First time in over a decade we will not rely on any freshman

I’m sure one or two will pop up in the rotation but I have a hard time seeing any true freshman getting any reasonable playing time, and that is the winning formula. Avery will be a special teams stud and Harvey I can see getting some burn on passing downs but if Trevon comes that would be 4 proven guys in front of him in Garvin, Rossaeu, Patchan and Hill. All the DT’s will be able to redshirt and the same goes for the oline. Future is very bright I’m so excited and I love the addition of these older guys through the portal. We had 7 seniors coming into the season before everything happened, that’s crazy low.
the 2 I think push hard is couch/smith. I love our safeties in carter/bolden/hall but smith is a legit talent couch is too while ivey/blades/bandy/freirson are all great talents its all unproven at this time also besides bandy. so couch could have a huge say at cb. there will be a surpise elsewhere also maybe huff plays more then expected maybe one of the dt's comes in a shocks us and is part of the rotation oline is unproven but I don't expect any of the new guys to make the first 2 teams. I think all of the are development guys not instant impact

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.

Hey man that’s all great but realistically I don’t think we signed anyone who is such a big time talent like any of those dudes you listed... a bunch of great talent that will be great in a year or two

I love everyone we’ve signed but take your orange and green shades off for a bit brotha

My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.

So are your disgust glasses removeable, because if coach diaz has success this year was it all him, and how many games should coach diaz win this year. Those who act as if coach richt was a failure here are being illogical at best, 9 & 4, 10 & 3 than 7 & 6, no losing seasons, a bowl win, coastal champs, acc game, with a real good talented roster, that's a good 3 year run, especially considering the 1st year was a patch job recruiting!

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence & Justyn Ross were True Freshman for Clemson when they beat Bama for the National championship.

Tua & Devonta Smith were Freshman for Bama when they beat UGA for the National championship.

Both Jalen Hurts & Jake Fromm lead their teams to national title games in their True Freshman year (Hurts 2016 & Fromm in 2017).

We had a 5th year Senior QB, with 2 Redshirt upperclassmen WR's (Cager, Langham), a Junior RB & 4 upperclassmen linemen (St. Louis, Gauthier, Boulware & Mahoney), and we still had one of the worst Offenses in D1 college football history.

True Frosh can play & be impactful for your team, if you think you can only win with just Seniors then you're never actually going to win.

Talent & Coaching matter more than seniority. Either Tate or Jarren Williams as Red Frosh are head & shoulders better than the older QB's Perry & Weldon who will be entering into their 3rd year.

Stop thinking like Richt, every major winning playoff contending program in the P5 has TF's contributing & they are recruiting them as such. If you think we're ever going to turn around our reputation on the recruiting trail without the possibility of offering the opportunity to play as a TF then you're sadly stuck in the past. You can't get elite talent by telling them you're going to come here to sit on the bench for 3 years, it ain't the 90's anymore.

Its always easy to start True freshmen qb's when everything around him is built and pretty much top notch, which is why when dorsey took over the starting job here, basically everthing was in place around him.

Hey man that’s all great but realistically I don’t think we signed anyone who is such a big time talent like any of those dudes you listed... a bunch of great talent that will be great in a year or two

I love everyone we’ve signed but take your orange and green shades off for a bit brotha
What Orange & Green shades? I literally didn't mention a single player we signed in this class because I wasn't talking about any class specifically. I was speaking in general.

The fact is, it's a new era of college football, if you guys want us to sign top 5-10 classes annually & you think we're going to do it without future 4/5-star prospects having the opportunity to play early then you're delusional.

The best kids play early, the old days of sitting on the bench for years & years waiting your turn are over, especially with the Portal.

The whole point of my comment was to show people that the old style of thinking that you can only win with upperclassmen just isn't true, because all the programs that actually are winning aren't following it anymore.

So are your disgust glasses removeable, because if coach diaz has success this year was it all him, and how many games should coach diaz win this year. Those who act as if coach richt was a failure here are being illogical at best, 9 & 4, 10 & 3 than 7 & 6, no losing seasons, a bowl win, coastal champs, acc game, with a real good talented roster, that's a good 3 year run, especially considering the 1st year was a patch job recruiting!
giphy (3).gif

Advertisement
My lord, I usually just ignore your rantings but do you ever stop making excuses for Richt? He was God awful and you were repeatedly on the wrong side of history here. The only reason the CIS board eased up is because he retired without financially crippling us. Stop blaming the players like JT4. Just stop already.

Richt is a class act, man of God. Wonderful husband and father.

**** coach.

I guess Mullets success is all because of Shark fvcker right? No if Manny is succesful with Richts guys that means Richt is even worse than we thought. I can't believe you are still trolling with the same Richt Shtick. Even the most hardcore slurpers stopped slurping. You are one of the few delusional slurpers left.

Advertisement
I know its hard for the emotionally wrecked to understand!
What's hard to understand is how you continue to shill ad nauseum for Richt... And now you're trying to spin it like Manny's building on some fantasy Richt Miami legacy you invented? Nothing that has transpired since Manny took over has any semblance of Richt and how he failingly operated.

Advertisement
Not having freshman on our two deep is more of an indictment on our latest recruiting class then us being stacked with existing talent. Heck we just went 7-6. Alabama is the greatest dynasty in college football and they rountinely have talent freshman from day 1.
It is rare you ever see Bama have a true freshman in their front 7 or offensive line. That’s the money positions.

Miami is
Building quality depth w the Portal
This shortens the time of
“Rebuilding”
I think Manny is knocking it out of the park w this strategy and it will be nice NOT to see so many freshman on the field unless they are stars

Ideally you eant to see 5 or 6 freshman make impacts throughout the season hopefully we get t that point with this class.
That’s the furthest thing from the truth. That’s the opposite football is a grown man sport, you want men, not boys straight from high school.

theres valid points to what hes saying, I mean we just heard that there are 7 seniors in this years team, a roster that's been in shambles for years now in terms of upper class depth, and while I think Richt mismanaged the QB situation, a ton of games in his tenure came down to 1 score leading to streaks of wins and losses
All those short comings is cause of Richt. He didn’t have sanctions and had the best resources we’ve had in years. Richt was so bad.

Advertisement
Back