First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your proving my point with the caliber of kids y'all sign by the way... If FIRST ROUND management draft strategy is undrafted free agents or late round picks than I completely understand. To say all star game dudes etc is also counter productive as the dudes who are all early options don't typically even consider playing in those.

Glad u said it. Lol FML.

Aye; keep this bih open! This is one of the best threads in CIS history. Whoa!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think so. They are not as bad as slip and fall “Attorneys”. But one in the same, produce nothing and leach of production.
Agents get paid single digit percentages,
Typically 15-20% in athletics, which is small when you consider managers in the music industry go up to 50%

For those of you who need help understanding, Pete here just exposed the fact that you were all right and he is one of the main ones Manny was talking about when he cut agents and their reps away from campus cause they were weaseling in and getting in these kids ears. Otherwise how would he be able to speak on cutting a kid off after developing a relationship. These kids should be strangers to agents until they start to put out feelers because that's morally how this is supposed to be done.
Not true. We were never cut or banned from campus. False narrative once again.

We have always been allowed to talk to kids while in school. That’s not against the rules. You should probably know more about the business before you come on here and talk like you do.

Advertisement
ezgif-6-c61595964975.gif

So if a kid signs for 50k ann. the lawyers are getting 10-20% of it?

Then they pay taxes but hey it’s better than nothing but wild they get 20%….for what? Kid can get a tax man for $100 to help his taxes what’s the point of giving up 20% of your bread? I guess these agencies are brokering the deals but man that’s a large chunk

For those of you who need help understanding, Pete here just exposed the fact that you were all right and he is one of the main ones Manny was talking about when he cut agents and their reps away from campus cause they were weaseling in and getting in these kids ears. Otherwise how would he be able to speak on cutting a kid off after developing a relationship. These kids should be strangers to agents until they start to put out feelers because that's morally how this is supposed to be done.

I saw it first hand when Jason Rosenhaus was at UM Law with me in the early 90s, that guy spent more time at Hecht than at the Law School.

Advertisement
Not true. We were never cut or banned from campus. False narrative once again.

We have always been allowed to talk to kids while in school. That’s not against the rules. You should probably know more about the business before you come on here and talk like you do.
You should learn reading comprehension and you 100% were...

I saw it first hand when Jason Rosenhaus was at UM Law with me in the early 90s, that guy spent more time at Hecht than at the Law School.
Yeah cause that's how agents get around it. Maybe laws have changed now. But then agents couldn't have direct contact when it related to NFL etc. You can't stop some random dude from communicating with people but that was one of the arguments made under Ericson when they fought for lack of institutional control. As a university we're not supposed to allow that environment to thrive.

So if a kid signs for 50k ann. the lawyers are getting 10-20% of it?

Pro athletes, yes. I have no idea about these individual deals but my GUESS, and more my hope, is that they are taking a smaller cut of these since they are amateur athletes still in college. It's not even inconceivable that the fees are being waived in certain cases.

Advertisement
Pro athletes, yes. I have no idea about these individual deals but my GUESS, and more my hope, is that they are taking a smaller cut of these since they are amateur athletes still in college. It's not even inconceivable that the fees are being waived in certain cases.
Most likely minimal in hopes they sign them as agents eventually

This is why you’re the GOAT. You speak facts and say it how it is.

I used to work at Wasserman (marketing consultant) and had the privilege to meet/work with some of the biggest agents in the business and athletes in the world on the agency side. Although it has its rewards when you make it to a certain level, It’s a very difficult business to be in.

I won’t speak too much on some of the things I have noticed with FRM that I haven’t liked but the angle that they “care about the athletes and their family’s” is funny to me. Real recognizes real and there is something amateurish and not genuine about posting it on a message board.

Meanwhile, when he criticizes other big time agency’s for only caring about players draft status (which is partially true) makes me wonder does he not think he won’t be the same if he reaches that level of success? This is a business, at the end.

Advertisement
Technically speaking it opens a door. But unless I'm confused it's literally illegal to ink anything while still in college for representation in the league. It's why so many agents get ****ed when they try to lock kids in early by taking care of them throughout school. Because the kids find out it's essentially free money they can't be held responsible for. You have plenty of agents now taking care of kids throughout high school and up. Had one agent no need to speak his name, all me if I was interested in starting up a feeder academy with him for youth football. So her essentially be able to target kids from elementary school up. That's just crazy.
Also, if the NFL gets wind of illegal or misrepresentation, the agents can be banned from signing players to the league. The NFLPA also has a banned company list which is mostly shady supplement companies.

I think the agents would make more money off signing college players to NIL deals than actually signing them to an NFL contracts. Only 2% of athletes go onto the pros. Even in a good year UM is going have 5-6 player go to the NFL. That's very few players for all the South Florida agents to fight over. It would be easier to make 15%-20% on NIL deals from a bunch of players that will never play in the NFL.

Personally, I hope the players leave out these middle men and get direct endorsements.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back