? For those who say, "coaches can't let X recruit get away"

LOL. If we lost a Dade kid for those reasons would you be making excuses for Golden? No, he's get raked.

Miami, where your fans hate you more than they do the enemy.

There is already excuses for us losing long time canes fan,ticket holder and lock Khari Clark. Some how UF was able to convince him to go to Florida. Yes we were recruiting Khari Clark hard yet somehow UF was able to convince him. UF probably had a better pitch or w/e IDK but I do know he was considered a lock for awhile. How many locks has Saban and Jimbo lost? I know some of the kids Saban, Fisher, Urban recruited wanted to leave their area yet some how those coaches were able to convince them to stay home. Lane, Sony and Cook were other locks. We get kids stolen from us all the time. Name all the kids stolen from Jimbo, Urban, Saban, Les Miles back yards. I am talking about the elite kids the top of the top.

different backyards. Tallahassee ain't Miami Dade in terms of football. Lane and Cook were never locks. Just because some poster claimed that doesn't make it true. Sony...well I got no excuse for that..maybe money. If his brother ends up transferring to FIU instead of UGA and Sony doesn't stick around than yeah..thats a fail. But by all accounts Cook/Lane never had intrest in UM and UM made them at least consider. Tracy Howard grew up a UF fan. Came to UM. Anthony Moten. Gator Lock. Committed to UM. Yearby. Once FSU lock. Committed to UM. JC Jackson. UF COMMIT. About to commit to UM<writings on the wall. Its early but Elite CB Tyrek Cole who grew up a UF fan seems to be leaning toward UM. If you're gonna talk **** about handful of players we lost acknowledge the players we pulled too. Same with all you soft shouldered ******s ripping Golden for our defense while sucking down the offenses ****. WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK HIRED THAT OFFENSIVE STAFF?

Lane was considered a lock. Funny that you ignore the Clark lock part. TH3 was in our backyard. Moten committed to UF and as soon a he committed to them, he was worried about their depth at DT. He decommitted because of their depth. Moten was never considered a lock to UF, if you lock on the crystal ball or on this site most had him going to Miami before he committed to UF. Yearby was a Coley lock not a FSU or Miami lock. Coley could be coaching at Washington State and Yearby would there. JC Jackson was considered a UF lock? news to me. Cole grew up a fan of both IIRC.

Now again list me all the players Jimbo, Urban, Les and Saban have lost in their back yard.

Just 2 deep guys at pretty good schools that have left Tally in recent years, in a much smaller "yard" to boot.

Jawanza Starling 4 star DB-Lincoln-USC
Melvin Ray 4 star WR- North Florida Christian- Auburn after playing baseball. Signed with Alabama out of HS.
James Green 4 star WR-Leon-Tennessee
Corey Gaines 4 star DT- Godby-Ole Miss
Ryan White 3 star DB-Lincoln-Auburn
Cody Gibson 3 star OL-Lincoln-South Carolina

Buck Allen 4 star RB-Lincoln-USC

Travis Blanks 4 star S- North Florida Christian-Clemson
Laith Harlow 3 star TE-Godby-Oklahoma
TJ Davis 3 star S-Godby-Auburn
Raphael Andrades 3 star WR- Lincoln- Florida
Brandon Holifield 3 star TE- Godby-Missouri

James Hearns 4 star LB-Lincoln-Louisville
Reggie Davis 4 star WR-Lincoln-Georgia
Taj Williams 4 star WR-Lincoln- Indiana

This of course doesn't include North of Orlando Florida recruits like Derrick Henry, Eddie Williams, Chris Black, DJ Pettway, Trent Richardson (Alabama), Jordan Leggett, Tony Steward, Tavaris Barnes (Clemson), John Theus, Brent Benedict, Demetre Baker, Derek Owens (Georgia) Lamar Scruggs, Trammell Williams, Ahmad Christian, Kelvin Rainey, Jamari Smith (South Carolina) or anyone Jimbo lost to The Gators from outside of Tally proper.

