First time in over a decade we will not rely on any freshman

Advertisement
Wrong. @The Franchise and I were sparring with our friend @Dawgcane in Richt's first season. Chise called your Corch "Rick" and dawg asked who that was and i said he was a dawgshît playcaller. It's in here on this board for anyone to find...just like all of your shilling for Richt.

Oh...that's right... You weren't on this board back then so how would you know???

@RVACane , Been traveling just catching up on some reading, but know we all giving Manny some first year slack but how many wins you prediciting his first three years.

@RVACane , Been traveling just catching up on some reading, but know we all giving Manny some first year slack but how many wins you prediciting his first three years.
I'd be guessing blindly. I think the portal is really capable of helping us this year. The offense is all but guaranteed to improve. I'm excited to see how we look on the field. Not like it's the hardest division but I do think we win the coastal this year.

I'd be guessing blindly. I think the portal is really capable of helping us this year. The offense is all but guaranteed to improve. I'm excited to see how we look on the field. Not like it's the hardest division but I do think we win the coastal this year.

You’re such a smart man, RVA.

:)

Miami is
Building quality depth w the Portal
This shortens the time of
“Rebuilding”
I think Manny is knocking it out of the park w this strategy and it will be nice NOT to see so many freshman on the field unless they are stars

Beginning of this post read like a Haiku.

Advertisement
Distance yourself from your gaytendecies man, its more about facts than it is coach richt, anybody in their right mind knows the football program has improved under coach richt. All the games we lost with the exception of the bowl game were winnable games, but with the type of qb play we've had, only so much that could be done. Only the foolish and emotional ones distort reality. Coach richt proved what he could do with a mature and talented roster before he got here and when he got, this last year still wasnt a losing record. Obviously having 7 seniors on the roster means nothing to you, i thought your overall football I.Q. was higher tho, my bad man!

That is exactly what you are doing with your non stop slurping of Mork.

You all really think Neal would have immediately started here and been successful? I've heard mixed reviews.

Said the same prior to the kid opting to go elsewhere. Outstanding prospect, but we overrated him for the immediate future simply because of our need.

That is exactly what you are doing with your non stop slurping of Mork.

Facts are not emotional, they're just facts! To see guy get bent out of shape just because someone gives coach richt credit for his actual accomplishments is comical to me, now i see why clowns actually get paid!

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.

^^TRUTH^^

TALENT should always win over seniority.

A position should be earned by a player's skill and effort, whoever plays the best gets the spot....not just given to someone just because he's been there the longest.

You want the spot? Beat out your competitors ...Earn it

Advertisement
I’m sure one or two will pop up in the rotation but I have a hard time seeing any true freshman getting any reasonable playing time, and that is the winning formula. Avery will be a special teams stud and Harvey I can see getting some burn on passing downs but if Trevon comes that would be 4 proven guys in front of him in Garvin, Rossaeu, Patchan and Hill. All the DT’s will be able to redshirt and the same goes for the oline. Future is very bright I’m so excited and I love the addition of these older guys through the portal. We had 7 seniors coming into the season before everything happened, that’s crazy low.
This is how you create Depth. Your right this the 1st time since maybe 99’ or 2000 our talented freshman have not had to come in start. we have the luxury of not relying on Fresh for the 1st time I’m a long time . And the talent we will have stacked away is quality..

So are your disgust glasses removeable, because if coach diaz has success this year was it all him, and how many games should coach diaz win this year. Those who act as if coach richt was a failure here are being illogical at best, 9 & 4, 10 & 3 than 7 & 6, no losing seasons, a bowl win, coastal champs, acc game, with a real good talented roster, that's a good 3 year run, especially considering the 1st year was a patch job recruiting!
You’ve done lost your mind.

Football is and will always be a grown man sport. Fun fact for you, Clemson’s starting defense consisted of all Juniors, Seniors and redshirt seniors except one Sophmore. They lose one of the best DT’s in the country in Dexter Lawrence and replaced him with a senior who by all means held his own in the playoffs. They had 5 four-year players in their front 7.

Their offensive line consisted of 1 five-year player, 1 senior and 3 three-year players. You just listed elite freshman recruits and act like they grow on trees and everyone has an opportunity to get, news flash, we don’t have that luxury. In fact no one does except Bama. And even they don’t have any freshmen at big boy positions.

Bama’s front seven had 2 five-year players, 1 senior, 3 three-year players and 1 sophomore. But let’s keep relying on freshman like we’ve done for so many years now. Redshirting guys isn’t smart I guess.

Btw Jalen Hurts sucks and was the product of elite players at every other position.
Where ya at?

Advertisement
if you're not playing true freshman nowadays, it means you probably didnt bring in a very good class. This isnt 1992...

One of my favorite things about this board is watching posters like Calvin **** in their hand and smear it in their eyes and face with zero self awareness.

Advertisement
Back