First time in over a decade we will not rely on any freshman

It is rare you ever see Bama have a true freshman in their front 7 or offensive line. That’s the money positions.
In 2016, Michael Jordan started as Freshman for Oh St

In 2017:
Alex Leatherwood played in 7 games his Freshman year at Bama
Saahdiq Charles & Ed Ingram started as a Freshmen for LSU
Foster Sarell & Walker Litle started as a Freshmen for Stanford
Andrew Thomas started as a Freshman for UGA & was an All-American
Ken Jarvis started as a Freshman for Michigan St
Jack Anderson started as a Freshman for TTech
Cesar Ruiz started as a Freshman for Michigan

In 2018:
Cade Mays started as a Freshman at UGA
Penei Sewell started as a Freshman at Oregon
Creed Humphrey started as a Redshirt Freshman at Oklahoma

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.
Football is and will always be a grown man sport. Fun fact for you, Clemson’s starting defense consisted of all Juniors, Seniors and redshirt seniors except one Sophmore. They lose one of the best DT’s in the country in Dexter Lawrence and replaced him with a senior who by all means held his own in the playoffs. They had 5 four-year players in their front 7.

Their offensive line consisted of 1 five-year player, 1 senior and 3 three-year players. You just listed elite freshman recruits and act like they grow on trees and everyone has an opportunity to get, news flash, we don’t have that luxury. In fact no one does except Bama. And even they don’t have any freshmen at big boy positions.

Bama’s front seven had 2 five-year players, 1 senior, 3 three-year players and 1 sophomore. But let’s keep relying on freshman like we’ve done for so many years now. Redshirting guys isn’t smart I guess.

Btw Jalen Hurts sucks and was the product of elite players at every other position.

In 2016, Michael Jordan started as Freshman for Oh St

In 2017:
Alex Leatherwood played in 7 games his Freshman year at Bama
Saahdiq Charles & Ed Ingram started as a Freshmen for LSU
Foster Sarell & Walker Litle started as a Freshmen for Stanford
Andrew Thomas started as a Freshman for UGA & was an All-American
Ken Jarvis started as a Freshman for Michigan St
Jack Anderson started as a Freshman for TTech
Cesar Ruiz started as a Freshman for Michigan

In 2018:
Cade Mays started as a Freshman at UGA
Penei Sewell started as a Freshman at Oregon
Creed Humphrey started as a Redshirt Freshman at Oklahoma
So you list one player from Bama on their oline and front 7 who didn’t even start and played in 7 garbage time games from the last couple years lol

My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.

Agreed.
Richt Sr. had everything going his way to coach his contract out... if only he had taken the CEO role with maybe QB coaching and hired a good OC.

But in the end it showed that he was in it primarily for himself (obsessed with playcalling to prove UGa that they were wrong ) and for building his son's resume (why resigned than fire him)....

You cannot have dual loyalties.... either you give it all for the success of the program and the 85 kids under your care or be self centered, caring more about yourselves and your family ..

..he chose the selfish route, however he justified it......he was classic Bobby Bowden in his last years...

Last edited:
Payton to me looks like a guy who can come in and have an impact, however we are so stacked at WR he may not even play.

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.

SAY IT LOUDER

How could anyone not be happy if we were recruiting freshmen good enough to knock an an upper classman out of a starting role.?

I guess Mullets success is all because of Shark fvcker right? No if Manny is succesful with Richts guys that means Richt is even worse than we thought. I can't believe you are still trolling with the same Richt Shtick. Even the most hardcore slurpers stopped slurping. You are one of the few delusional slurpers left.

Distance yourself from your gaytendecies man, its more about facts than it is coach richt, anybody in their right mind knows the football program has improved under coach richt. All the games we lost with the exception of the bowl game were winnable games, but with the type of qb play we've had, only so much that could be done. Only the foolish and emotional ones distort reality. Coach richt proved what he could do with a mature and talented roster before he got here and when he got, this last year still wasnt a losing record. Obviously having 7 seniors on the roster means nothing to you, i thought your overall football I.Q. was higher tho, my bad man!

What's hard to understand is how you continue to shill ad nauseum for Richt... And now you're trying to spin it like Manny's building on some fantasy Richt Miami legacy you invented? Nothing that has transpired since Manny took over has any semblance of Richt and how he failingly operated.

Right, were you saying this in 2016 or 2017, if so, maybe we could respect anything you saying now, but you're going off of this last season, so your post are null and void!

Advertisement
Right, were you saying this in 2016 or 2017, if so, maybe we could respect anything you saying now, but you're going off of this last season, so your post are null and void!
Wrong. @The Franchise and I were sparring with our friend @Dawgcane in Richt's first season. Chise called your Corch "Rick" and dawg asked who that was and i said he was a dawgshît playcaller. It's in here on this board for anyone to find...just like all of your shilling for Richt.

Oh...that's right... You weren't on this board back then so how would you know???

Wrong. @The Franchise and I were sparring with our friend @Dawgcane in Richt's first season. Chise called your Corch "Rick" and dawg asked who that was and i said he was a dawgshît playcaller. It's in here on this board for anyone to find...just like all of your shilling for Richt.

Oh...that's right... You weren't on this board back then so how would you know???

