Feely on the Quarterbacks

Advertisement
Anyone else see the post on TOS with Feely talking about the quarterbacks? Here are some of the quotes that stood out to me.

[Perry]

“N’Kosi works when he’s in here.

[Williams]

“He went up 20 pounds on his squat, showed good effort on his part. Our quarterbacks as a group are pretty good workers.”

[Martell]

“He’s pretty darn close, he really is. He has good lower body power, good agility. He’s a really good person. I tell you what, he’ll run extra runs with the linemen.”

this. ….. and that.

Advertisement
Agreed, that's a dumb rationale. So, you wouldn't want the best QB to start because the lower producing QBs may leave? Lulz

seriously. I don't know what people are thinking sometimes.

and Matocha is already on campus, and now TVD is in the fold, plus Tate is only a sophomore, …. so, if the lesser of N'Kosi or Williams leaves, it's not a huge problem like it was 6 months ago.

Agreed, that's a dumb rationale. So, you wouldn't want the best QB to start because the lower producing QBs may leave? Lulz

I don't believe either QB produces a clear, evident advantage over the others. I believe all three to be flawed. However, from this group of three very talented options, my belief is that we will find ONE guy that can make it happen. Only problem is we may not know who the BEST option is by the end of this summer or even the end of this year.

To clarify:

Tate doesn't work well from under center. The strength of Enos' offense is the use of multiple formations, motions, and power runs mixed with PA passing. Tate limits the use of these features. IMO, this balances out against any advantage that we gain from his ability to move around and make off-schedule plays. Tate is a guy that could come in and give us a Johnny/Baker/Kyler type guy and season or he could come in and put the ball on the turf and throw to the opposition trying to make a play. He's a gun-slinger and ****y ****** I like that in my QBs, but this season is too important and our team is too fragile for a Boom-Bust guy, IMO.

Jarren provides the most upside, IMO, after '19 because of what he can do in all facets and the fact that a QB who throws a catchable ball that leads the receiver is worth his weight in gold. I feel from reports that he was the most advanced in that area this spring. The fact that he experienced growing pains as a RS Freshman during his first spring (if it's his second, please correct me) on campus does not surprise me, nor does it dissuade me. Kid can play. But he's young and is going to have negative moments and I've never seen him in crunch time.

N'Kosi to me is a guy that is bothered too much by the moment. I've seen the look in his eye that the situation and the moment was getting to him. I do not want that in my starting QB. The fact that he has a strong arm and moves well is nice. The fact that when he locks in and puts it all together, he can be a highly productive QB is nice. I want to trust him, but I don't. Off-the-field he made plenty of mistakes last year. I'm hopeful that he's over those and can be a model citizen throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, because of the internet mistakes are forever.. and past performance is the best indicator of future success. So again, I don't trust him.

So, to recap, I think any of the three could wind up being a great QB. But the law of percentages says that keeping all three QBs on the roster and continuing to bring in talented arms is our best chance to reach a championship level.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion for you and anyone else that took issue with the "dumbness" of my prior post.

That's why I f*ck with OGH. He gets that this is the internet and doesn't get butt hurt over a different opinion.

Mr. Index finger typer is another story lmao imagine how upset he was while typing this and getting no reply
View attachment 89220View attachment 89221View attachment 89222View attachment 89223
Oh you wanna hit people with garbage cans? 🤣

Advertisement
I don't believe either QB produces a clear, evident advantage over the others. I believe all three to be flawed. However, from this group of three very talented options, my belief is that we will find ONE guy that can make it happen. Only problem is we may not know who the BEST option is by the end of this summer or even the end of this year.

To clarify:

Tate doesn't work well from under center. The strength of Enos' offense is the use of multiple formations, motions, and power runs mixed with PA passing. Tate limits the use of these features. IMO, this balances out against any advantage that we gain from his ability to move around and make off-schedule plays. Tate is a guy that could come in and give us a Johnny/Baker/Kyler type guy and season or he could come in and put the ball on the turf and throw to the opposition trying to make a play. He's a gun-slinger and ****y ****** I like that in my QBs, but this season is too important and our team is too fragile for a Boom-Bust guy, IMO.

Jarren provides the most upside, IMO, after '19 because of what he can do in all facets and the fact that a QB who throws a catchable ball that leads the receiver is worth his weight in gold. I feel from reports that he was the most advanced in that area this spring. The fact that he experienced growing pains as a RS Freshman during his first spring (if it's his second, please correct me) on campus does not surprise me, nor does it dissuade me. Kid can play. But he's young and is going to have negative moments and I've never seen him in crunch time.

N'Kosi to me is a guy that is bothered too much by the moment. I've seen the look in his eye that the situation and the moment was getting to him. I do not want that in my starting QB. The fact that he has a strong arm and moves well is nice. The fact that when he locks in and puts it all together, he can be a highly productive QB is nice. I want to trust him, but I don't. Off-the-field he made plenty of mistakes last year. I'm hopeful that he's over those and can be a model citizen throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, because of the internet mistakes are forever.. and past performance is the best indicator of future success. So again, I don't trust him.

So, to recap, I think any of the three could wind up being a great QB. But the law of percentages says that keeping all three QBs on the roster and continuing to bring in talented arms is our best chance to reach a championship level.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion for you and anyone else that took issue with the "dumbness" of my prior post.
I understand your points with all of them, though I believe Tate will learn pretty easily to play under center and even if not, you can still run every play the same from the gun, including play action. I also believe Kosi can definitely mature but I don't see anything in all that to explain why they'd leave. To clarify my position, I want all of them to stay and continue to learn, you can't put a valve on quality backups, especially in today's atmosphere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think most people are missing the point about the comments on Tate. It’s not the fact that he’s a workout warrior, benching and sqauting the most. But he’s there’s working for his team, running and suffering alongside the linemen. You need to be with your team to build confidence and leadership

And dudes didn't even post full statements. Dudes took that little piece just to try and shît on the guy. This what he said about perry.

Asked about N’Kosi Perry, Feeley said “He’s certainly got his talents. He really does. You can see when he runs around the field, he’s pretty athletic."

His strength levels?

“They’re pretty good,” Feeley said. “N’Kosi works when he’s in here.”

Feeley also said Perry’s body weight is in a good spot.

“He’s pretty good across the board, moving in the right direction,” Feeley said.

That is the reason I am rooting for Kosi to win out.

Tates parents are wealthy, he pulls girls, etc.

Jarrens dad is middle class and is very involved in his kids life. Seems like the type of guy thats going to let Jarren live in his house after college until he can get a job. I bet his dad also gives him a hand applying for jobs and everything.

Kosi didn't come from money. His dad isn't going to be a huge asset to him in the real world. Isn't exactly gifted in the looks department(IE. Giant teeth).

He needs football more than any of them.

He’s getting an education at a very good school so if football doesn’t work out, ou know which it probably wont regardless if he starts, there’s no excuse for him

But I get your point and I sympathize

Advertisement
Back