Flagg is not hurt

Advertisement
Do those of you who don’t want Flagg to play sincerely believe that you know more about who should be playing LB for Miami than Charlie Strong, Kevin Steele and Mario Cristobal? Because you would have to know more than them for your opinion to be correct. Think about that.

I didn’t care for Flagg last year but I am not so stupid as to think that these coaches aren’t putting who they believe are the best players on the field. And as I said last year, don’t be mad at Corey Flagg for taking a scholarship to UM and making something of his life. If you are to be mad, be mad at the coaches who did not recruit a better player.
If Flagg is playing it is because some of the best minds in college football believe he should be playing. And those “best minds” don’t include people on a message board who aren’t coaching.

Do those of you who don’t want Flagg to play sincerely believe that you know more about who should be playing LB for Miami than Charlie Strong, Kevin Steele and Mario Cristobal? Because you would have to know more than them for your opinion to be correct. Think about that.

I didn’t care for Flagg last year but I am not so stupid as to think that these coaches aren’t putting who they believe are the best players on the field. And as I said last year, don’t be mad at Corey Flagg for taking a scholarship to UM and making something of his life. If you are to be mad, be mad at the coaches who did not recruit a better player.
If Flagg is playing it is because some of the best minds in college football believe he should be playing. And those “best minds” don’t include people on a message board who aren’t coaching.
Thank you.

Not a fan of putting coaches on a pedestal. The higher the bar gets set the faster the banners will be flying. Not using this instance but coaches get it wrong sometimes.

Advertisement
I won't root against the young man. However, if he's playing significant minutes after Southern Miss I'll be shocked.

I hope you're right. Unfortunately, I believe you'll be proven wrong.

Johnson and Flagg are the only two MLBers on roster. I know Steed can play there if needed. But I hope he stays outside, where I think he plays more loosely. Chase and Wes are better fits at OLB, as well.

Not a fan of putting coaches on a pedestal. The higher the bar gets set the faster the banners will be flying. Not using this instance but coaches get it wrong sometimes.
There is a difference between putting coaches on a pedestal and having some faith / trust in the coaching staff. As a fan, I put my faith in guys who have proved it before like Charlie Strong and Kevin Steele until they prove they shouldn’t be trusted (on game day not in the off-season when I can’t see what’s going on)

Some fans put coaches on a pedestal and others think they know better without having done any of the work or having any of the experience

Let’s give the staff the benefit of the doubt pls 🤦‍♂️

As long as hes not in the game on 3rd down Im fine with Flagg getting some PT to keep our more talented LB's fresh. LOL at him playing on 3rd down when the QB has an option to run. He's a good blitzer, you have to keep him between the guards, not even between the tackles. He's that slow. Blitzing is all hes good at. Average at everything else
This isht brought my man bleak out of hiding!! LOL

Advertisement
I told everybody a while ago mario would love him when everybody said he needed to pack his bags. He did start to pack his bags and guess who told him he’s not leaving
Also tell him this Cane fan is rooting like **** for him to be successful. I'm a fan of kids like Flagg that are good smart kids that help establish the foundation being built.

There is a difference between putting coaches on a pedestal and having some faith / trust in the coaching staff. As a fan, I put my faith in guys who have proved it before like Charlie Strong and Kevin Steele until they prove they shouldn’t be trusted (on game day not in the off-season when I can’t see what’s going on)

Some fans put coaches on a pedestal and others think they know better without having done any of the work or having any of the experience

Let’s give the staff the benefit of the doubt pls 🤦‍♂️
Eh having hope and saying they won't make a mistake are entirely different. If Flagg starts the minute he gets beat around the edge Strong will be fed to the wolves and called incompetent. Just because they've succeeded realize they've also failed. Phrasing it as if they can't be wrong sets a bad precedent. Especially without a revamped roster. It's very possible that all our LBS are just mediocre. I won't blame Strong for Mannys lack of LB recruiting.

The problem is not Flagg. The problem is he is the best we have. I was hoping we would see more Houston kids come over with his help here on Campus. If Flagg plays then he is clearly the best we have. This staff does not owe any players on this team anything or any playing time.

I don't think just the ability of coaches to know if a player can play a certain role or not is putting them on a pedestal. It is a basic function of a modestly competent coaching staff. Believing they can take the team to the playoff or winning a championship could be. After all, we are comparing the opinions of professionals who know players first hand to the opinions of casual fans who have very limited exposure to those players and how far they progressed in the off season.

Advertisement
Eh having hope and saying they won't make a mistake are entirely different. If Flagg starts the minute he gets beat around the edge Strong will be fed to the wolves and called incompetent. Just because they've succeeded realize they've also failed. Phrasing it as if they can't be wrong sets a bad precedent. Especially without a revamped roster. It's very possible that all our LBS are just mediocre. I won't blame Strong for Mannys lack of LB recruiting.
I’m sure he’ll make a mistake as will every player who takes the field next season for more than a few plays.

I’m saying let’s see how the kid performs with a new defensive scheme and coaching. If it looks like there are guys that do better than he’s doing (making more plays or making fewer mistakes) than it’s fair to say at that time they should be taking the starter minutes.

We all know Flagg isn’t as athletic as we’d like for our LB, but I think we’ll see improved play this season with the new coaching staff and like you mentioned it is a limited position group for us

Im good with Flagg on the field in spurts...splitting with Johnson.

Hes a solid rotation backer give or take and thats what you can ask for ..if he starts so be it he has experience ...we may see a jump in a different scheme.

LBs in that scheme had it hard. It was spring to a spot at the snap of the ball...no real direction..and free lineman coming at you. If he can stay covered Flagg can make some plays.

Im also gonna keep it real...Good ole Ragu Ragone didnt look half bad at the end of the year when he was kept free.

Ragone looked like 3x the player Flagg looked.

I hope he turns it around, but idk how some are so optimistic that he will. He's slow..... And small.

Ragone looked like 3x the player Flagg looked.

I hope he turns it around, but idk how some are so optimistic that he will. He's slow..... And small.
Speaking of Ragone, one of his relatives posts on Twitter multiple times a week clips of Ryan from last season making plays and basically says he's the best LB on the team and he needs to play more. Got to the point where I had to mute his *** so it wouldn't show up on my Twitter feed anymore. I don't even follow Ryan and the relative of his so I have no idea why I was seeing these tweets in the first place.

Advertisement
Speaking of Ragone, one of his relatives posts on Twitter multiple times a week clips of Ryan from last season making plays and basically says he's the best LB on the team and he needs to play more. Got to the point where I had to mute his *** so it wouldn't show up on my Twitter feed anymore. I don't even follow Ryan and the relative of his so I have no idea why I was seeing these tweets in the first place.

He certainly didn't look bad, who knows how he'd do with more snaps. I'm not against it.

He certainly didn't look bad, who knows how he'd do with more snaps. I'm not against it.
Yes I agree he didn't look bad and he deserved more snaps last year. But this year? Nah he shouldn't see the field at all unless it's in mop up duty.

Advertisement
Back