Folks talking about Dan Enos as OC now

Advertisement
Sources say Manny has so much swag, he’s just going to Coach with 5 defensive coaches. No OC coaches, sauces say. 😂

Advertisement
I’d take Dan Enos

Tons of P5 experience and head coaching experience

Knows his stuff for sure

If after all of this we get Dan Enos as our OC I'm off the Manny train. I'm sure Enos is a good coach in his own right but he is not who we need at the moment.

Let’s see if Georgia and Alabama are pining for Jon Richt’s services.

Understood, and you know I wasn't comparing the two, just merely stating that current players singing a coach's praises isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. But UGA was also pining for Eddie Gran's services. You think Miami should hire him, too?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just reading the tea leaves but uga and bama boards are extremely high on Dan Enos fwiw

Advertisement
Just reading the tea leaves but uga and bama boards are extremely high on Dan Enos fwiw
This, and I've got a few Bama friends that felt like Enos taking over for Locksley was going to be a very smooth transition - they love the way he works with the QBs. Enos, to me, is the SEC version of what Jedd Fisch was for us. Decent system, okay playcaller, really good with QBs.

I wouldn't throw a tantrum if it was Enos, but I'd be disappointed that it's not Applewhite - if that makes any sense. I've gotten comfortable with the thought of Applewhite as our OC...hope he's still the guy when all the dust settles. I can't help but think of that offense he was OC for when he was at Houston in 2015 - slot in one of our current QBs or Hurts/Martell for Greg Ward Jr...man that'd be fun to watch.

This, and I've got a few Bama friends that felt like Enos taking over for Locksley was going to be a very smooth transition - they love the way he works with the QBs. Enos, to me, is the SEC version of what Jedd Fisch was for us. Decent system, okay playcaller, really good with QBs.

I wouldn't throw a tantrum if it was Enos, but I'd be disappointed that it's not Applewhite - if that makes any sense. I've gotten comfortable with the thought of Applewhite as our OC...hope he's still the guy when all the dust settles. I can't help but think of that offense he was OC for when he was at Houston in 2015 - slot in one of our current QBs or Hurts/Martell for Greg Ward Jr...man that'd be fun to watch.

Applewhite has wasted talent everywhere he's been and he's not a great recruiter. You're setting yourselves up for failure with this guy. He runs a system we like and Manny wants, and of course he's an upgrade over Richt, but that's about it. He's not a cutting edge OC, he's been consistently mediocre...maybe decent, but not great...and he's not going to win over Miami kids in recruiting. And neither would Enos. The only way you can bring in those guys is if you surround them with ELITE recruiters at the position coach spots.

IMO you want to pick someone that at least does one thing at an otherworldly level. Someone like David Yost, who is a fantastic X's and O's guy and runs the system we want but is not established in recruiting (and would need those types as his position coaches) or the other side of that coin is Tee Martin, who isn't going to win games simply with his scheme, but would blow the doors off of recruiting and Miami would be LOADED with talent on the offensive side of the ball, which would allow us to just overwhelm people with talent.

Applewhite and Enos are in the middle to me. Decent coaches, poor recruiters. If you can't get an A+ guy in both areas (and those guys are VERY rare), let's at least get a A+ guy either schematically or as a recruiter. Enos and Applewhite are not those guys.

Advertisement
Back