Finally getting Pope the ball in space

And that’s what they’re doing. Gee, you think the defense might pick up on that ?! Lol. Think, people.

sorry dude but you have to make pope succeed, he is a south dade superstar, that area is loaded with talent, he has to shine,

Advertisement
He had 2 catches for 30 yards, dropped one of Kosi’s best passes, and missed the block that would’ve freed up Brevin Jordan to score on the TE screen in the 4th quarter. Am I missing something?

He had 2 catches for 30 yards, dropped one of Kosi’s best passes, and missed the block that would’ve freed up Brevin Jordan to score on the TE screen in the 4th quarter. Am I missing something?
Didn’t he make a 24 yard catch and run on that final drive to put us up 17-9 in the closing minutes of the game? That’s a big time play for me

No I see it as a oline problem..yes we have talent on the outside. But they need time too win too..the oline has to block in zone read keepers btw..matter of fact give me one offensive design for a explosive play were good oline play isn’t needed

When we get deep play opportunities, we don’t convert enough.

When Perry doesn’t have to dodge a defender, he is surprised and it throws of his rhythm.

Deep passes are low percentage throws our team is still not in sync enough to hit.

Enos’ lame short game is causing to miss yards and points. The stop route was open ALL NIGHT.

Teams are trying to take away the rpo slant and the deep passes because our speed is dangerous.

We need more curls and drags/crosses to combat this.

One and three step drop need less quality o line play. If you throw quick, the defenders can’t get there and slow down to try and get swats.

We should uses more te help for Zion and tell Perry to run if the short routes are not open quick because he doesn’t usually get a good pocket.

Won’t be Oklahoma, but will be better than 17 points.

... and he actually comes down with it. That was a big drop last night, and one of the few really gorgeous balls Perry threw.

But yeah, thought Mark had a very solid game. Loved seeing him open the engine up on that one he almost broke down the sideline. He seemed very locked in last night. It was good to see. Feed the kid!

Still trying to figure out how N'Kosi overthrew both Pope and Harley. Didn't think it was possible.

Advertisement

When Perry doesn’t have to dodge a defender, he is surprised and it throws of his rhythm.

Deep passes are low percentage throws our team is still not in sync enough to hit.

Enos’ lame short game is causing to miss yards and points. The stop route was open ALL NIGHT.

Teams are trying to take away the rpo slant and the deep passes because our speed is dangerous.

One and three step drop need less quality o line play. If you throw quick, the defenders can’t get there and slow down to try and get swats.

We should uses more te help for Zion and tell Perry to run if the short routes are not open quick because he doesn’t usually get a good pocket.

Bro..u should consider being a OC

Didn’t he make a 24 yard catch and run on that final drive to put us up 17-9 in the closing minutes of the game? That’s a big time play for me

Decent play, but does that warrant him being one of our top targets as some are mentioning here? He’s a former 5-star that beat a former 2-star in single coverage and then was caught from behind by another former 2-star. I just don’t see the explosive playmaker that he’s been touted to be.

Decent play, but does that warrant him being one of our top targets as some are mentioning here? He’s a former 5-star that beat a former 2-star in single coverage and then was caught from behind by another former 2-star. I just don’t see the explosive playmaker that he’s been touted to be.
I’ve seen it clearly in his limited opportunities this year.

Advertisement
I thought Thomas was as low as 4th maybe 5th before last week's game, but was hoepful he'd show up.

I was at a high school game last night and was able to slip away and catch the second half, didn't see much from Thomas, saw on stats he had 3 for 14 yards was he injured or did I miss it, I was catching up on some drinking?
Yep, he had 3 catches (one of which was a shovel pass) and one maybe two drops. Brutal on my over 3.5 catches bet. Most concerningly though, he just plain wasnt out there for long stretches in the second half. I had my eye on him all night for that reason and many times couldnt find him. At one point I figured he had to be injured, but then he was back out there late in the 4th, though not in the final few plays. Really dont know, man. He started off with two quick grabs though and then that bullet that got tipped and hit him in the chest in the endzone. Super active early, just like I thought he'd be with perry. Then just went ghost. Staff seemed to lean on other guys at his spot last night.

Yep, he had 3 catches (one of which was a shovel pass) and one maybe two drops. Brutal on my over 3.5 catches bet. Most concerningly though, he just plain wasnt out there for long stretches in the second half. I had my eye on him all night for that reason and many times couldnt find him. At one point I figured he had to be injured, but then he was back out there late in the 4th, though not in the final few plays. Really dont know, man. He started off with two quick grabs though and then that bullet that got tipped and hit him in the chest in the endzone. Super active early, just like I thought he'd be with perry. Then just went ghost. Staff seemed to lean on other guys at his spot last night.
Maybe they are showing confidence in other young receivers late in the game which is good for those guys to get meaningful minutes and reps.

Advertisement

Does Jarren have enough arm to complete those curls? When he played against VTech they were squatting on routes daring us to throw deep.

Why is it only Miami has the problem. Freshman all over the country come in and learn playbooks, yet Miami has this magical playbook that takes 3 years to learn. I dont believe it
"The magical playbook that takes 3 years to learn" LOL! ever since whipple brought his giant tome of plays over, that has seemed to be the case.

Advertisement
Maybe but he's still inconsistent. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the rotation but I'd feel more comfortable with someone else in that situation. The problem is, no one other than Brevin or Osborn has stepped up.

Maybe I'm crazy, but He should have housed that ball on the last drive, no reason to let a diving tackle from behind stop him. He dropped a nice pass all alone too, but made a couple of plays on the 4Q, he was open for a second on the Perry TD also.
He is definetly improving, which is great, but has a long way to go before becoming some sort of focal point.

Not buying Pope is better than thomas right now. Ppl on CIS have the memory span of a hamster.

Jeff thomas has made some insane catches during his time at the U and when he actually gets the targets he’s been consistent. Unfortunately we haven’t committed to a and a scheme to get him the ball consistently.

Pope is really good and is going to be a beast really
Soon too. But let’s not crown him just yet.

Advertisement
Back