Flagg is not hurt

The problem is not Flagg. The problem is he is the best we have. I was hoping we would see more Houston kids come over with his help here on Campus. If Flagg plays then he is clearly the best we have. This staff does not owe any players on this team anything or any playing time.
This is it.

"This guy misses too many plays to be at Miami" shouldn't be confused with "This guy shouldn't start the next game at Miami".

Advertisement
It is the reason we get upset trotting out players that do not appear to be UM caliber. No hate for the kid, just love for our program. Me personally, been going to games since 81. My parents both graduates of UM started going to games 35 years before that. We have put a lifetime of love and support into this program, so when we see things slipping, we speak up. Enough of us had done that over the last 15 years and we are now finally getting what we deserve with this coaching staff, AD, boosters on the same page. I am not sure i have missed watching (or certain games in the 80s- listened to) one canes game in 40 years. Fans are important too.
I mean sure. Fans are very important. Need them behind you to run a successful program. Nothing you said negates how this board treats someone who actually wears the U on his helmet. Idc how long you’ve been going to games he trumps you. He’s part of that brotherhood, everlasting. And he’s a straight A kid who every coach loves. Just food for thought

Last edited:
lol jitts funny but we not gone be laughing if he’s getting exposed again we’re fans of Miami and we’ll be after he’s gone jitt has to show us he’s actually good instead of just a good coach on the field he’s half the reason we lost to most of those ****** teams out there getting washed out of plays and burned by every back we faced **** was embarrassing dawg
Corey Flagg is half the reason the university of Miami lost the games they lost last year? Is that what you’re telling me? I don’t want to misunderstand you

Corey Flagg is half the reason the university of Miami lost the games they lost last year? Is that what you’re telling me? I don’t want to misunderstand you
Yes. Flagg should never have thrown that last minute pick against UNC, or been covering that WR against FSU. Don't get me started about Flagg's field goal try against UVA . . .

Yes. Flagg should never have thrown that last minute pick against UNC, or been covering that WR against FSU. Don't get me started about Flagg's field goal try against UVA . . .
He for **** sure shouldn’t have gave up that 4th down to Florida state. I still get on him to about that.

Advertisement
Man y’all be hating on this guy hard! He not the fastest guy in the world no doubt but he not THAT slow! Plus he has the awareness/instincts to make up for it. We just need him in the box diagnosing plays and stopping the run, simple as that. We don’t need him to run sideline to sideline if we play smart disciplined ball. Plus we got freaks in the secondary to help clean up. I want to see 11 hats getting to the ball and ****** **** up!

Flagg is exactly where he should be. Caleb Johnson will likely end up the starter at MLB even if he doesn’t start week 1. Flagg will play. Coaches love guys like him. He’s smart and works hard. He had every opportunity to hit the transfer portal but stayed here and embraced competition. But none of that can completely cover for his severe lack of athleticism. He’s small and slow and there’s no scheme that’s going to change that. That doesn’t mean he’s worthless. He’ll have a role as the 2nd team MLB. He’s not going to wow a lot of people but the coaches are confident he can sub for a series and not look lost. His athletic ceiling limits how good of a player he can be but he’s exactly what you want in a rotational/reserve linebacker.

@Canezum5 is going to rake your a$$

Dog Pug GIF
@Confidence1000 I ain't sign up for dis.

This place is a mixed bag - all message boards like CIS are. People discussing the play of players and giving their opinions is a big part of it. Unfortunately that comes at the expense of kids who voluntarily chose our team which sucks. And yeah, some of it is unnecessarily unkind. I think most of us don’t try to insult these guys and try to be more clinical and without ultra-harsh words in our assessments.
Saying someone isn't good enough to play is appropriate for a message board. Saying someone shouldn't be here or should leave is where the line should be drawn. Especially when it's coming from people that couldn't even make their high school team.

Advertisement
Fsu definitely was on him and steed and Virginia he was missing plays left and right Alabama and Michigan state what did he do ? North Carolina ? Them bull**** *** tackles man stop it we couldn’t stop a nose bleed.That’s on him squarely as the Mike backer.

He’s supposed to be a leader on the team shoot the leader fr for that side of the ball. So if the defense is ****** it’s on your shoulders. Ive watched him get exposed no matter what your relationship with him I know what I watched bruh he didn’t get it done at all.

Last edited:
I’m confused bruh I’m not saying a lb should get touched all the time by the guards or tackles or centers whoever but what about you defeating your block and finding the ball carrier is that not a skill and a issue that Cory doesn’t do that well.

I would say on tape even in matchups out the backfield he’s getting beat im not sure man how y’all have got this undying loyalty to bad play. But Im not on that **** this isn’t about liking a kid as a person or not. This is bout winning football games and he don’t make the plays to do that bruh maybe he’ll do better but idk bruh that **** ain’t no certainty. I don’t wanna see ****** lb again and sorry if he’s one the ones who’s prone to making me feel like we can’t even spy jordan Travis correctly with this ***** at lb he gone get cooked again.

Fsu definitely was on him and steed and Virginia he was missing plays left and right Alabama and Michigan state what did he do ? North Carolina ? Them bull**** *** tackles man stop it we couldn’t stop a nose bleed and that’s on him squarely as the Mike backer bruh you supposed to be a leader on the team **** the leader fr for that side so if the defense is ****** it’s on your shoulders and I watched him get exposed no matter your relationship with him I know what I watched
lol aye I’m not gone hold you brother this my last time responding to you ever. Go canes!

Advertisement
Speaking of Ragone, one of his relatives posts on Twitter multiple times a week clips of Ryan from last season making plays and basically says he's the best LB on the team and he needs to play more. Got to the point where I had to mute his *** so it wouldn't show up on my Twitter feed anymore. I don't even follow Ryan and the relative of his so I have no idea why I was seeing these tweets in the first place.
He posts here too though it’s been a while. @rags moderate your tweeting. You’re irking em. Lol

Advertisement
I think Flagg looked somewhat promising after his freshman year, for everyone writing him off you have to remember the terrible scheme he played in. Give the kid a chance he’s just now becoming an upper class man and most underclass man LB’s don’t even see the field till there junior year.

I’m willing to concede the entire LB group will be MUCH improved on the field as a result of an exceptional front four. Just like the secondary, they become more vulnerable with each passing second of free time the quarterback gets. Everyone’s going to be more fit and better prepared this season. I’m excited to see his potential realized.
Edit: walked away and I’m back pist off. Jerry Rice didn’t run a 4.4. Tom Brady doesn’t have the athletic ability or arm of Michael Vick. Barry Sanders was a midget. If you’re stupid enough to believe that Flagg can’t perform well here with a better scheme and coaching, you’re an idiot. I’m headed to the gym with my fat old *** now. Most of you are sleeping. I’ll outperform most everyone on this board athletically and that’s a **** miracle. I was given nothing but heart.You don’t have to be given anything to outperform those that have. Allen Hurns remembers Chris Dunkley. **** plenty here hated Hankerson. Just cheer for these kids that are killing themselves for us.

Last edited:
You are what you are that's all I'll say. Don't expect much from him the gifts he has are the gifts he will always have. Can't wait till next cycles linebackers get here. But the roster we have is what we have it's not Mario's fault or the players. Y'all know what I felt about this kid since his HS film no need to repeat it.

Advertisement
Back