FireEveryoneSide Chat with Your Dearest Legend

Once again they put band aids on our problem plus they're bigger problrms on the horizon with Cbs and LBs. And to top it all off who will be teaching them the proper techniques to win and get to the next level.

Now I see why the blue chips choose else where they want to go.... business decisions and I totally agree with that.
If my son was choosing with this University I would tell him to make a wise decision because these buffoons will ruin your career.

Unless their are major changes the U are just a memory. Plus my tattoo that I got 20 plus years ago, well, I will be removing it, LOL, I enjoyed the
history just like the old Canes. @k9cane, well said post.

Advertisement
Look at Matt Campbell at Iowa State. Doesn't even get a top 40 recruiting class, but turns out teams that compete with the elites of their conference.

ISU Recruiting Rankings
2017 - 52
2018 - 55
2019 - 46
2020 - 46
2021 - 49

ISU's playing for a Big 12 title with a bunch of kids not even ranked in the top 40. There's a lot to be said for evaluating and developing talent.
Oh, and with their 2-3 star offensive line that returned only 2 starters for the 2020 season, Iowa State is on the Joe Moore honor role in 2020 for most outstanding offensive line.

Wish we had Matt Campbell.

24DB0752-05AD-492A-8F60-009992F612E0.jpeg

Advertisement
When Miami began the season the goal was to earn a spot in the ACCCG. When ND knocked off Clemson, Barry Jackson noted how he had heard directly from players who voiced their disappointment, knowing that it all but meant that Miami would be kept out of the game in Charlotte.

Weeks went by and both Clemson and ND continued on a path toward the ACC title game while Miami sat on their hands watching teams like Iowa State and Georgia get more respect in the CFP rankings than a 1-loss ACC team coming off consecutive road wins.

Then consider that by the time Miami could do anything about it they were forced to play Duke, crushed them, and it still did not matter as they remained behind those 2-loss teams.

Simply stated: the team did not care about yesterday's game.

We the fans have suffered for 15 years. Desperate for a division title, 10-win season, NY6 bowl berth, top-10 finish, anything within our grasp to make it feel like we're watching the Miami many of us remember.

For the team, however, my theory is once it became crystal clear we had absolutely zero shot of making the ACCG or CFP, our guys packed it in. And this occurred when the CFP rankings came out on Tuesday and we were STILL behind multiple 2-loss teams despite a third consecutive road win.

Then consider that ND was allowed (by our own conference!) to usurp our rightful spot in the ACCCG.

Then consider that our final game against GT was cancelled less than 24 hours before playing UNC, creating an impromptu senior day nobody wanted.

All of this forced the team to collectively accept that their dream of playing for an ACC title and a natty is kaput, and what the **** do they care about playing in a NY6 bowl game in the same empty stadium at which we play our home games?

Think about it. Did we look like a team that gave a single f-ck about playing UNC yesterday because of what was at stake? Please.

Now, I don't mean to make it sound like this doesn't all fall on Manure's shoulders because it does. He stinks and I don't like him. Douse him in petrol, shoot him from a cannon into an active volcano, fire his cronies, and then push them into the active volcano so they suffer in agony.

However, the psychological element of what's transpired in the past few weeks is largely what led to such a dud imo. Give credit to UNC but they were absolutely not facing a team with anything to prove or to play for in my opinion, and handing UNC their 4th loss this season would not persuade anyone into believing Miami is any good.

Miami was a victim of its own victim mentality, and Manny was impotent against all of what led to the players giving up. Once they got down, and once it was clear that King, Lashlee and our offense could not keep up, it was ova.

Last edited:
When Miami began the season the goal was to earn a spot in the ACCCG. When ND knocked off Clemson, Barry Jackson noted how he had heard directly from players who voiced their disappointment, knowing that it all but meant that Miami would be kept out of the game in Charlotte.

Weeks went by and both Clemson and ND continued on a path toward the ACC title game while Miami sat on their hands watching teams like Iowa State and Georgia get more respect in the CFP rankings than a 1-loss ACC team coming off consecutive road wins.

Then consider that by the time Miami could do anything about it they were forced to play Duke, crushed them, and it still did not matter as they remained behind those 2-loss teams.

Simply stated: the team did not care about yesterday's game.

We the fans have suffered for 15 years. Desperate for a division title, 10-win season, NY6 bowl berth, top-10 finish, anything within our grasp to make it feel like we're watching the Miami many of us remember.

For the team, however, my theory is once it became crystal clear we had absolutely zero shot of making the ACCG or CFP, our guys packed it in. And this occurred when the CFP rankings came out on Tuesday and we were STILL behind multiple 2-loss teams despite a third consecutive road win.

Then consider that ND was allowed (by our own conference!) to usurp our rightful spot in the ACCCG.

Then consider that our final game against GT was cancelled less than 24 hours before playing UNC, creating an impromptu senior day nobody wanted.

All of this forced the team to collectively accept that their dream of playing for an ACC title and a natty is kaput, and what the **** do they care about playing in a NY6 bowl game in the same empty stadium at which we play our home games?

