Flagg is not hurt

Flagg could be okay if he keeps gap integrity. His biggest liability last year was jumping into the wrong gap. Still I think he gets beat out by better athletes as the season goes on but I'm not shocked the coaches haven't kicked him to the curb. There was a lot of bad defense last season and for whatever reason Flagg takes the brunt of the blame.

Advertisement
Flagg is bat**** smart, he just isn't the athlete needed.

But he is bat**** smart and Charlie loves that to no end.
This is the best D coaching staff we have had here in forever. For that reason, I think Flagg looks the part this year. Smart players being put into position by smart coaches equals trouble for the opposing team. I trust this D staff more than any we've had in a very, very long time.

Not a fan of putting coaches on a pedestal. The higher the bar gets set the faster the banners will be flying. Not using this instance but coaches get it wrong sometimes.
No question but these are 3 really successful coaches who are all seeing the same thing. I was a lot less forgiving towards Manny and his staff considering their lack of success. But these guys are the ****.

No question but these are 3 really successful coaches who are all seeing the same thing. I was a lot less forgiving towards Manny and his staff considering their lack of success. But these guys are the ****.
When Charlie Strong is your LB coach.... Yeah, that's a freaking statement. That man should, at the very least, be coaching LBs in the NFL. His resume is too good to be a college LB coach, but I will take it. And Steele is no LB coaching slouch himself. I trust these two far more than anyone we've had recently. I remember some of those Auburn Ds when Steele was there, and wondered, "Why can't we have good things?"

I know TVD gets all the hype, but I am actually more excited about our D this year than our O. The jump could be eye popping.

Advertisement
I will be overjoyed if he is shutting things down against Texas A&M and I was wrong. He is probably at best the 5th best LB on this team and I think that will be revealed before we hit October. I hope I am wrong.

Shout out Corey Flagg and @SouthParkCane for keeping it real with Corey.

We got people who never been a Hurricane athletically or academically telling Corey he’s not good enough to represent our progrum against the opinions of black belt level football minds.

I hope he succeeds this year and make a impact play we remember.
He loves all of you. This a kid who wasn’t ever supposed to start in HS either. He’s been there

We've been bad for so long that we have prayed for remarkable individual performers to elevate the defense.

I think we're going to see a much improved, more fundamentally sound d that will not require individual greatness to field competent units. A guy like Flagg can be our version of Skalski.

Advertisement
I know @Canezum5 coming for me 1st if Flagg ball out. I'm here for it.

@Canezum5 is going to rake your a$$

Dog Pug GIF
@Canezum5 nice avatar. Which version do you prefer…

Versión 1:

1050125B-4FFF-4AAD-B663-D776F5F2D282.gif

Or version 2…

3F9A823A-BFE4-428E-A703-12C36D381C79.gif

He loves all of you. This a kid who wasn’t ever supposed to start in HS either. He’s been there
This place is a mixed bag - all message boards like CIS are. People discussing the play of players and giving their opinions is a big part of it. Unfortunately that comes at the expense of kids who voluntarily chose our team which sucks. And yeah, some of it is unnecessarily unkind. I think most of us don’t try to insult these guys and try to be more clinical and without ultra-harsh words in our assessments.

Advertisement
This place is a mixed bag - all message boards like CIS are. People discussing the play of players and giving their opinions is a big part of it. Unfortunately that comes at the expense of kids who voluntarily chose our team which sucks. And yeah, some of it is unnecessarily unkind. I think most of us don’t try to insult these guys and try to be more clinical and without ultra-harsh words in our assessments.
I lean into it a lot cause I be bored but it really doesn’t bother me as much as I let on. I really just like pulling the mirror out for some of these fans. How much of a fan can you be?

I lean into it a lot cause I be bored but it really doesn’t bother me as much as I let on. I really just like pulling the mirror out for some of these fans. How much of a fan can you be?
It is the reason we get upset trotting out players that do not appear to be UM caliber. No hate for the kid, just love for our program. Me personally, been going to games since 81. My parents both graduates of UM started going to games 35 years before that. We have put a lifetime of love and support into this program, so when we see things slipping, we speak up. Enough of us had done that over the last 15 years and we are now finally getting what we deserve with this coaching staff, AD, boosters on the same page. I am not sure i have missed watching (or certain games in the 80s- listened to) one canes game in 40 years. Fans are important too.

Advertisement
Will do brother! To be real he don’t care about none of that. His response was “I got the U on my helmet for free, they have to pay to put it on”
lol jitts funny but we not gone be laughing if he’s getting exposed again we’re fans of Miami and we’ll be after he’s gone jitt has to show us he’s actually good instead of just a good coach on the field he’s half the reason we lost to most of those ****** teams out there getting washed out of plays and burned by every back we faced **** was embarrassing dawg

Advertisement
Back