Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

imo theirs to many friends of MC, hasn't miami gone thru this with Richt n Diaz keeping family n friends on the team when it's not working out?? Surely MC can replace these if he has to
Is it friends? Or Associates? I believe EVERY COACH hires people they’ve worked with. EVERY COACH.

Advertisement
Advertisement
imo theirs to many friends of MC, hasn't miami gone thru this with Richt n Diaz keeping family n friends on the team when it's not working out?? Surely MC can replace these if he has to

I would agree with you if his "friends" weren't pretty good coaches too.

Mario doesn't strike me as a Richt type who doesn't have the Cojones to pull the trigger if his friend deserves a bullet

No freaking way. All kidding aside, it would be an absolute home run for Ponce to come in as just QB coach, IMO.
Would be a home run hire to have Ponce come in to coach QBs. Actually it is a home run hire because it is now being widely reported. Another huge hire for Cristobal and what is becoming an elite staff! It's great to be!

Advertisement
Spoke it into existence!! Welcome Ponce!! 😂 Only thing I’m worried about with him is recruiting because he hasn’t signed any big dogs, but with Mario/Gattis backing him I imagine we’re fine.

Attachments

• FD6344AC-C145-4D96-B21D-A7E67E6747E0.jpeg
    FD6344AC-C145-4D96-B21D-A7E67E6747E0.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 147
I would agree with you if his "friends" weren't pretty good coaches too.

Mario doesn't strike me as a Richt type who doesn't have the Cojones to pull the trigger if his friend deserves a bullet
I will say friends n coach associates!! imo

Advertisement
Let me ask you this. Which of his friends do you believe are not really, really good coaches, assuming they are his friends? If he has assembled a group of coaching friends who all live to the same high standard then we not only want Mario, we want his friends. Looks to me like Mario has done an unbelievable job of maintaining relationships within coaching of people he has worked with, and has an eye for which of those people are good enough that he wants them on his staff.
I do not see this is as a Golden-D’nofrio situation because all of the guys Mario has hired at UM have had great success, and most without being on Mario’s staff. From Oregon all we have is the DL coach, OL coach and S&C coach. That’s not a lot.

Advertisement
Spoke it into existence!! Welcome Ponce!! 😂 Only thing I’m worried about with him is recruiting because he hasn’t signed any big dogs, but with Mario/Gattis backing him I imagine we’re fine.
Hard to sign big guys at app state. He has not been at a power program to know if he can land elite guys but I’m pretty sure he is well connected in south Florida.

Advertisement
Back