Oh i see you talking about oc mark richt with 2 heisman trophy qb's and 2 national championship as an oc, is that the coach richt you saying cant call plays. I'll trust coach richt calling plays over ever trusting you behind a keyboard. Dont let your hate continue to blind you to the facts. And just to be clear, coach richt will never be confused with being the best play caller, but his resume speaks for itself, for those who choose to actual lookl at it. It would've really been nice to see what coach enos would have done with the offensive personnel from last year.

Oh i see you talking about oc mark richt with 2 heisman trophy qb's and 2 national championship as an oc, is that the coach richt you saying cant call plays. I'll trust coach richt calling plays over ever trusting you behind a keyboard. Dont let your hate continue to blind you to the facts. And just to be clear, coach richt will never be confused with being the best play caller, but his resume speaks for itself, for those who choose to actual lookl at it. It would've really been nice to see what coach enos would have done with the offensive personnel from last year.
Look up the word innovation. Maybe it will open your eyes just how awful Richt was here and look up his offenses since he hasn’t had a stud QB in Stafford then Murray.

Look up the word innovation. Maybe it will open your eyes just how awful Richt was here and look up his offenses since he hasn’t had a stud QB in Stafford then Murray.

Look up the words "Learn Football" Football is not that complicated, all those gimmick offenses, lol, and while you're at it, look this up, "offense sell tickets, defense wins championships!

Advertisement
My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.
I have to agree that when Richt arrived the cupboard was at least partly bare. Then he ran off a quality starting QB (Kaaya). Did he do the same with Allison? I don't like Richt's personality for a head coach, never did, and I don't like his nepotism.

I'm glad Richt's gone, but he wasn't left with much to work with from Golden. The program would've continued to decline had Richt stayed especially if he didn't fire son.

Agreed.
Richt Sr. had everything going his way to coach his contract out... if only he had taken the CEO role with maybe QB coaching and hired a good OC.

But in the end it showed that he was in it primarily for himself (obsessed with playcalling to prove UGa that they were wrong ) and for building his son's resume (why resigned than fire him)....

You cannot have dual loyalties.... either you give it all for the success of the program and the 85 kids under your care or be self centered, caring more about yourselves and your family ..

..he chose the selfish route, however he justified it......he was classic Bobby Bowden in his last years...
And when all the internet complaining by FSU fans forced them to unload his underperforming son Bowden said his son was fired "because of eBay."

Look up the words "Learn Football" Football is not that complicated, all those gimmick offenses, lol, and while you're at it, look this up, "offense sell tickets, defense wins championships!
Offense just finished 100 out of 125 and the defense finished 2nd. Guess who was ouroffensive coordinator. Clearly defenses don’t win you anything. You are stupid.

Why do Clemson and Alabama run motions and RPO’s? Please don’t respond my head hurts reading your responses.

Advertisement
Football is and will always be a grown man sport. Fun fact for you, Clemson’s starting defense consisted of all Juniors, Seniors and redshirt seniors except one Sophmore. They lose one of the best DT’s in the country in Dexter Lawrence and replaced him with a senior who by all means held his own in the playoffs. They had 5 four-year players in their front 7.

Their offensive line consisted of 1 five-year player, 1 senior and 3 three-year players. You just listed elite freshman recruits and act like they grow on trees and everyone has an opportunity to get, news flash, we don’t have that luxury. In fact no one does except Bama. And even they don’t have any freshmen at big boy positions.

Bama’s front seven had 2 five-year players, 1 senior, 3 three-year players and 1 sophomore. But let’s keep relying on freshman like we’ve done for so many years now. Redshirting guys isn’t smart I guess.

Btw Jalen Hurts sucks and was the product of elite players at every other position.

Fun Fact most of the Dline and Olineman were starting Sophmores or Freshman and won a championship

Offense just finished 100 out of 125 and the defense finished 2nd. Guess who was ouroffensive coordinator. Clearly defenses don’t win you anything. You are stupid.

Why do Clemson and Alabama run motions and RPO’s? Please don’t respond my head hurts reading your responses.

Good job, just what i expected, comparing already built programs to a rebuilding process, i got you. So with all the motions and rpo's, how many points did that get Bama vs clemson, ill give you a hint, it was 6 more than pitt in got in the acc championship game.

Nice job bringing up the offensive ranking the year of the worst qb play in the richt Miami era, wgat was it in 2016 & 2017! You are definitely stupid about football, but that's what happens when your football knowledge is centered on emotions, comnents from com MN entators and buzz words like "innovative" lol, **** a down and out is a down out, play-calling is mainly about 2 things, the timing of the play-call and tge execution of the play called!

Good job, just what i expected, comparing already built programs to a rebuilding process, i got you. So with all the motions and rpo's, how many points did that get Bama vs clemson, ill give you a hint, it was 6 more than pitt in got in the acc championship game.

Nice job bringing up the offensive ranking the year of the worst qb play in the richt Miami era, wgat was it in 2016 & 2017! You are definitely stupid about football, but that's what happens when your football knowledge is centered on emotions, comnents from com MN entators and buzz words like "innovative" lol, **** a down and out is a down out, play-calling is mainly about 2 things, the timing of the play-call and tge execution of the play called!
Just so we’re on the same page here. Running HB dives on 1st and 2nd down and 4 vertices on 3rd down has nothing to do with play calling and everything to do with execution and timing? An offense with no motion, misdirection and WR stacks is too gimicky and not good? Ok you got it dude.

Advertisement
Back