Folks talking about Dan Enos as OC now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Enos is going to be Bama's OC not Miami 's . What is so funny is that will be either Martin or Applewhite ( though Martin will be on this staff one way or another IMO ) and all the other names are just silly at this point. But I do think all the offensive staff will be announced at once tomorrow or Monday.

Enos is going to be Bama's OC not Miami 's . What is so funny is that will be either Martin or Applewhite ( though Martin will be on this staff one way or another IMO ) and all the other names are just silly at this point. But I do think all the offensive staff will be announced at once tomorrow or Monday.
Would have to think a likely scenario is Applewhite OC and Martin WR coach or both applewhite and Martin co-OC

Seems every 12hrs a new name surfaces that is the direction Manny is leaning. Either Diaz can’t make up his **** mind or these stories are pure fallacy. One thing I hope is that whoever he finally decides on, they better be someone who can recognize the talent we possess given the year, and tailor an offensive scheme around them; not force the players into his offensive scheme. They also need to be at minimum a good recruiter, great if we can get it. All I know is all this waiting is really starting to drag down the allure of the OC position. We need to finalize a guy and do so like tomorrow so we can move forward with the remainder of recruiting season for 2019, and beyond. That, and get the offense installed so the kids can learn it so we look decent come Spring game time.

Advertisement
I would only Consider Enos if he brings the Bama Bags with him. Fedora seems like the guy Scheming up his next Opportunity and not buying into the South Florida Scheme. Applewhite is my favorite but I hope hes not to big headed and realizes he needs to leave money for a great staff

Seems like Enos is a hot commodity. If he stays with bama he’s the oc, uga is also pursuing him

2D51337E-C7D1-4E51-8866-C06E59F6EC2A.jpeg

his offenses at arkansas per S&P+ (manny did a podcast this summer w/ this stat's creator):

2015: 4
2016: 39
2017: 43

that 2015 offense had NFL talent and really put it to use... brandon allen, alex collins, hunter henry, jeremy sprinkle were all draft picks. allen put up 30 TD to 8 INT and alex collins ran for 1,577 yards and 20 TD at 5.8 yards per carry. also had a monster O line.

i find him intriguing... he produced 1 elite offense and two decent ones while forced to coach under bielema. i would be interested to see what his offense would like if mandated to spread it out. but if bama and/or UGA want him i'm not sure how we'll get him.

Advertisement
One logical perspective is:
Fedora was sorta a B+ hire; wasn't all that interested (looking for HC) so Applewhite was next up. Maybe B+ or A- but was a little too demanding in the contractual negotiations, which were underway as Stefan's sources surely relayed. And that sexual liaison thing tainted that hire a bit.

So expecting one or more candidates to possibly surface from the title game, or even the NFL wildcard weekend, allowed Diaz and team to not give in so easily to Applewhite's demands. And maybe Fedora started to say well, uhh, maybe I Am interested after all.

And all of a sudden a Scott or an Enos (with Hurts in tow) becomes a possibility. So tell Applewhite uhhh nope we don't give in to your demands, as you feel out the new options. And I think one of those new options (or maybe old option Fedora) could very well be the announcement we hear.

I might say Bravo!
If the announcement is Dank **** I will NOT say bravo.

Advertisement
This is out of control, so may fake insiders. Well recruiting is open coach!! Today let’s put all these dumb *** rumors to bed.
#fedroa

Advertisement
Back