Flagg is not hurt

Corey Flagg is an old skool backer guysm!!!!

Safe to say we still got some ex golden and Diaz slurpers on here who just started watching canes football in 2012

Yeah ok. The way I got trashed on boards for denouncing Golden after the Merryland game you should smack yaself.

Matter fact. Search my name and those coaches. Lmk hoe much slurping I did

Advertisement
Bruh. This is why you don't EVER see me defending him.

I don't defend every player. You gotta show me something.

I'll put my final verdict on players with this staff.
The only one I've given up on was Ivey. I'll gladly take the L if he does well this year but it's year 5 and he hasn't done ****.

Advertisement
I told everybody a while ago mario would love him when everybody said he needed to pack his bags. He did start to pack his bags and guess who told him he’s not leaving
leaving GIF

Advertisement
Im good with Flagg on the field in spurts...splitting with Johnson.

Hes a solid rotation backer give or take and thats what you can ask for ..if he starts so be it he has experience ...we may see a jump in a different scheme.

LBs in that scheme had it hard. It was spring to a spot at the snap of the ball...no real direction..and free lineman coming at you. If he can stay covered Flagg can make some plays.

Im also gonna keep it real...Good ole Ragu Ragone didnt look half bad at the end of the year when he was kept free.

He was a step too slow last year… both physically and mentally. Unfortunately I saw much of the same in spring game from him.

He’s a great young man. Great locker room guy. Hope he continues to develop but based on his tape he Doesn’t belong in the 2 deep at the university of miami. This year is another chance to change that tune though
Agree the slower LBs need to process faster. My bigger issue with Flagg has always been processing speed. Change of system could mitigate some of this but instinctual LBs are always right place at the right time.

Sort of confused as to how Caleb Johnson was being raved about on this board for his decision-making and speed, and yet isn’t pencilled in as the starter yet.

Maybe Flagg did improve tremendously, but we also didn’t hear about that at the same frequency as Caleb was being mentioned. Seems odd but we’ll see it with our own eyes to judge on Saturday and again in more depth against Southern Miss.

Advertisement
I think Flagg will be great this season. Big D Line to let him make plays unlike the Diaz def.
Let's GO!

Maybe not great, but we should start seeing the skill and play recognition he put on his high school tape.

He can diagnose, weave through traffic, and get guys on the ground. He won’t run anybody down, but I expect him to have a solid season shutting down interior runs.

Best case scenario, we would have had better linebackers. He shouldn’t have gotten anything other than garbage minutes until MAYBE this year. We shouldn’t know who he is. Manny’s recruiting put us in worst case scenario which had him starting as a true freshman. This was unfair to him and the team.

I am sticking with my prediction he will be remembered fondly here by the time his career is over.

Advertisement
New staff and scheme that actually know what they are doing.... we should all give the kid the chance to prove otherwise if his own coaches believe in him. I saw a stubby armed, slow white boy LB at Clemson wreck offenses a few years back, certainly Flagg can succeed. If you aren't fully pumped and at least willing to give kids a chance to start out this season, then you're probably a miserable fan anyways.

Sort of confused as to how Caleb Johnson was being raved about on this board for his decision-making and speed, and yet isn’t pencilled in as the starter yet.

Maybe Flagg did improve tremendously, but we also didn’t hear about that at the same frequency as Caleb was being mentioned. Seems odd but we’ll see it with our own eyes to judge on Saturday and again in more depth against Southern Miss.
Why can‘t it be both guys are playing well? CJ will obviously get more snaps but Flagg has made this a battle because he’s played good ball. I doubt we see see Flagg on the field third and fifteen.

Last edited:
Can both be playing well? CJ will obviously get more snaps but Flagg has made this a battle because he’s played good ball. I doubt we see see Flagg on the field third and fifteen.
Which is fine. Different players have different strengths and weaknesses. Good coaches will give each a role that best suits their skills.
Our emotional porsters know better though.

Advertisement
Back