONLY result was this story from canesport, from "22 hours ago." But he just posted the story around 30 minutes ago.

So either he's been sitting on it for a day or he's making something sound official when its just a rumor.

Despite being a QB coach I’m more intrigued with the intel he can bring for installing some aspects of that outside zone running game. Best rushing attack in college football is the Satterfield system

Mix it with what Gattis is running, our weapons and backs, a Mario/Mirabal offensive line.. should form an elite running game
BMAC was kind of right.

Advertisement
Back