Point is you can't get them all.

You guys want some grapes? *******.

Advertisement
We have the 3rd ranked class in the nation. Nothing we do from here on out will make this class an "utter failure". GTFO with that garbage.

Dalvin is the best player in Florida but we got 20 other players from here that are nasty as **** too.

How about we start focusing on what we have, not what we don't have.

Exactly. Only the worst fans on earth consider a top 5 recruiting class a "failure".

There is already excuses for us losing long time canes fan,ticket holder and lock Khari Clark. Some how UF was able to convince him to go to Florida. Yes we were recruiting Khari Clark hard yet somehow UF was able to convince him. UF probably had a better pitch or w/e IDK but I do know he was considered a lock for awhile. How many locks has Saban and Jimbo lost? I know some of the kids Saban, Fisher, Urban recruited wanted to leave their area yet some how those coaches were able to convince them to stay home. Lane, Sony and Cook were other locks. We get kids stolen from us all the time. Name all the kids stolen from Jimbo, Urban, Saban, Les Miles back yards. I am talking about the elite kids the top of the top.

different backyards. Tallahassee ain't Miami Dade in terms of football. Lane and Cook were never locks. Just because some poster claimed that doesn't make it true. Sony...well I got no excuse for that..maybe money. If his brother ends up transferring to FIU instead of UGA and Sony doesn't stick around than yeah..thats a fail. But by all accounts Cook/Lane never had intrest in UM and UM made them at least consider. Tracy Howard grew up a UF fan. Came to UM. Anthony Moten. Gator Lock. Committed to UM. Yearby. Once FSU lock. Committed to UM. JC Jackson. UF COMMIT. About to commit to UM<writings on the wall. Its early but Elite CB Tyrek Cole who grew up a UF fan seems to be leaning toward UM. If you're gonna talk **** about handful of players we lost acknowledge the players we pulled too. Same with all you soft shouldered ******s ripping Golden for our defense while sucking down the offenses ****. WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK HIRED THAT OFFENSIVE STAFF?

Lane was considered a lock. Funny that you ignore the Clark lock part. TH3 was in our backyard. Moten committed to UF and as soon a he committed to them, he was worried about their depth at DT. He decommitted because of their depth. Moten was never considered a lock to UF, if you lock on the crystal ball or on this site most had him going to Miami before he committed to UF. Yearby was a Coley lock not a FSU or Miami lock. Coley could be coaching at Washington State and Yearby would there. JC Jackson was considered a UF lock? news to me. Cole grew up a fan of both IIRC.

Now again list me all the players Jimbo, Urban, Les and Saban have lost in their back yard.

Just 2 deep guys at pretty good schools that have left Tally in recent years, in a much smaller "yard" to boot.

Melvin Ray 4 star WR- North Florida Christian- Auburn after playing baseball. Signed with Alabama out of HS.
Ryan White 3 star DB-Lincoln-Auburn
Cody Gibson 3 star OL-Lincoln-South Carolina

Laith Harlow 3 star TE-Godby-Oklahoma
TJ Davis 3 star S-Godby-Auburn
Raphael Andrades 3 star WR- Lincoln- Florida
Brandon Holifield 3 star TE- Godby-Missouri

This of course doesn't include North of Orlando Florida recruits like Derrick Henry, Eddie Williams, Chris Black, DJ Pettway, Trent Richardson (Alabama), Jordan Leggett, Tony Steward, Tavaris Barnes (Clemson), John Theus, Brent Benedict, Demetre Baker, Derek Owens (Georgia) Lamar Scruggs, Trammell Williams, Ahmad Christian, Kelvin Rainey, Jamari Smith (South Carolina) or anyone Jimbo lost to The Gators from outside of Tally proper.

great post.It was rational.

The staff was nervous about Collins as early as the Summer of 2012 when he stopped returning telephone calls. The staff expended significant resources recruiting him throughout the process, and when he re-opened his recruitment, they did everything they could do (short of paying him) to sign him. Interestingly, member of the staff had had prior dealings with Gatewood and knew that recruiting a Gatewood player was exceptionally difficult as they'd had problems with Gatewood in the past. The kid had people close to him who didn't want him to have anything to do with UM. They prevailed.

