Finally getting Pope the ball in space

He had 2 catches for 30 yards, dropped one of Kosi’s best passes, and missed the block that would’ve freed up Brevin Jordan to score on the TE screen in the 4th quarter. Am I missing something?

Nah, that ain't on Pope. Brevin got tackled from behind because he wasnt running full speed.

Advertisement
This “Pope doesn’t know the playbook” **** is the rantings of CIS parakeets who heard an alleged insider say it last year. They’ll keep yapping that stupid **** while he’s making plays in the nfl.

Pope is an honor roll kid. He’s smart enough to know this lame playbook.

He said it himself lol

Yep, he had 3 catches (one of which was a shovel pass) and one maybe two drops. Brutal on my over 3.5 catches bet. Most concerningly though, he just plain wasnt out there for long stretches in the second half. I had my eye on him all night for that reason and many times couldnt find him. At one point I figured he had to be injured, but then he was back out there late in the 4th, though not in the final few plays. Really dont know, man. He started off with two quick grabs though and then that bullet that got tipped and hit him in the chest in the endzone. Super active early, just like I thought he'd be with perry. Then just went ghost. Staff seemed to lean on other guys at his spot last night.

I suspected he was injured or that may have been the case again. I started to get soured on his inconsistency when he dropped the ball that hit him in both hands in the ACC title, that would have given us great field position before it got out of hand, instead the shanked punt and the rout. He was our go-to guy and didn't make the play.

Watched him half *** a ball last year from Rosier and read the excuses; QBs (3 now), scheme, etc. Still was pulling for him to dominate one (Like the LSU and Florida receivers last night). Then the quit.

What should have been his redemption game in week zero ended up being a disaster. Last week I hoped it was a sign. Big time players show up in big time games. Still waiting and hopeful he starts playing up to his former billing, because as people are showing he's moving the wrong way on the list, and he has too much ability to be that far down.

Advertisement
Nah, that ain't on Pope. Brevin got tackled from behind because he wasnt running full speed.

I'm not sure how fast you think Brevin is, but he can't run much faster than he was running on that play. If Pope makes that block like he's supposed to, Brevin scores easily.

Pope was 5 yards ahead of #29 and still whiffed on the block. That was soft as ****.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.20.17 PM.png

I'm not sure how fast you think Brevin is, but he can't run much faster than he was running on that play. If Pope makes that block like he's supposed to, Brevin scores easily.

Pope was 5 yards ahead of #29 and still whiffed on the block. That was soft as ****.

View attachment 99322
They would have undoubtedly called block in the back on us. If anything pope should have tried to get in front of #29

They would have undoubtedly called block in the back on us. If anything pope should have tried to get in front of #29

I've heard that excuse for Pope not making that block on #29, then don't block him in the back. Simple as that! Pope has to cut off #29 no excuses.

I heard from the ***** on here who hate all of our players who don’t win the Heisman in their first game that Pope sucks and is overrated.
I don’t know that he sucks but who the **** would argue that he hasn’t been overrated? He looks like an ok WR at best. Could’ve made that catch and didn’t, got caught which he’s not supposed given all the speed we read about..., so yea hes been overrated

Advertisement
None of the WRs have been imposing or dynamic after the catch. This is where we are missing Ezzard who had some Deebo Samuel to his game. Payton hasn't gotten a look but he was impressive after the catch in HS...I guess he regressed since arriving like the rest of the group.

Needing to hit K.J. Osborn when he's open by 5+ yards wayyyy downfield should actually be a bigger priority than targeting Pope more- a kid that has shown zero consistency in actually holding onto balls that are completely catchable.

But but but he was a 5 star, right?
If I got only one pass to make, it’s going to Osborne

Advertisement
None of the WRs have been imposing or dynamic after the catch. This is where we are missing Ezzard who had some Deebo Samuel to his game. Payton hasn't gotten a look but he was impressive after the catch in HS...I guess he regressed since arriving like the rest of the group.
Lol here we go. The guy that’s not here is better than what we have.

Advertisement
Geez what a concept that the guy is just faster and more elusive than anything a defense can put on him.

Maybe try getting the 5 star WR the ball more? It seems to work.

Dude dropped a easy catch. That would have been a huge gain, maybe the reason why he doesn't play as much as you think he should is because of his hands.

He said it himself lol
Dumb asses of CIS, pay attention to what is being discussed prior to trying to have your gotcha moment. The guy I was responding to said Pope doesn’t know the playbook. He was using present tense. We are discussing Pope right now, not Pope last year. Understand?

I don’t know that he sucks but who the **** would argue that he hasn’t been overrated? He looks like an ok WR at best. Could’ve made that catch and didn’t, got caught which he’s not supposed given all the speed we read about..., so yea hes been overrated
Everyone thinks you suck, and you’re still overrated.

Advertisement
Back