Finally getting Pope the ball in space

Why is it only Miami has the problem. Freshman all over the country come in and learn playbooks, yet Miami has this magical playbook that takes 3 years to learn. I dont believe it
This “Pope doesn’t know the playbook” **** is the rantings of CIS parakeets who heard an alleged insider say it last year. They’ll keep yapping that stupid **** while he’s making plays in the nfl.

Pope is an honor roll kid. He’s smart enough to know this lame playbook.

Advertisement
Not buying Pope is better than thomas right now. Ppl on CIS have the memory span of a hamster.

Jeff thomas has made some insane catches during his time at the U and when he actually gets the targets he’s been consistent. Unfortunately we haven’t committed to a and a scheme to get him the ball consistently.

Pope is really good and is going to be a beast really
Soon too. But let’s not crown him just yet.
Pope doesn’t have to be better than Thomas. They are both phenomenal talents and should be on the field together at times.

I like Pope, but man I don’t see 5 star talent. Maybe that toe injury is still there. But you never saw Santana get tripped on the sideline with the end zone In sight. If you are an elite player you are going to make elite plays. So far his only TD is off a tipped ball.

I like Pope, but man I don’t see 5 star talent. Maybe that toe injury is still there. But you never saw Santana get tripped on the sideline with the end zone In sight. If you are an elite player you are going to make elite plays. So far his only TD is off a tipped ball.
I’ve seen Santana get tripped up..it happened to Andre Johnson too..he’s in good company 🤷🏾‍♂️

This “Pope doesn’t know the playbook” **** is the rantings of CIS parakeets who heard an alleged insider say it last year. They’ll keep yapping that stupid **** while he’s making plays in the nfl.

There's a difference between book knowledge and football IQ As of now, he's needs to be more consistent when he gets his opportunities. If so, his reps will increase.

Advertisement
How would fix the oline?

Recruiting.

But seriously, I would work around it and help them more.

I would run more trips left with two of the routes breaking short and fast. That way, Perry can see if Zion is beat and he doesn’t have to wait for a man to potentially come open. If nothing is there short, either run or check down to the back in about 2 -2.5 seconds. I would take the deeper routes off the table early and focus on getting rhythm and manageable 2nd downs.

I would use curls, slants, and a deeper route in various combinations to combat the off coverage. Get the plays in faster so the qb has enough time to read the corner and make a sight adjustment if needed.

If they go press man, crossing routes. If it’s zone, I have a 3on 2 advantage unless they are Tampa 2 or cover 6 with an extra dB. In that case, go max protect and attack the sweet spot of cover 2.

There is much, much more I would do, but that would end up being a novel.

The thing is, I would go in knowing that we have less (sometimes WAY LESS) than 3 seconds to get the ball out.

I would use Brevin and Mallory as slots sometimes in 11 personnel with Mallory the slot because his blocking sucks.

I would run more plays than I like to with 3 receivers and both the inline te and rb blocking in pass protection. I would use the rb as a receiver more because I don’t want him blocking a defensive lineman who has a full head of steam. Those plays end in disaster. Help Zion at the snap with te end and get rid of the ball quick.

Enos kills promising drives because he won’t accept who we ACTUALLY are. He moves the ball 20 or 30 yards with shotgun and we get a rhythm.

Then he randomly tries to sneak in a slow *** under center playaction and leaves Zion on an island knowing FULL GOT **** WELL what the out come wil be.

Zion gets beat, qb back gets sacked. It’s 2nd and 16 and the drive ends in a punt or worse.

COMPLETE AND UTTER MADNESS.

We don’t get zero yards and zero points. We do things that work. If we accept who we are and throw out the bull**** that DOES NOT WORK, we will get many more points, more yards, and the team’s confidence will grow, improving execution as we move forward to better oline recruiting, development, and just natural growth for young players.

Maybe I'm crazy, but He should have housed that ball on the last drive, no reason to let a diving tackle from behind stop him. He dropped a nice pass all alone too, but made a couple of plays on the 4Q, he was open for a second on the Perry TD also.
He is definetly improving, which is great, but has a long way to go before becoming some sort of focal point.
He should have high stepped and probably would have scored there

All our guys get randomly tripped up.

