Feely on the Quarterbacks

losing destabilizes the program. which is worse?

I meant to address this earlier and forgot.

Losing is a symptom. It's surface level. It's the thing that people from the outside can see that tells them that something internally is wrong.

When your QB room is unstable, when your team is bereft of talent, when your starter and his back ups are all sub-par, losing follows.

Yes, losing games will cause instability OVER TIME. As players watch you lose games, they lose interest and your roster gets depleted. I agree with you in this premise. But, the fact of the matter is that losing is still simply a symptom of the larger issues beneath the surface that people don't see.

I'll put it to you this way:

Have we sucked because we lost games in previous years?

Or, have we sucked because we haven't had enough high-performing players on the team?

If you say we lost players due to the fact that we lost games in previous years, I'd say that you're making my point. We improperly utilized our talent, then we lost talent after the younger players noticed we weren't winning.. which was a symptom of previous regimes sucking as coaches and talent evaluators.

The internal issues lead to the external symptoms that makes talented players stay the fûck away.

Advertisement
You swinging from his sack doesn’t change what I said and I highly doubt there’s any collegiate player who ISNT lifting weights but my point was who cares if the QB doesn’t live in the weight room? Has nothing to do with ability to read defenses and deliver accurate passes

This is a terrible take. Obviously, no one is saying we want a strong QB who can't read defenses and deliver accurate passes. That part is a given. In addition we want our players to actually be functional and durable. Your toothpick Lawrence claim is even more ridiculous. The guy is known as a gym rat among the posters on the Clemson forum.

Being a toothpick does not mean you aren't lifting often.

Look at this toothpick benching over 400 lbs

That is the reason I am rooting for Kosi to win out.

Tates parents are wealthy, he pulls girls, etc.

Jarrens dad is middle class and is very involved in his kids life. Seems like the type of guy thats going to let Jarren live in his house after college until he can get a job. I bet his dad also gives him a hand applying for jobs and everything.

Kosi didn't come from money. His dad isn't going to be a huge asset to him in the real world. Isn't exactly gifted in the looks department(IE. Giant teeth).

He needs football more than any of them.

Then he should appreciate the opportunity he has more than the rest and stop acting like such an @ss like he has.

I don't root for kids like that. I root for kids that go the extra mile.

Advertisement
Then he should appreciate the opportunity he has more than the rest and stop acting like such an @ss like he has.

their socio economic status shouldn't be a factor in why you wanna QB to win the job. i want the best QB to win. this is high level D1 football and not a charity. theyre all getting a college education with zero debt. the rest is up to them to display they deserve the starting job at UM.

On this one you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing to do with lifting heavy.
I don't know why people are thinking winning the weight room solely means u lifted the most weight lol winning the weight room is not taking any sets off and giving 110%.

Feeley isn't giving praise bc someone lifted the most weight. He's giving praise bc someone got in there and out worked everyone else.

And as far as running the extra laps, well, that speaks for itself. That's leadership. A vital characteristic of a QB.

What I took away from Feeley's quote was that one of the QBs has a better work ethic than the others.

You swinging from his sack doesn’t change what I said and I highly doubt there’s any collegiate player who ISNT lifting weights but my point was who cares if the QB doesn’t live in the weight room? Has nothing to do with ability to read defenses and deliver accurate passes
You're missing the whole point. It's not about who lifted the most weight. Feeley's words speak to the work ethic of our qbs.

This is a terrible take. Obviously, no one is saying we want a strong QB who can't read defenses and deliver accurate passes. That part is a given. In addition we want our players to actually be functional and durable. Your toothpick Lawrence claim is even more ridiculous. The guy is known as a gym rat among the posters on the Clemson forum.

Being a toothpick does not mean you aren't lifting often.

Look at this toothpick benching over 400 lbs

That is a real nice raw lift with a long *** pause.

Advertisement

That is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see a kid that is acting like a college student. I am not going to hold that against him.

Were you also rooting against Willis? Turns out he became one of the best players in the entire country. Not everyone grows up at the same age, I'm 60 and still struggling with it. lol

We haven't heard one bad thing about Kosi since the new staff came in. How about giving him a chance?

Advertisement
Were you also rooting against Willis? Turns out he became one of the best players in the entire country. Not everyone grows up at the same age, I'm 60 and still struggling with it. lol

We haven't heard one bad thing about Kosi since the new staff came in. How about giving him a chance?

Chances are earned, not given. I’m not in the locker room so I can’t see changes he may have made to this point so for me it will take more time and positive examples.

Advertisement
That is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see a kid that is acting like a college student. I am not going to hold that against him.

And you yours. I respect it. That said I don’t support many college kids and how they act. It’s not specific to football players or Kosi. Guys with this opportunity and under this microscope have to know better though or learn/adapt REAL quick.

Advertisement
Back