FireEveryoneSide Chat with Your Dearest Legend

Which teams did Manny lose to this yr? Only teams with HOF NC caliber HCs. If he played CMU, FIU, or GT this yr..he would've smoked all 3, but that doesn't mean this team is any closer to becoming a championship contender.

Only looking at recruiting rankings provides a distorted perspective of the situation. It gives the impression this program is doing less with more, but that's not entirely accurate. In this sport the most important aspect of talent acquisition is evaluation & assessment, and there exists a linear relationship between that & coaching ability. This is how programs like Iowa & Wisconsin continue to win close to 10 games yr in, & yr out, and churn out NFL prospects, despite recruiting in the 40's.

In the last 20 yrs this program has evaluated & assessed talent poorly, and thats why it has more or less been a pedestrian ACC team.
Look at Matt Campbell at Iowa State. Doesn't even get a top 40 recruiting class, but turns out teams that compete with the elites of their conference.

ISU Recruiting Rankings
2017 - 52
2018 - 55
2019 - 46
2020 - 46
2021 - 49

ISU's playing for a Big 12 title with a bunch of kids not even ranked in the top 40. There's a lot to be said for evaluating and developing talent.

Advertisement
Manny: 'Big boy.... Now, now. I see we weren't using our thinking caps, were we? Buddy, you're better than that.
Nesta: 'Whatever, coach.'
Manny: 'Listen. I'm not mad at you. Let's just do better next time, OK?'
Nesta: 'Fvck out of my way, coach.'
Manny: 'Hey, hey. It's all good, big fella. Hug?'
Nesta: (keeps walking)
Manny to the guy boning his wife: 'Next time, I'd appreciate it if you would not do it in my bed.'
Guy: [stares]
Manny: look, can you at least change the sheets?
Guy: [sneers]
Manny: (sighs) well, do you think it's too much to ask that you at least close the door, so I don't walk in and have to see that?
Guy: [smirks]
Manny: okay, look, we don't have to make a big deal out of this

Manny: 'Big boy.... Now, now. I see we weren't using our thinking caps, were we? Buddy, you're better than that.
Nesta: 'Whatever, coach.'
Manny: 'Listen. I'm not mad at you. Let's just do better next time, OK?'
Nesta: 'Fvck out of my way, coach.'
Manny: 'Hey, hey. It's all good, big fella. Hug?'
Nesta: (keeps walking)
This is incorrect. I'm certainly not here to defend Diaz, but he did talk with Nesta on the sideline just after the play. It was on camera.

What he doesn't do is get in player's faces and call his team out. He doesn't light a fire so his team mopes around when falling behind. If that kind of behaviour is acceptable, then that is exactly what you get.

When you see that BS in the 1st quarter, I take a timeout and get my entire team on the field in front of national tv for a thrashing reminder of why we're here, what we're playing for, and what it means to be a Cane.

This loss was 100% on the coaches. I know we are frustrated with a bunch of players, but when 2 evenly matched teams play and the result is so lopside the coaches failed the team. Our D was doomed from kickoff, Manny's D is not a recipe for winning on the level we hope. Mack Brown knew every limitation of his system and abused him.

I was never under the ilusion this was a good team, never wanted to get to the ACCCG to avoid this kind of beatdown again, but I didn't thought they had this type of loss on them either. Especially to such an average team like UNC, ffs they lost to FSU and UVA.
I think we progressed from 2019 to 2020, even said this week on another thread that this was a nice year 1 of a 3 year rebuild. I'm hoping this finally shows Manny that his system and philosphy doesn't work against teams with talent on offense. He needs to bring defensive minds that can help him.

Lashlee needs to do better next season. 10 points in a half against one of the worst D on CFB is pathetic. He needs to figure it out his run system and how to get the ball to his best playmakers. I understand that with a couple of better throws from King, Scaife and Chaney making a simple play on 4th down the outlook could have been different, but we need more from him next season and I think he has it on him.

Unless the bottom falls off next season Manny will get 2 more year here, so even tho I don't think he's the answer and hate his defense I hope he proves me wrong

Advertisement
This loss was 100% on the coaches. I know we are frustrated with a bunch of players, but when 2 evenly matched teams play and the result is so lopside the coaches failed the team. Our D was doomed from kickoff, Manny's D is not a recipe for winning on the level we hope. Mack Brown knew every limitation of his system and abused him.

I was never under the ilusion this was a good team, never wanted to get to the ACCCG to avoid this kind of beatdown again, but I didn't thought they had this type of loss on them either. Especially to such an average team like UNC, ffs they lost to FSU and UVA.
I think we progressed from 2019 to 2020, even said this week on another thread that this was a nice year 1 of a 3 year rebuild. I'm hoping this finally shows Manny that his system and philosphy doesn't work against teams with talent on offense. He needs to bring defensive minds that can help him.

Lashlee needs to do better next season. 10 points in a half against one of the worst D on CFB is pathetic. He needs to figure it out his run system and how to get the ball to his best playmakers. I understand that with a couple of better throws from King, Scaife and Chaney making a simple play on 4th down the outlook could have been different, but we need more from him next season and I think he has it on him.

Unless the bottom falls off next season Manny will get 2 more year here, so even tho I don't think he's the answer and hate his defense I hope he proves me wrong
This season wasn’t progress. It was the same type of stuff we’ve seen forever here. The difference is we rented an exceptional leader and 6th year QB for a year and got lucky to play a bunch of horrible teams that didn’t have their starting QB.

This is exactly how our goofy fans constantly get sucked in by these awful HCs. They set the bar unimaginably low then win two more games the next season, and everyone starts the wishful blather about trending up.

This is incorrect. I'm certainly not here to defend Diaz, but he did talk with Nesta on the sideline just after the play. It was on camera.

