Florida Game 1 5:30 SEC Network/SEC Network+

Advertisement
Ballgame. Final score can’t really gloss over how poor that was overall.

Seems like they haven't cleaned up the sloppy defense and some key mistakes killed them tonight. Gna be interesting to see how two true freshmen look on the mound the next two games. Sick of losing to those turds from gville

Advertisement
Maybe it’s just the first game, but I’m not seeing the improved defense Gino has been touting.
Well, if it is actually there...first game jitters against UFs best pitcher is over...let’s see how we finish the 3 game set. Prove it.

Miami had every chance to blow this game open early on, but mental lapses and ill timing did us in. Not sure what Toral was thinking not hustling in for that run when he tagged from 3rd. Then next time up he works a 3-0 count, but ends up striking out with the bases loaded. Can't half *** vs the #1 team in the country and expect to win on the road. Hopefully, we bounce back and take the next 2.

GO CANES!!

Miami had every chance to blow this game open early on, but mental lapses and ill timing did us in. Not sure what Toral was thinking not hustling in for that run when he tagged from 3rd. Then next time up he works a 3-0 count, but ends up striking out with the bases loaded. Can't half *** vs the #1 team in the country and expect to win on the road. Hopefully, we bounce back and take the next 2.

GO CANES!!
Toral should be ashamed of himself for that performance. Unbelievable.

Oooweeee I see a lot of truth being spoken tonight in this thread. This program has lost all expectation of what a good baseball team looks like. Reminds me a lot of football.

all the talent in the world but can’t do the little things right because of **** coaching. As well as a **** administration.

I have somewhat high hopes for this tea
this season... but I hold them back because of what I saw tonight, and everything I’ve seen of Dimare last two years:

Errors, situational hitting, base running

same Story different year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kind of insane stat from tonight:
Players that were on last year’s team: 0 for 17
New players: 6 for 11

Hopefully they weren’t mentally broken by tonight’s game too.

I'll give my unpopular thoughts. We rely way too much on the south Florida travel ball heroes. They prepare for showcases, but they aren't very good when it comes to actually playing the game of baseball, especially against upper level competition. Flash > production.
This is so true. I got family in New York... yes New York. That tell me, yeah you have a bunch of raw potential down here that doesn’t develop until big league ball. If ever.....versus guys that are developed Out of high school In north east.

raymond Gil is the perfect example. The kid Stinks at this level

Kind of insane stat from tonight:
Players that were on last year’s team: 0 for 17
New players: 6 for 11

Hopefully they weren’t mentally broken by game too.
This is where the HC plays a major role in getting their head right. Incredibly crucial in Baseball. Outside of Golf, Baseball is the most mental sport there is. There is a reason why Gators own us, and most of it is between the ears.

Advertisement
Lala, Vilar, Gil, and Jenkins better get it going quick. Pretty clear they are getting the first shot as veterans but there are a bunch of guys behind them who will get their shot soon.

I have to think the leash is pretty short. When is the last time a lead off hitter got pinch hit for in the 9th inning not due to a LH/RH matchup? I’ve not liked the Lala/Vilar combination at the top for a while. Just too many outs to be in tandem at the top.

This isn’t a talent issue. This is a coaching issue. Has been for a long time. We don’t practice the little things, and it shows. Has shown bright for years. Awful awful fundamental baseball on all levels
This is so stupid.

Do you ever say anything that isn't stupid?

Last edited:
If it's NOT a coaching issue, and we have some of the best talent in the country showing up on campus, what IS the issue?

Advertisement
Lala, Vilar, Gil, and Jenkins better get it going quick. Pretty clear they are getting the first shot as veterans but there are a bunch of guys behind them who will get their shot soon.

I have to think the leash is pretty short. When is the last time a lead off hitter got pinch hit for in the 9th inning not due to a LH/RH matchup? I’ve not liked the Lala/Vilar combination at the top for a while. Just too many outs to be in tandem at the top.
Lala and Vilar have been good basically from the jump.

Gil and Jenkins, however, will have short leashes. There are 3-4 guys on the bench who could start over them.

Now it's just a seven game sample size in which we are 1-6?
And none of them were impossible. In fact at least 3 of the losses were extra innings or a game where we led almost the entire game and lost it late.

Nothing impossible about it.

We have a really good team so I know that you're angry.

Advertisement
Back