Think about it. Did we look like a team that gave a single f-ck about playing UNC yesterday because of what was at stake? Please.

Now, I don't mean to make it sound like this doesn't all fall on Manure's shoulders because it does. He stinks and I don't like him. Douse him in petrol, shoot him from a cannon into an active volcano, fire his cronies, and then push them into the active volcano so they suffer in agony.

However, the psychological element of what's transpired in the past few weeks is largely what led to such a dud imo. Give credit to UNC but they were absolutely not facing a team with anything to prove or to play for in my opinion, and handing UNC their 4th loss this season would not persuade anyone into believing Miami is any good.

Miami was a victim of its own victim mentality, and Manny was impotent against all of what led to the players giving up. Once they got down, and once it was clear that King, Lashlee and our offense could not keep up, it was ova.

Naw bruh.

It’s way simpler than that.

Young men for the most part are undisciplined and volatile. To perform well as a group CONSISTENTLY, they have to have a leader they respect.

This respect is earned through body language that projects confidence. It gives subconscious cues as to whether or not anyone should take you seriously and follow you.

It is difficult to keep a group of young men focused and dedicated. It takes strength and self assurance. Manny has terrible leadership body language. That won’t fly in high stakes competition like college football.

Mack Brown was out for blood and his staff attacked our gimmicks with no mercy. It was a lost cause before kickoff and a catastrophe afterwards. These these happen with shaky leaders.

Sadly, Im with you. As I look around my office( aka, 'the Little Orange Bowl of East LA/Montebello) and I see all the memorabilia from the past (posters, football cards, autographs, helmets, pennants, tickets stubs,souvenier cups, etc) I kinda feel like that Civil War historian, who is consumed by that period of time. I mean, seriously, as I look around my office it always brings a smile to my face, some great memories -- and I can tell you where I was and how I felt as some of these moments happened) and my boxing credentials -- but there is this sinking feeling that for Miami it's all about this glorious past. There really is no future.

It's a sobering thought to be honest.

Advertisement
Sadly, Im with you. As I look around my office( aka, 'the Little Orange Bowl of East LA/Montebello) and I see all the memorabilia from the past (posters, football cards, autographs, helmets, pennants, tickets stubs,souvenier cups, etc) I kinda feel like that Civil War historian, who is consumed by that period of time. I mean, seriously, as I look around my office it always brings a smile to my face, some great memories -- and I can tell you where I was and how I felt as some of these moments happened) and my boxing credentials -- but there is this sinking feeling that for Miami it's all about this glorious past. There really is no future.

It's a sobering thought to be honest.
Being a miami fan is like being a kid in detention, locked indoors but looking out the window and seeing all the other kids running around outside.

there isn’t anything that truly holds this program back other than the intentions of its admin. but that ain’t changing.

Get Manure the fck out of my face. He's the feeble little bytch of a 70 year old dude. Mack Brown is like the old dude on the bus from a few years ago, and Manure is the smart mouth ****, who the old dude bludgeoned and left leaking like a busted faucet. I could have sworn I heard Manure lisping out, "Call the ambulamps!"

We got bent over and gimped like no supposedly credible program I've ever seen. We are talking 800 yards of offense against us. Randy Shannon is now off the hook for the GT debacle when he went in with the "tackle 'em high" strategy, and Romeo Davis was left grabbing at towels as they put 600 yards on us.

We completely no showed and lost any good will we had gained this season. Every drop of it is gone. It's one thing to get beat; it's another to no show with a NY6 bowl on the line. I'd say we quit, but you can't quit when you don't even bother starting. We let them humiliate us and never even tried to fight back. Those 2 backs are great, but you saw what a real program did to them a couple weeks ago. Notre Dame had no problem neutralizing them after taking a couple early punches in the 1st quarter because ND is coached and confident. Now, all you retards get in here and tell me again how we beat ND 3 years ago, and how Book is a bytch because he got pick 6'd.

The goofballs in here don't know football and just don't get it. I tried to tell you a few weeks ago that we were average, and I got hammered for it. Told you it was basically a mirage and that we had to rely on the luck of Pitt and NCSU losing their QBs to beat them. Then we scratched out wins against a couple more awful ACC teams, and everyone was creaming like dirty, filthy little PAWG thots.

Worst thing that happened to this program was King saving Manure's ***. No King this year, and we are a 3 win team, and Manure is GONE. Now, the dyck faces will bombard us with 8-2 until halftime of the Baga game when Sabag is giving Manure a Russian swirly. King will be gone, and Van *******'s head will hanging from his neck by a couple ligaments after going 2-14 for 3 yards and 5 INTs in the first half.

Now, we're going to have to hear the constant drone of "fire Blake Baker!" puked out by mongoloids as if Baker is the problem. Same **** we've seen here forever. Mongoloids looking for new assistant coaches all the time when the HC is the problem.

It's time for us to be regaled by those with Down syndrome with more Dabo parallels. Tell me, mongoloids, how Dabo wasn't Dabo until he got humiliated by WVU and hired Venables. But don't tell me about how Steele wasn't running Dabo's defense. Baker and all those other rubes are Manure's sons. They're running his ****.

