First time in over a decade we will not rely on any freshman

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
I’m sure one or two will pop up in the rotation but I have a hard time seeing any true freshman getting any reasonable playing time, and that is the winning formula. Avery will be a special teams stud and Harvey I can see getting some burn on passing downs but if Trevon comes that would be 4 proven guys in front of him in Garvin, Rossaeu, Patchan and Hill. All the DT’s will be able to redshirt and the same goes for the oline. Future is very bright I’m so excited and I love the addition of these older guys through the portal. We had 7 seniors coming into the season before everything happened, that’s crazy low.

Advertisement
I’m sure one or two will pop up in the rotation but I have a hard time seeing any true freshman getting any reasonable playing time, and that is the winning formula. Avery will be a special teams stud and Harvey I can see getting some burn on passing downs but if Trevon comes that would be 4 proven guys in front of him in Garvin, Rossaeu, Patchan and Hill. All the DT’s will be able to redshirt and the same goes for the oline. Future is very bright I’m so excited and I love the addition of these older guys through the portal. We had 7 seniors coming into the season before everything happened, that’s crazy low.
The Portal is the gift that keeps on giving. It’s given us the latitude and flexibility to stack our RS’s.

Advertisement

And this is why those who dont seem to understand football didnt realize what coach richt was up against, acting as if he took over a championship roster was comical to me, it was obvious this last season, especially after Ahmon got hurt add to that the o-line wasnt going to be that good with navaughn at tackle and st. Louis, and of course coach richt was still going to run his offense, which wasnt as bad as people made it out to be but when you got to many young guys on offense and basically no respected elder leadership, and young qb's with more talent being boosted up because rosier had less talent, and jeff thomas leading the crybaby brigade it created alot of chaos, this year, we'll have more talented older guys on the offense that have made plays that can earn respect. One things for certain, coach enos will go with the guy he can trust with the offense he's installing, he's not trying to come out as the new oc looking weak, plus with the gaytors on deck 1st, they not gone have time and they not playing with the immaturity at that position so real competition is gone have to take place. Coach richt did a good job of getting this roster back on point and in the right direction in 3 short years, now itll be up to coach diaz to improve upon the championship foundation already laid and so far so good!

I agree. I see some getting PT but not starting.

Advertisement
There's a good chance you will see true freshmen in the 2 deep at OL and CB, possibly DT.
Forgive me friend but which true freshman at OL is gonna be getting time. Not calling you out just maybe I’m forgetting someone

The only position group that needed an impact freshman is O-Line. If we pulled Neal he’d be starting day 1. We’ve got talent but that group is the weakest position group hands down and it would’ve been nice to add a premier freshman to the group.

Freshmen will definitely get some PT just because of the new RS rules. But point taken that we won't really be relying on anyone as a true freshman. Payton will probably make the biggest splash given the talent and the fact the WR room is thinning out a little.

Advertisement
The only position group that needed an impact freshman is O-Line. If we pulled Neal he’d be starting day 1. We’ve got talent but that group is the weakest position group hands down and it would’ve been nice to add a premier freshman to the group.

That's also the last position group you want to start a true freshman at. Yeah Neal would play immediately, but that can't be said for the vast majority of true freshmen on the OL unless there's a huge need.

And this is why those who dont seem to understand football didnt realize what coach richt was up against, acting as if he took over a championship roster was comical to me, it was obvious this last season, especially after Ahmon got hurt add to that the o-line wasnt going to be that good with navaughn at tackle and st. Louis, and of course coach richt was still going to run his offense, which wasnt as bad as people made it out to be but when you got to many young guys on offense and basically no respected elder leadership, and young qb's with more talent being boosted up because rosier had less talent, and jeff thomas leading the crybaby brigade it created alot of chaos, this year, we'll have more talented older guys on the offense that have made plays that can earn respect. One things for certain, coach enos will go with the guy he can trust with the offense he's installing, he's not trying to come out as the new oc looking weak, plus with the gaytors on deck 1st, they not gone have time and they not playing with the immaturity at that position so real competition is gone have to take place. Coach richt did a good job of getting this roster back on point and in the right direction in 3 short years, now itll be up to coach diaz to improve upon the championship foundation already laid and so far so good!
My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.

Not having freshman on our two deep is more of an indictment on our latest recruiting class then us being stacked with existing talent. Heck we just went 7-6. Alabama is the greatest dynasty in college football and they rountinely have talent freshman from day 1.

This

Advertisement
My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.

theres valid points to what hes saying, I mean we just heard that there are 7 seniors in this years team, a roster that's been in shambles for years now in terms of upper class depth, and while I think Richt mismanaged the QB situation, a ton of games in his tenure came down to 1 score leading to streaks of wins and losses

Great contrast to the Golden years - particular 2012 and 2013 where we were hardly able to redshirt anyone.

Forgive me friend but which true freshman at OL is gonna be getting time. Not calling you out just maybe I’m forgetting someone
I'm talking out of necessity, not because I see a can't miss prospect right now.

Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.

Yea, not sure why people think relying on frosh is bad. The best players play and if they're frosh so be it.

Advertisement
Back