Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
Reaction Nervous GIF

Advertisement
Went through some game highlights from this season, as he has not posted a full highlight vid for 2023 yet:

- acrobatic pass-catcher with great body control and hands in contested situations
- long strides
- can explode off the line but his acceleration beyond that is a bit meh
- has enormous play strength (also love the fact that he posted a highlight of him pancaking his CB... 20 yards deep into the endzone)
- tremendous awareness of where he is on the field, especially on the sideline
- had a slant patterm vs Dillard, where he turned the DB around vs bump-and-run (poor kid) but there is tape where I dont see enormous quickness

Measureables are completely there to be a great outside WR. He will eat on the perimeter. Technically raw, lack of bend, but he will get there. Major get. Foot speed needs to improve, but Beard will make a diamond out of him.

Went through some game highlights from this season, as he has not posted a full highlight vid for 2023 yet:

- acrobatic pass-catcher with great body control and hands in contested situations
- long strides
- has enormous play strength (also love the fact that he posted a highlight of him pancaking his CB... 20 yards deep into the endzone)
- had a slant patterm vs Dillard, where he turned the DB around vs bump-and-run (poor kid) but there is tape where I dont see enormous quickness

Measureables are completely there to be a great outside WR. He will eat on the perimeter. Technically raw, lack of bend, but he will get there. Major get. Foot speed needs to improve, but Beard will make a diamond out of him.

His understanding of leverage for someone who isn't going to just win physically, is impressive for a HS kid. Which will help him play immediately in college. Truly seems like he loves the work of a WR, with being a better route runner, showing his hands late for a catch, blocking like you mentioned. Based on what NFL teams have looked for recently, he's a first rounder when he leaves here. Very excited to watch him play and his development.

This is who his game reminds me of and who he should continue to model it after.

New England Patriots Nfl GIF by Maryland Terrapins
New England Patriots Nfl GIF by Maryland Terrapins

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

- long strides

I believe he was dealing with a nagging ankle injury this year wasn’t he?? But yeah I agree that some games he wasn’t looking elusive/quick. I remember seeing him limping in a few games this year including playoffs. We’ll see next year

Advertisement
I’m not much for these types of things but I don’t see Stefon Diggs

Robert Woods maybe? Trader looks taller than Woods though. I dunno. A lot of good receivers with that size and speed combo to choose from I think Diggs was more explosive when he was that age
I haven’t been high on trader like others. Carr for me is next level but maybe I’m wrong on this one. Or maybe it was because he played next to JJ, I just don’t like receivers without speed or explosiveness. Like if you don’t have that I don’t f with the prospect. He ain’t no Diggs they wylin with that, woods is a better comparison and I hated woods lol.

Advertisement
Back