You know what else? It doesn't matter a bit what your stupid *** scheme is when you come out there like we did today. Manure could have had Buddy Ryan running the D and Andy Reid running the O, and he would have got his ***** stomped out today because his team didn't show up. And that is ALL ON HIM. So, just get that little fvck all the way out of my face because he's a loser. You'll have to fire him eventually, so pay his $200K buyout now, and hit the restart button. It'll never happen, so just fvck this stupid program that these morons destroyed with an administration full of football idiots.

In closing, that was the biggest embarrassment this program has suffered. FIU was awful, but this was just pure emasculation. FIU flopped and flaunted the rules. UNC beat the fck out of us for 60 minutes and toyed with us. No man should ever let another man do him that way.
Two bad omens last week; No Fireside Chat, and then some porster started one saying "NC was scared of our DL"

Naw bruh.

It’s way simpler than that.

Young men for the most part are undisciplined and volatile. To perform well as a group CONSISTENTLY, they have to have a leader they respect.

This respect is earned through body language that projects confidence. It gives subconscious cues as to whether or not anyone should take you seriously and follow you.

It is difficult to keep a group of young men focused and dedicated. It takes strength and self assurance. Manny has terrible leadership body language. That won’t fly in high stakes competition like college football.

Mack Brown was out for blood and his staff attacked our gimmicks with no mercy. It was a lost cause before kickoff and a catastrophe afterwards. These these happen with shaky leaders.
All true but it was a psychologically peculiar few weeks, which is what ultimately led to the team giving up.

If a berth in the ACCG was on the line yesterday, or if there was a remote, outside shot at sneaking into the CFP, then it's a completely different week of practice and ball game imo. There aren't many alternative explanations for allowing 800 yards and 62 points aside from a complete and total lack of interest. And yeah, that falls on Manure. I hate manure! A good leader is able to keep the team engaged enough to at least fight back.

All true but it was a psychologically peculiar few weeks, which is what ultimately led to the team giving up.

If a berth in the ACCG was on the line yesterday, or if there was a remote, outside shot at sneaking into the CFP, then it's a completely different week of practice and ball game imo. There aren't many alternative explanations for allowing 800 yards and 62 points aside from a complete and total lack of interest. And yeah, that falls on Manure. I hate manure! A good leader is able to keep the team engaged enough to at least fight back.

I just don’t see a Miami team not chomping at the bit for an Orange Bowl berth following the disaster of 2019 if properly prepared.

The Duke win had them too high and full of themselves if anything. A loss was not anything out the question. UNC has talent and experienced coaches.

I have no beef with losing that game. Every rebuild has bumps in the road. But to lose like that to an evenly matched team is a coaching and leadership failure of historic proportions.

It wasn’t talent or heart or disappointment that got them beat LIKE THAT.

It was a group of experienced, seasoned coaches determined to humiliate a poor leader surrounded by bartenders and high school coaches.

Advertisement
On Joe Rose, Manny said they were emotionally spent, should be proud of hard work they put in, need a break to recharge their batteries, may not be w families on Xmas, have shown progress, effort was there as they had 10 guys running over 20 mph...chasing Rbs. Shouldn’t be defined by one bad game...blah blah blah. I’ve never heard such pussification by a “leader” in my entire life. Just wow. Fly the banners, raise the flags, print the billboards, gut the AD down and pull scholarships.

On Joe Rose, Manny said they were emotionally spent, should be proud of hard work they put in, need a break to recharge their batteries, may not be w families on Xmas, have shown progress, effort was there as they had 10 guys running over 20 mph...chasing Rbs. Shouldn’t be defined by one bad game...blah blah blah. I’ve never heard such pussification by a “leader” in my entire life. Just wow. Fly the banners, raise the flags, print the billboards, gut the AD down and pull scholarships.

I guess UNC was less drained under similar circumstances with more disappointing losses and higher expectations.

Remember the stories of what a ****y ******* Mullen was when he interviewed for the job? Reality is that weird ******* knew that we had potential but we needed to change our Mickey Mouse Club House around.
And think of how many trains would get run on his wife.

#weird****goingdowningainesville

Advertisement
Emotionally spent is landing in Normandy being machine gunned to shreds and looking up at a huge cliff and you have to take it NOW and your 18 years old .

I’m tired of blame it never ends , we need embrace our time on the anvil being pounded into a sharp blade sharp and deadly.

But instead we blame and complain until we recognize we are not right in any way it cannot be fixed with blame .

I’ve said until you train like no other you can never ever be like no other.

not only physical training but mentally training of never letting your teammates down once you start validating slacking off with excuses your THROUGH.

YOU TRAIN FOR YOUR TEAM NEVER FIR YOURSELF EVER.

We do nothing of a sort this team is ALL ME FULL IF SELFISH PRIDE.

We need to play this Bowl game and get DESTROYED to finish the crash of pride only then can we RISE .

Winners know this others scratch they heads that’s why there’s winners and losers.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back