Yes. Holding Collins against Golden is ridiculous. The kid is a headcase who was steered by his coach. When even his family members, up to the moment of the announcement, were positive that he was going to Miami because he told them as much, there is absolutely no way you can say Golden "failed" in not getting him.

Or else it's a failure by the staff.

Pete just tweeted that it' a Complete failure by the staff if Cook goes elsewhere. Cook himself has said Miami is recruiting him as hard as any other school. If that's true, and he chooses to leave, what else can a staff do?

This isn't really about Cook, I just referenced him for the sake of the ?

What can a staff do if they recruit the **** out of a player, yet he chooses not to sign with said school.

To be a top program you must close on elite talent. What would UM look like with

Teddy Bridgewater
Amari Cooper
Sammy Watkins
Diggs

To go with
Duke
Yearby
Coley

This is why it is a failure because those players if on the same team would dominate collge football

...and we have closed on elite talent. It's a pretty ridiculous standard to list the "who's who" of top talent and then complain we didn't get them all. Notice that of those you mentioned, they are spread among numerous teams. No team gets them all.

Advertisement
The staff was nervous about Collins as early as the Summer of 2012 when he stopped returning telephone calls. The staff expended significant resources recruiting him throughout the process, and when he re-opened his recruitment, they did everything they could do (short of paying him) to sign him. Interestingly, member of the staff had had prior dealings with Gatewood and knew that recruiting a Gatewood player was exceptionally difficult as they'd had problems with Gatewood in the past. The kid had people close to him who didn't want him to have anything to do with UM. They prevailed.

Yes. Holding Collins against Golden is ridiculous. The kid is a headcase who was steered by his coach. When even his family members, up to the moment of the announcement, were positive that he was going to Miami because he told them as much, there is absolutely no way you can say Golden "failed" in not getting him.

he got brainwashed. also there was rumors he didnt want to share duties with duke. not sure how true. ultimately, they will run that poor kid into the ground.

I keep seeing people talk about Golden can't let a kid get away as if recruiting was so simple and black and white. Kids have all kinds of people in their ears and most aren't looking out for the kid. Family, their coaches, handlers, neighborhood peeps....all kinds of people pulling at a kid and often times these kids don't make the decision for themselves.

**** just ain't that simple.

Exactly. All this nonsense about "letting" kids get away. As if the kid was some object you attain and not a person with his own thoughts, ideas, and outside influences such as family, friends, coaches.

he got brainwashed. also there was rumors he didnt want to share duties with duke. not sure how true. ultimately, they will run that poor kid into the ground.

Yet the Golden haters claim it was a recruiting failure. Just amazing. The kid's family and friends were as shocked as everyone else when he announced for Arkansas based on what he had been telling them, and our coaches.

Advertisement
Well speaking in technicalities, you're right. You either get them or you don't, we didn't so it's a failure. But the class is still good without them and i love the job this staff did.
That's been my position throughout the entire thread.

Well if that's the standard, then every single program in the nation fails EVERY YEAR, multiple times.

I keep seeing people talk about Golden can't let a kid get away as if recruiting was so simple and black and white. Kids have all kinds of people in their ears and most aren't looking out for the kid. Family, their coaches, handlers, neighborhood peeps....all kinds of people pulling at a kid and often times these kids don't make the decision for themselves.

**** just ain't that simple.

Exactly. All this nonsense about "letting" kids get away. As if the kid was some object you attain and not a person with his own thoughts, ideas, and outside influences such as family, friends, coaches.

This. It's not like the staff wasn't up early enough and missed a Black Friday sale.

LOL. If we lost a Dade kid for those reasons would you be making excuses for Golden? No, he's get raked.

Miami, where your fans hate you more than they do the enemy.

LOL I said the elite kids not 3 stars and I hope you are using 247 not ****** rivals.

