Feely on the Quarterbacks

Advertisement
I know how this sounds -- and I apologize -- but I'm ready for a white QB.

Marve, Harris, Morris, Kaaya, Rosier, Perry....that'll be quite enough.

Fact: all of our great QBs have been white

Yeah, I miss the days of Testaverde stinking up the joint in the 86' & 87' Sugar & Fiesta Bowls, Freeman going 1-14, & Kyle Wright going 5-7 including losing 47-0 in our last game at the OB...those were the days!!!

I understand your points with all of them, though I believe Tate will learn pretty easily to play under center and even if not, you can still run every play the same from the gun, including play action. I also believe Kosi can definitely mature but I don't see anything in all that to explain why they'd leave. To clarify my position, I want all of them to stay and continue to learn, you can't put a valve on quality backups, especially in today's atmosphere.

As to your first point about Tate, I disagree wholeheartedly. Playing from under center is much different than playing from the gun and involves a ton of intricate footwork and movement that requires hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of practice to perfect. This will not happen easily and may not happen during his time here at UM. Secondly, the plays being run from the gun to accommodate Tate will limit the effectiveness of the PA sharply. Making a LB move downhill, versus making him shuffle side-to-side is a different beast. While PA from the gun remains advantageous, it is much easier to get the desired movement out of the LB and secondary with an old-school, I-Formation, power-run game base.

Lastly, regarding "today's atmosphere", these kids aren't going to sit around and wait if they feel they can go somewhere else and play right away. Tate just moved, he's less likely to move again right away. Kosi and Jarren could bolt if either feels he has no shot before the end of the summer.

Just my feels, though.

From those quotes it sounds like Martel is the furthest behind when it comes to strength and conditioning... He’s bringing up how good of a person he is sounds like he just wants to say something that’s nice about him lol.

It sounds like NKosi is the one in front of the pack imo

You really do see what and hear what you want to see. That read to most normal people that Kosi needs to get his *** in the gym more, but works when he's there. Also leads me to believe Tate is building that relationship with the guys up front and is willing to put in extra work with those guys.

Yeah, I miss the days of Testaverde stinking up the joint in the 86' & 87' Sugar & Fiesta Bowls, Freeman going 1-14, & Kyle Wright going 5-7 including losing 47-0 in our last game at the OB...those were the days!!!

Well that's your plight but it doesn't change the fact that it's been over 10 years since we had a white starting QB.

I'm not even sure that Martell is any good. Just ready for something new.

Advertisement
As to your first point about Tate, I disagree wholeheartedly. Playing from under center is much different than playing from the gun and involves a ton of intricate footwork and movement that requires hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of practice to perfect. This will not happen easily and may not happen during his time here at UM. Secondly, the plays being run from the gun to accommodate Tate will limit the effectiveness of the PA sharply. Making a LB move downhill, versus making him shuffle side-to-side is a different beast. While PA from the gun remains advantageous, it is much easier to get the desired movement out of the LB and secondary with an old-school, I-Formation, power-run game base.

Lastly, regarding "today's atmosphere", these kids aren't going to sit around and wait if they feel they can go somewhere else and play right away. Tate just moved, he's less likely to move again right away. Kosi and Jarren could bolt if either feels he has no shot before the end of the summer.

Just my feels, though.
It's no different than faking it to the RB beside you or even in motion while in the gun and can be even more effective with a QB like Tate. Enos already said he'd tailor the offense to the best QB and you saw the difference immediately when he put Tate in the gun during the scrimmage.
Also he has elite footwork, he can learn from under center fast and definitely before he leaves Miami. LOL

Agreed, very smart and natural leader.

No offense, but you actually don’t know this. I understand you think he has those attributes, but you’re just guessing. Someone else can take the same information and optics, and come to a very different conclusion.

He may very well be a good leader, but we’re not gonna know unless he’s playing. Or if he shows us attributes from the bench. We will see what kind of leader he is in the future. Of that I am sure. One way or the other.

No offense, but you actually Donk know this. I understand you think he has those attributes, but you’re just guessing. Someone else can take the same information and optics, and come to a very different conclusion.
No, I'm not. Feeley was quoted saying he was staying late and running with the OL. That's extremely smart and indicates a natural leader that those lineman will want to block for that much more.

Advertisement
No mention of Proctor? I mean he has been winning majority of the QB Weight Room Freak Of The Week. I’m shocked..

That's why I f*ck with OGH. He gets that this is the internet and doesn't get butt hurt over a different opinion.

Mr. Index finger typer is another story lmao imagine how upset he was while typing this and getting no reply
View attachment 89220View attachment 89221View attachment 89222View attachment 89223

I just figured you were busy jerkin it to the Martell fat head on your ceiling.

Also, what's with the index finger typing? Is that the latest insult all the kids are slinging?

No, I'm not. Feeley was quoted saying he was staying late and running with the OL. That's extremely smart and indicates a natural leader that those lineman will want to block for that much more.

Well, I hope it indicates he’s a great leader. I'm not rooting against him. I hope it’s true. It just doesn’t mean that much to me. I am a show me guy and I’m going tell you who the leader is in a few months. But not today because I don’t know.

I get some people are enthralled with him, but as of yet, he hasn’t done anything to prove to me he’s the guy. Neither have the other two QBs.

You know, I’m not one of them, but there are people that say he’s too image and social media obsessed, spends too much time on superficial things, is too dependent on mommy and daddy, rubs some teammates the wrong way, etc etc. Now I’m not sure I believe any of that either. But there are different views of these guys out there.

Well, I hope it indicates he’s a great leader. I'm not rooting against him. I hope it’s true. It just doesn’t mean that much to me. I am a show me guy and I’m going tell you who the leader is in a few months. But not today because I don’t know.

I get some people are enthralled with him, but as of yet, he hasn’t done anything to prove to me he’s the guy. Neither have the other two QBs.

You know, I’m not one of them, but there are people that say he’s too image and social media obsessed, spends too much time on superficial things, is too dependent on mommy and daddy, rubs some teammates the wrong way, etc etc. Now I’m not sure I believe any of that either. But there are different views of these guys out there.
And I wouldn't care about any of that (minus the team thing) I care about what he does on field. Just like with Kosi last year, if he was lighting it up and getting better, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Advertisement
If your qb is not a gym rat then that usually ain’t a good sign.

None of our QBs are Tim Tebow style guys so why does it matter? You really don’t even necessarily want your QB lifting a lot of weight. I just watched a toothpick carve up Bama in January

If you're a Cane fan that makes you a Kosi fan. Enough with this faction crap. Either you're a Cane or you're not.

I like what I have seen from Martel, but really, I don't care who starts, I want the wins. But I also want the wins to be solid wins. We all loved Malik "Magic Man" Rosier when he was getting us the W's.....but his play was erratic at best.

Advertisement
I know how this sounds -- and I apologize -- but I'm ready for a white QB.

Marve, Harris, Morris, Kaaya, Rosier, Perry....that'll be quite enough.

Fact: all of our great QBs have been white

fb73ec6b520993e98054c4e4ee73284dc3c08984120fd4725eb5acc55e8fca21.jpg

Advertisement
Back