What he doesn't do is get in player's faces and call his team out. He doesn't light a fire so his team mopes around when falling behind. If that kind of behaviour is acceptable, then that is exactly what you get.

When you see that BS in the 1st quarter, I take a timeout and get my entire team on the field in front of national tv for a thrashing reminder of why we're here, what we're playing for, and what it means to be a Cane.
And my point is that his ‘talking to’ was some soft ***, weak coddling bull****. As was said by a previous poster, you don’t need to go nuclear every time a mistake is made, but there are times you absolutely need to get into a player’s ***. Dabo and Saban would have lost it completely, and in that instance they would have been in the right.

Manny does not strike fear and respect into his players. They like him and that’s all well and good, but he’s just not the ‘take no bull****’ coach that our players need.

Soft culture, gimmicky scheme, poor fundamentals, playing favorites and all else aside, yesterday's game was over before it began.

Had we been ranked 6th or 7th it may have felt like we still had an outside shot at the CFP, but 3 straight road wins were not enough to keep 2-loss teams from jumping us. I believe the players acknowledged the rankings, 3:30pm kickoff instead of primetime, and GT cancellation as signs that no matter what they did, it just would not be good enough. And the prospect of a 3rd place ACC finish, invitation to a bowl game played at our home stadium, alternate uniforms, fake senior day (many seniors will return) was not enough to make anyone care and it showed.

Shame on the players and coaches for allowing yesterday to happen. They're pride-less punks who deserve to be mocked and ridiculed, but this game may have looked different had we been ranked higher, and if we had played in Chapel Hill. We play in a cavernous, antiseptic empty stadium with echoes and no tangible advantages. Aside from FSU we played like sedated retards at home all season. UNC played with urgency while we were unfocused.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That 70 year old quack brown trotted his group out and lost to norvell this year. Then he was able to regroup and shove it down mandy's throat like he was Linda Lovelace.

You can bet saban, dabo, and ryan day are already on the phone with the few recruits we have that they actually want and asking them if they want to play for mandy

That sums it all up. It’s why I’m constantly talking about leadership because it’s all that matters. Manure is a big old flappy pvssy, who celebrates desultory wins against ****** teams like he just won a NC. He’s trash. He is an average DC and a horrible HC.
That last part is what kills me about this program and the leadership up top. There is no cogent application of standards and benchmarks. They are absolutely applied without any nuanced rational analysis. Dorito brought our defensive standards down to such a low bar that basically anything that followed was going seem like a gold standard. Blake and the BOT fell in love with mediocrity and convinced themselves that it was something it was not. Outside of one year at UT that proved to be a flash in a pan, Diaz has never been any sort of defensive guru. He is a journey man and that is the best way to put it. No one expected us to get back to playing to the standard we used to play at over night, but **** the admin just mailed it in and determined this was now as good as it could possibly get when reality it is average. Every single good staff we play, works us, sans 17 ND. It’s not even hard, we have no gap integrity or discipline, and the second line of defense which guess who is supposed to recruit and develop is borderline P5 level.

It amazes me to see the number of threads looking for replacements for our DC, OC or asking to encourage players to seek transfers as THE SOLUTION to our failures. Ignoring the OBVIOUS.
Nothing will change if the HC is incompetent and doesn't know how to be the leader. It is as obvious as Las Vegas midday sun in August.
Notwithstanding arguments of "Manny is going nowhere now" or "this administration will not pay for a better HC".

Advertisement
Best part is I have already read that this loss is like Syr in 1998

I also read last week that the Duke win was like the Texas Cotton Bowl win in 1991.

I come to this board for the comedy

This season wasn’t progress. It was the same type of stuff we’ve seen forever here. The difference is we rented an exceptional leader and 6th year QB for a year and got lucky to play a bunch of horrible teams that didn’t have their starting QB.

This is exactly how our goofy fans constantly get sucked in by these awful HCs. They set the bar unimaginably low then win two more games the next season, and everyone starts the wishful blather about trending up.

King was the hottest name in the portal and one of the top QBs in college football. This season tells me we actually regressed from last year, think about that. We got worst from a 6-7 season. Manny got saved by King being such a badass.

That’s why I think we’re done as a player on the national stage. We’ll eventually fire Manure, but it’ll be two years late. Then we’ll hire Banda as the new HC.

I have lost all trust in this organization. They’re doing just enough to steal checks from the ACC. Too many people who don’t care enough about football and what it takes to win these days running this organization.

Sadly, Im with you. As I look around my office( aka, 'the Little Orange Bowl of East LA/Montebello) and I see all the memorabilia from the past (posters, football cards, autographs, helmets, pennants, tickets stubs,souvenier cups, etc) I kinda feel like that Civil War historian, who is consumed by that period of time. I mean, seriously, as I look around my office it always brings a smile to my face, some great memories -- and I can tell you where I was and how I felt as some of these moments happened) and my boxing credentials -- but there is this sinking feeling that for Miami it's all about this glorious past. There really is no future.

It's a sobering thought to be honest.

Advertisement

You’re manny!

I dont know guys, Manny did get the Black Lives Matter stuff all over our gear, I mean, that's the important stuff, amiright? Also, gave the team the day off to vote! And let's not forget, Manny also encourages the "team" to get after other college kids for not wearing masks. I mean, you add all that up, and it's gonna equal some victories in the future. You just wait and see!

this is stuff Manny is great at --- being liked by the players, 'getting it' and the optics.

As for the actual coaching of football.....

did he do the slip and slide after the game?

maybe institute a bounce house on the sideline where players that make a good play get 60" to ricochet around to their delight? Maybe pony rides if you score a TD?

Advertisement
Back