Florida Game 1 5:30 SEC Network/SEC Network+

Teams win in Omaha with pitching and being able to manufacture runs in that ballpark. Generally, experienced teams who are gritty and can control the strike zone win in Omaha.

No doubt Miami shoots themselves in the foot. No doubt about it. My biggest complaint with Miami is continually a lack of mental toughness.

But they practice fundamentals. They work on situational baseball.

They just aren't as good as Florida and haven't been in years and probably won't be any time soon. Certainly not in any sustainable
Florida is better than Miami. That's not really a debate.

How we got here is certainly up for debate. The above is not.
Fact, and while DiMare has improved on what became a lackadaisical ex-great UM skipper, O’Sullivan is in a different class. Trade skippers between UF and UM, with both teams having the same exact talent, I assure you we do not see this product on the field every year against UF.

Advertisement
Del Castillo is a major league catcher.
Don't know about his pitch calling but the way he frames and moves behind the plate is pretty good.
His hitting is already major league level.

I just work here, so it's whatever you guys want to see, but if I give my thoughts on this it'll be quite unpopular.

College baseball has changed. It's going to get far more competitive in the near future, not less so.

Maybe just admit it was a poor line that is used way too much on message boards.

Advertisement
No, I asked what is holding us back from reaching that level. You're saying that we're never going to have experience?

And why, exactly, don't we have experience? Gino has managed the recruiting for many years now.
Was answering your post about us having the #1 recruiting class. But as a program is just like football, lately florida been better but their resume can touch ours as a whole.

Fact, and while DiMare has improved on what became a lackadaisical ex-great UM skipper, O’Sullivan is in a different class. Trade skippers between UF and UM, with both teams having the same exact talent, I assure you we do not see this product on the field every year against UF.

Exactly. Saying that we practice fundamentals and baserunning proves nothing. Mark D'Onofrio ran defensive practices every day. And we stunk on defense. You can teach basreunning while not being very good at teaching baserunning.

Was answering your post about us having the #1 recruiting class. But as a program is just like football, lately florida been better but their resume can touch ours as a whole.

Yeah, we're past the point of "well we have four titles". We're 20 years away from the last one. Florida is better now because Sully is far better than what we have.

Advertisement
My friend, it appears you don't know what the line means, and that's ok.

Hope you are well.

Standard response. The line is used when people try to point out that we can't win every game. It's a tired, excuse-filled line to silence the naysayers.

Don't forget, you're the guy who claimed we should have taken more pitches against UF's first round draft pick two years ago as he mowed us down with no walks. So maybe ease up on the "you don't know" angle.

Standard response. The line is used when people try to point out that we can't win every game. It's a tired, excuse-filled line to silence the naysayers.

Don't forget, you're the guy who claimed we should have taken more pitches against UF's first round draft pick two years ago as he mowed us down with no walks. So maybe ease up on the "you don't know" angle.
This will be my last response on this topic, but the line does not mean what you think it means.

How is there not a better option than Jenkins. The dude provides nothing at the plate most nights...wouldn't mind seeing the youngster Born take his place

Another error. JV high school players all over Florida can make that throw, but......

UF is on scholarship too
We lack experience
Tuition is high

Advertisement
Maybe it’s just the first game, but I’m not seeing the improved defense Gino has been touting.

How is there not a better option than Jenkins. The dude provides nothing at the plate most nights...wouldn't mind seeing the youngster Born take his place
I think you will see Born and others get a chance soon. I was quite surprised when Coach talked about Jenkins as if he was a no-doubt starter.

Advertisement
Maybe it’s just the first game, but I’m not seeing the improved defense Gino has been touting.
Not at all. Certainly look closer to a hosting hopeful than a national seed hopeful at this point.

Will be interesting to see how things look tomorrow.

if I give my thoughts on this it'll be quite unpopular.

I'll give my unpopular thoughts. We rely way too much on the south Florida travel ball heroes. They prepare for showcases, but they aren't very good when it comes to actually playing the game of baseball, especially against upper level competition. Flash > production.

I think you will see Born and others get a chance soon. I was quite surprised when Coach talked about Jenkins as if he was a no-doubt starter.
Do you like Lala as the leadoff hitter. Feels like last year and this year I was constantly frustrated that he couldn't hit more consistently. I know he walks a lot...

Advertisement
Back