Hearns beat his GF and I think got kicked off the team. UF and FSU stopped recruiting him. Taj Williams had terrible grades and could not get into FSU. Reggie Davis was a lost. Clemson, UGA and Kriffin beat out for Davis, Allen and Blanks. So that is 3 kids in 4 years. Terrible job Jimbo has done. I hope he had a back-up and wasn't left holding **** like Golden was when Matt Thomas picked FSU and Bostwick picked UF.

Well speaking in technicalities, you're right. You either get them or you don't, we didn't so it's a failure. But the class is still good without them and i love the job this staff did.

Well if that's the standard, then every single program in the nation fails EVERY YEAR, multiple times.
Yep, that means one shouldn't get so defensive when it's pointed out. And yea, Saban failed on Winston. He just can't hear the complaints because he's got 4 championship rings stuck in his ear.

Advertisement
what position did you play in college, bomb?

I played cornerback at Hampton Dan.. I started my junior and senior years.. 2002-2003. Where did you play ball at again? Homie.. You talk a lot of ****.. I like you but you are starting to become that **** starter guy.. We already have enough of them on this board.

Yep, that means one shouldn't get so defensive when it's pointed out. And yea, Saban failed on Winston. He just can't hear the complaints because he's got 4 championship rings stuck in his ear.

Is that you Patrick Roy?

what position did you play in college, bomb?

I played cornerback at Hampton Dan.. I started my junior and senior years.. 2002-2003. Where did you play ball at again? Homie.. You talk a lot of ****.. I like you but you are starting to become that **** starter guy.. We already have enough of them on this board.
Sorry, me not playing ball has nothing to do with this. I'm just tired of accepting the excuses we've been given.

Advertisement

Yep, that means one shouldn't get so defensive when it's pointed out. And yea, Saban failed on Winston. He just can't hear the complaints because he's got championship rings stuck in his ear.

I'd just like to know WTF your point is in this thread?

Fact #1- We have an outstanding class this year (Top 5 consensus).

Fact #2- Staff is still busting balls recruiting said players.

Fact #3- Every coach in America misses on key recruits EVERY year.

What is your point?

Yep, that means one shouldn't get so defensive when it's pointed out. And yea, Saban failed on Winston. He just can't hear the complaints because he's got championship rings stuck in his ear.

What is your point?
That when you whiff on a target, I don't give a **** how hard you tried. You're supposed to try hard, it's in the job description for a head coach at a program that's supposed to be nationally relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8

LOL I said the elite kids not 3 stars and I hope you are using 247 not ****ty rivals.

Hearns beat his GF and I think got kicked off the team. UF and FSU stopped recruiting him. Taj Williams had terrible grades and could not get into FSU. Reggie Davis was a lost. Clemson, UGA and Kriffin beat out for Davis, Allen and Blanks. So that is 3 kids in 4 years. Terrible job Jimbo has done. I hope he had a back-up and wasn't left holding **** like Golden was when Matt Thomas picked FSU and Bostwick picked UF.

Again, different sized yard. How many players per capita in Tally? Continue to ignore all the other N Florida/Panhandle kids that signed elsewhere. That is FSU's backyard. Ignore South Georgia too. Taj Williams had no grades, that's excused on Jimbo's part. But when Dade kids go to Auburn, WV, Louisville or LSU due to grades we'll continue to crucify the Miami coaching staff. Solid logic abounds here.

What is your point?
That when you whiff on a target, I don't give a **** how hard you tried. You're supposed to try hard, it's in the job description for a head coach at a program that's supposed to be nationally relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8

Racean Thomas (2014, 5 star RB, #4 RB in nation, #2 recruit in the state of Alabama) Chooses Auburn over Bama. Was predicted to Bama 100% on 4/1/13 and switched to Auburn.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Racean-Thomas-at-Oxford-4595/Predictions

You have no point. Kids choose schools for their own reasons, pretty simple. Let me know when a coach bats 100% then your point will have validity.

Advertisement
Back