Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
If you where J. Smith, H. Williams, or Innis…would you come to Miami?

This is a 7-6 program.
Wiliams and Innis, I get because they saw Miami's offense under Gattis and I wouldn't want to be a WR in the system. This year was a different story. if you're a Jeremiah Smith, JoJo Trader or Chance Robinson, I'm seeing guys like Xavier Restrepo and Jacolby George put up numbers and I'm licking my chops. If X can set records here, Imagine what someone with NFL measurables might be able to do in this offense.

Wiliams and Innis, I get because they saw Miami's offense under Gattis and I wouldn't want to be a WR in the system. This year was a different story. if you're a Jeremiah Smith, JoJo Trader or Chance Robinson, I'm seeing guys like Xavier Restrepo and Jacolby George put up numbers and I'm licking my chops. If X can set records here, Imagine what someone with NFL measurables might be able to do in this offense.
they see when the last time we sent an NFL wr to the league and the last time OSU sent one? it ends debates. we dont send kids to the pros anymore.

Mario's gotta work 2x as hard and long to wash off the stank of year 1. It cemented many peoples' previous view if him.

they see when the last time we sent an NFL wr to the league and the last time OSU sent one? it ends debates. we dont send kids to the pros anymore.
Our current system has been in place for all of one year so that's not really an option unless you want to sell Tank Dell as a product of this system.

Advertisement
If you were Lightfoot Scott Bain would you come to Miami?

Can’t use the record fam yall keep doing this goofy sh. I can’t even bruh I can’t

@JHallCanes please deal with this I can’t bruh

Why can’t we just say we got beat that they had a better relationship?

Your argument is all over the place.

No, I wouldn’t come to Miami unless they paid me a **** ton of money. What do you think Miami did?

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, answer my question.

Advertisement
Why can’t you use record? The issue I have in these arguments is everyone trying to simplify recruiting. Relationships matter, resource matter and so does record. For instance if Mario doesn’t win next year, I’m not saying he won’t just IF, I guarantee recruiting will get more difficult. Every recruitment has multiple variables at play, and I certainly won’t discount being able to cultivate and maintain relationships, something Mario excels at but it ain’t the only way to skin a cat.
If records matter why no one went to fsu? Dudes had two good seasons and can’t recruit out of HS cause their HC is goofy. He’s unnatural doesn’t have charisma cause the elites go where they feel comfortable and their family is taken care of. Yes multiple variables are at play but we didn’t lose those specific guys you mentioned cause of record. OSU has Hartline and he must be charismatic if he’s beating Mario it’s that simple. Give the man credit

Thank you for the thoughtful response sir.

I agree that the offense was was improved, but the results (7-6) were the same.

Miami went head to head against a top shelf program who was willing to pay $ as well to land Mr. Smith. In that scenario, who would you choose?

By being an extreme sports nerd and dedication. A few years ago I took the time to add all South Florida schools into a 247 search and now I can change the year in the address bar.

By in large it's accurate but every once and a while a top prospect sneaks in from a random school and I have to add them.

Lmao very cool. Didn't know you could filter and save the criteria. Thanks!

Losing on Jeremiah Smith hurts because outside of injury I believe we all know what's about to happen there. But I'm going to be the positive guy and say look at the list again and see what we hit on.

Because if I take you back just a few years it was miss after miss. Let this list be the reminder. I don't even know how this is possible. Haha there was even a legacy in there.

View attachment 280532
Wow! This definitely puts **** in perspective.

Advertisement
If records matter why no one went to fsu? Dudes had two good seasons and can’t recruit out of HS cause their HC is goofy. He’s unnatural doesn’t have charisma cause the elites go where they feel comfortable and their family is taken care of. Yes multiple variables are at play but we didn’t lose those specific guys you mentioned cause of record. OSU has Hartline and he must be charismatic if he’s beating Mario it’s that simple. Give the man credit
Norvell's classes went from 27th to 18th to 16th because they were winning games. If they were still winning 4 or 5 games every year, they'd be down in the 30's or worse. No bad team recruits well consistently.

Facts. X put up 1000 yards in the slot with his QB not knowing which team to throw to half the time.

If I know I have the measurables and CW throwing to me? I’m feeling real good.

Thank you for the thoughtful response sir.

I agree that the offense was was improved, but the results (7-6) were the same.

Miami went head to head against a top shelf program who was willing to pay $ as well to land Mr. Smith. In that scenario, who would you choose?
I don't blame him for going to OSU. I'm just saying Miami isn't the WR purgatory it used to be.

Advertisement
I don't blame him for going to OSU. I'm just saying Miami isn't the WR purgatory it used to be.

100% agree that Miami is no longer WR purgatory.

My argument is that (as someone else said) landing these high level kids is not a one-shot deal. NIL, Opportunity, Development, Relationships, Coaching, Campus, Philosophy, MNC opportunity, etc all count.

Lamenting that Miami missed on J. Smith like Miami didn’t try hard enough is disingenuous. OSU - at the moment - has more to offer Smith than Miami.

1) they have a top 11 class which took a hit when they got orphan Annied out the playoff.

2) it’s a small sample size. Show a coach that has not won for more than 3 years and still had great recruiting. The only one I can think of is Jimbo. Relationships matter, multiple things matter, records matter.

3) you think Bama been a recruiting monster because of Saban’s personality and relationship building? Nah, people knew that where you went to handle that business.

4) I will 100% give Hartline credit and never have said anything different. I responded to your statement that records don’t matter. Hartline connects to the kids but to pretend that Taint’s record at WR or their W-L don’t matter is intellectually dishonest.

1) they have a top 11 class which took a hit when they got orphan Annied out the playoff.

2) it’s a small sample size. Show a coach that has not won for more than 3 years and still had great recruiting. The only one I can think of is Jimbo. Relationships matter, multiple things matter, records matter.

3) you think Bama been a recruiting monster because of Saban’s personality and relationship building? Nah, people knew that where you went to handle that business.

4) I will 100% give Hartline credit and never have said anything different. I responded to your statement that records don’t matter. Hartline connects to the kids but to pretend that Taint’s record at WR or their W-L don’t matter is intellectually dishonest.
Saban was bagging as soon as he got to bama even losing to ULM. He was landing elite classes and when Kirby got to UGA as well you could see the signs they were bagging. Freeze the same at Ole Miss, those types use that personality and being transparent and using bags then. And then they started winning

Advertisement
Back