Florida Game 1 5:30 SEC Network/SEC Network+

I apologize for being a normal person and assuming that what you posted was directed at the person you were interacting with.

Apology accepted.

Holy crap you two nitwits better button it up quick, or all the time you’ve spent disguising yourselves and waiting til the 340-odd days until season started is going to be wasted.

I’m still in bed and I knew who both of your were within 3 posts. I know, I’m slipping.

Find a way to discuss the game/team without using it to litigate your personal squabbles and existential beliefs about the program’s history. I *love* your collective and individual passion, but you’re ruining the first game thread of the season with the same “debate” as last year.

And the year before that.

And the year before that.

And the the year before...
77B38BB7-D50A-47F7-9EE4-1C9E7A35221A.gif

Advertisement
What’s with the Gil hate? You guys realize the kid had a broken leg this Fall??!!

What’s with the Gil hate? You guys realize the kid had a broken leg this Fall??!!
Yeah but he's always looked like that. Big power but not great plate discipline.

This team is loaded. There are 3-4 guys who he's keeping out of the lineup.

I don’t think anybody hates Gil. He has his strengths. However, this is the most depth we’ve had in a long time. He’s getting his shot here but if he’s striking out twice a game, they are going to have to give guys like Thomas and Born a shot to get 4 AB’s a game and see what they can do.

Our returning hitters were 0-17 last night. And most of them weren’t hitting last year either, albeit only 16 games in. Much more of that and some really talented newcomers will get a shot. Gino pinch hit for Lala in the 9th last night...,

Advertisement
I don’t think anybody hates Gil. He has his strengths. However, this is the most depth we’ve had in a long time. He’s getting his shot here but if he’s striking out twice a game, they are going to have to give guys like Thomas and Born a shot to get 4 AB’s a game and see what they can do.

Our returning hitters were 0-17 last night. And most of them weren’t hitting last year either, albeit only 16 games in. Much more of that and some really talented newcomers will get a shot. Gino pinch hit for Lala in the 9th last night...,
Wow - that's terrible. We need the veterans to provide some leadership, as the freshmen are going to be inconsistent. Today's game is huge for their confidence.

Advertisement
Would’ve liked to see Born take over in CF today.
Really don’t get not playing him after hyping him up all preseason, especially with the way Lala and Jenkins looked at the plate last night (or in Lala’s case most of last spring).

Really don’t get not playing him after hyping him up all preseason, especially with the way Lala and Jenkins looked at the plate last night (or in Lala’s case most of last spring).
I’m guessing tomorrow is his day if we don’t get production from LF/CF today.

Lala just hasn’t hit much since the first half of the 19 season.

True that Lala isn't a masher, but the aim of hitting is to not make outs. Lala is really good at not making outs. Jenkins makes lots of outs and isn't a good basestealer.

Toral has to just relax out there. Mind going a million miles an hour against Florida every year.

Advertisement
Who is the hitting coach? Nobody listed in the staff section of the roster. In the past, diMare was listed as being in charge of hitting as one of his duties.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back