Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
I haven’t been high on trader like others. Carr for me is next level but maybe I’m wrong on this one. Or maybe it was because he played next to JJ, I just don’t like receivers without speed or explosiveness. Like if you don’t have that I don’t f with the prospect. He ain’t no Diggs they wylin with that, woods is a better comparison and I hated woods lol.
Yeah Woods was never the fastest or most explosive guy (pause) but he racked up numbers because he was elite at running routes and his hands were A+

I didn’t get to see enough Trader though this year when he got injured

But I think Trader will see the field right away especially since Dawson talks about “trust” all the time. JoJo seems like a top notch kid and work ethic

Advertisement
I haven’t been high on trader like others. Carr for me is next level but maybe I’m wrong on this one. Or maybe it was because he played next to JJ, I just don’t like receivers without speed or explosiveness. Like if you don’t have that I don’t f with the prospect. He ain’t no Diggs they wylin with that, woods is a better comparison and I hated woods lol.
I dont think hes slow, hes just a big wr. Ny Carr with Robbie Washington and Ray Ray is going to be explosive.

Yeah Woods was never the fastest or most explosive guy (pause) but he racked up numbers because he was elite at running routes and his hands were A+

But I think Trader will see the field right away especially since Dawson talks about “trust” all the time. JoJo seems like a top notch kid and work ethic
He looks good so far in this hs practise stuff

Advertisement

I raced Robert Woods my senior year in high school. The guy was fast! He’s 46 400 meter runner and 21flat in the 200. He was California state champ in the 400 and 200. One of the fastest guys in the country coming out of HS. Not sure why people don’t think he’s fast.

I raced Robert Woods my senior year in high school. The guy was fast! He’s 46 400 meter runner and 21flat in the 200. He was California state champ in the 400 and 200.
That’s awesome! Thanks for that. Maybe I’m misremembering him a little bit then I thought he was like a 4.5 guy which is what JoJo is I think

That’s awesome! Thanks for that. Maybe I’m misremembering him a little bit then I thought he was like a 4.5 guy which is what JoJo is I think
Robert definitely has long speed which can be deceiving. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ran 4.5. He’s one of those guys that 40 times don’t tell the whole story. I love the comp to JJ though. If he’s Robert Woods we have an absolute beast coming.

Advertisement
I raced Robert Woods my senior year in high school. The guy was fast! He’s 46 400 meter runner and 21flat in the 200. He was California state champ in the 400 and 200. One of the fastest guys in the country coming out of HS. Not sure why people don’t think he’s fast.
He WAS fast, but then the coRches at USC didn't properly DEVELOP his speed!

Robert definitely has long speed which can be deceiving. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ran 4.5. He’s one of those guys that 40 times don’t tell the whole story. I love the comp to JJ though. If he’s Robert Woods we have an absolute beast coming.
Yeah I feel the same. Woods is still producing in the NFL and had some big years for the Rams. Awesome player for sure

1000039396.gif

Advertisement
Oh for sure

Only reason I brought up the speed was I think Diggs was faster, or seemed faster in his splits to me is all

Certainly not suggesting JoJo isn’t fast enough
Diggs certainly seems more explosive, but maybe not too much faster - but every little bit counts on Sundays. If at some point into Jojo's collegiate career we're still making comparisons to Diggs then **** ******* yeah!

Woods was elite elite elite when he was destroying the Cali HS scene. Dude was a monster who was fast and explosive while being a polished route runner. During that time period 2010/2011 it was him and Sammy Watkins as two national kids whose ability to get in and out of their breaks was next level.

In terms of Trader people are getting lazy with their comparisons. He ain’t Woods, he is nowhere as advanced and he certainly isn’t Diggs either. I see Trader as a cross between a Godwin, not as advanced of a route runner and say Nuk in his ability to make contested catches while only being 6’1.

Trader is still raw and will need to be coached up. His athletic ability is top tier but in a more non traditional way. He isn’t running away from people. He has great hands, body control, ability to track while having above average speed and quickness. LCE said Nabers as a comparison FWIW.

Advertisement
Woods was elite elite elite when he was destroying the Cali HS scene. Dude was a monster who was fast and explosive while being a polished route runner. During that time period 2010/2011 it was him and Sammy Watkins as two national kids whose ability to get in and out of their breaks was next level.

In terms of Trader people are getting lazy with their comparisons. He ain’t Woods, he is nowhere as advanced and he certainly isn’t Diggs either. I see Trader as a cross between a Godwin, not as advanced of a route runner and say Nuk in his ability to make contested catches while only being 6’1.

Trader is still raw and will need to be coached up. His athletic ability is top tier but in a more non traditional way. He isn’t running away from people. He has great hands, body control, ability to track while having above average speed and quickness. LCE said Nabers as a comparison FWIW.
I'd say more hopeful than lazy, we're still breathing copium having lost JSmith.

Comparisons are kinda dumb imo

All I was really saying was if we are comparing Trader to guys that have been producing in the NFL for a decade I see more Woods than Diggs

I get why people like to do it but I think it’s pretty unfair and a little weird, but natural I suppose

I believe he was dealing with a nagging ankle injury this year wasn’t he?? But yeah I agree that some games he wasn’t looking elusive/quick. I remember seeing him limping in a few games this year including playoffs. We’ll see next year
Well, at the All-American, he basically cooked everyone in practice off the line and in the route.

We're fine.

I believe he was dealing with a nagging ankle injury this year wasn’t he?? But yeah I agree that some games he wasn’t looking elusive/quick. I remember seeing him limping in a few games this year including playoffs. We’ll see next year
This is the key....it's always a wait and see situation...

Advertisement
Back