It is result of the loser funk hanging over the program.

Roman calls it “horse bit”.

I have seen it first hand and it comes from a lack of rhythm and confidence.

It’s a synergistic phenomenon that follows poor coaching.

You always “almost” had a big play, even though you got playmakers all over the field. You are always just a little bit off.

Pass dropped, missed block, overthrown open receiver, falling with green grass ahead of you. It’s the law of vibration on display for the world to see and exposes the fear in the hearts of head coaches everywhere.

All our guys get randomly tripped up.

It is result of the loser funk hanging over the program.

Roman calls it “horse bit”.

I have seen it first hand and it comes from a lack of rhythm and confidence.

It’s a synergistic phenomenon that follows poor coaching.

You always “almost” had a big play, even though you got playmakers all over the field. You are always just a little bit off.

Pass dropped, missed block, overthrown open receiver, falling with green grass ahead of you. It’s the law of vibration on display for the world to see and exposes the fear in the hearts of head coaches everywhere.

Certainly hope this post was mostly hyperbole. You either want it or don’t. Deejay Dallas is coached by this same coaching staff and you don’t see him going down when someone touches his shoe. Elite players make elite plays no matter who coaches them. I have not seen anything from Pope to tell me he is 5 star elite. Not a knock on him, I just think he had an embellished recruiting ranking.

Advertisement
There's a difference between book knowledge and football IQ As of now, he's needs to be more consistent when he gets his opportunities. If so, his reps will increase.
Shut the fck up with this fake 1960s Bear Bryant ****. He’s doing everything he’s supposed to do, and he’s starting to stand out when he gets reps.

Certainly hope this post was mostly hyperbole. You either want it or don’t. Deejay Dallas is coached by this same coaching staff and you don’t see him going down when someone touches his shoe. Elite players make elite plays no matter who coaches them. I have not seen anything from Pope to tell me he is 5 star elite. Not a knock on him, I just think he had an embellished recruiting ranking.

Deejay is a junior.

The 3rd year is when most ballers really hit their stride.

He didn’t look the way he looks now as a sophomore. 90% of the board wanted him benched for Cam in the offseason. I saw through that bullshyt.

You can’t compare him to Pope. All our players are just on the verge except Jordan( the NUMBER 1 player at his position) and Deejay.

He will look the part as a junior as well if we start hitting deep routes.

My post was spot on, no hyperbole. Most people have never experienced the difference between a championship coach and a perpetrating beta phony in over his head in back to back seasons with similar, if not superior talent levels.

The players play and coaches coach contention is nonsense. When TEAMS underperform their talent across the board, the problem is obvious to anyone who will admit it.

Love seeing Pope getting utilized more and developing. He had a horrendous drop though. Pope was my favorite WR commit out of the 4 we signed that year, but saying he's better than Thomas is premature. Would love to get Pope 5 catches a game but we barely see Thomas get that on a consistent basis. I will say Thomas and Popes number get called more with Perry under center. Bevin is gonna eat regardless who's QB.

Advertisement

This. I ripped Pope a new one last year for being small, weak, and overrated. Glad he is stepping up and starting to make plays but he's still overrated by this board

Based on his college play, who the **** would guess he was a 5 star? Looks like a 3 star, low 4 star at BEST.

Advertisement
Shut the fck up with this fake 1960s Bear Bryant ****. He’s doing everything he’s supposed to do, and he’s starting to stand out when he gets reps.
Dumbest sh&t ever. Pope has gotten fewer touches than Harvey Fierstein at ****** fest. Lately when he’s gotten the ball hes used his ability to make plays. I hate when we go under center with this offensive line. Until we used what they were giving us and threw to Pope and let him beat ONE guy.

More Pope, less Harley please.
Nothing wrong with Harley. Why knock this guy? Imagine we utilize all of this talent. You guys all amaze me. Busting on a super talented kid for a kid who made one play.

An intelligent response. Since when is playing smart fake 60's ****. It's the primary reason we've lost 3 games (doing dumb ****).

As far as Pope, he's made one play. So now he's among the best. You set the bar miserably low. He needs to be more consistent before anyone considers him a "stand out".

Actually it was Pope who said it

Advertisement
Back