Off-Topic Florida now has Michelin Guide

D'accord, I use the word "pricey" when entrees cost $50+. Having said that, this restaurant did have a number of entrees and appetizers under $50, and again they were quite good.
Maybe we need a CIS price scale.
$$$$ - pricey according to Spike
$$$ - Everything else in South Florida
$$ - urban legend, maybe fast food
$ - dumpster diving

Advertisement
Advertisement
Amex recently reserved a night for cardholders at Joe's and Walrus. Since I had never been to the latter, I chose that one.

@SWFLHurricane @TheOriginalCane

Went tonight with my wife and son. Really neat atmosphere; the food and service were very, very good and the menu very very different. Its a tapas type place, so we ordered 9 dishes between the three of us. Our favorites were the Butterbeans, Bone Marrow, and the Rodeo pizza.

Chicago people - went to The Loyalist tonight after Obelix was closed. Fantastic restaurant. Had French onion eclair, an ocean trout with Carolina gold rice pilaf, gooseberries, and endive salad, and a baba au rhum.

Chicago people - went to The Loyalist tonight after Obelix was closed. Fantastic restaurant. Had French onion eclair, an ocean trout with Carolina gold rice pilaf, gooseberries, and endive salad, and a baba au rhum.

How much was it for how many people?

I forgot to add - the Walrus was almost $100 a person, but we did have four drinks.

@SWFLHurricane @TheOriginalCane

Went tonight with my wife and son. Really neat atmosphere; the food and service were very, very good and the menu very very different. Its a tapas type place, so we ordered 9 dishes between the three of us. Our favorites were the Butterbeans, Bone Marrow, and the Rodeo pizza.

I'll bet that @RVACane would enjoy this menu offering:

1684439159125.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eating out ain’t cheap these days. App, entree, dessert, two glasses of wine was about $135 all in for just me. However, their tasting menu spot upstairs is about $300 pp before wine or tax/tip.

Was at Bathazar in NYC recently. Not a cheap restaurant, it never was but its a trendy brasserie, not fine dining.

$750 all-in for four of us. :(

WTF.

Now we ordered well and drank, but STILL! Prices everywhere are through the roof.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back