Feely on the Quarterbacks

This is why “declaring” for one QB is extremely stupid.

What you are reading above ... a devolved discussion seeing who can shlt the most on the other’s QB.

Here who my QB is. Whoever happens to be behind center for that particular game. Whether it’s the same guy all season..or different guys.

I’m a cane fan, first and foremost.

This fangirl worship is getting old.
But Tate had a puppy when he was eight and Kosi wasn't allowed to have one and Willams has never had to throw left handed off his back leg. If thats not enough reason for Enos to go back to the portal, I don't know what is.

Advertisement
This year's QB battle harkens back to the Ryan Collins/Ryan Clement/Scott Covington days of 1995.

Tate Martell is starring as Clement, N'Kosi plays the part of Ryan Collins, and Jarren Williams stars as Covington.

This is why “declaring” for one QB is extremely stupid.

What you are reading above ... a devolved discussion seeing who can shlt the most on the other’s QB.

Here who my QB is. Whoever happens to be behind center for that particular game. Whether it’s the same guy all season..or different guys.

I’m a cane fan, first and foremost.

This fangirl worship is getting old.
I agree, the problem is people constantly bash whatever player they don't want for whatever reason. I'm a Hurricane fan and will root for whichever player plays at whatever position, just like players rotate in all positions; because they all contribute to my team winning. It's just like the Butch threads, people cannot have good discussions about players strengths and weaknesses or how much they think they can help us, without always resorting to negativity. That always leads to other posters, adamantly defending who they like.
Anyway, I'm just excited to have a QB here with Tate's skills and damnit mane, we are due for a game changer at QB! I'll support whoever Enos plays and hope he develops packages and specific plays for Tate, if he doesn't start.
Let's go Canes!!

This year's QB battle harkens back to the Ryan Collins/Ryan Clement/Scott Covington days of 1995.

Tate Martell is starring as Clement, N'Kosi plays the part of Ryan Collins, and Jarren Williams stars as Covington.

At least they found a dude that sort of looks like Covington to play the part. Good job by the casting department.

Advertisement
Tate hopefuls say Tate’s floor is Johnny Manziel and his ceiling is VaTech Michael Vick.

The Miami fan hopes Tate can be as productive as Malik Rosier in 2017 (and secretly is rooting for him to be as good as Johnny Manziel).

The Kosi hopefuls acknowledge that the coaching wasn’t spectacular last year and would like to see him get a chance to prove he has it under a new coach.

Jarren hopefuls don't say too much but one can only assume that they are Miami fans.

Tate hopefuls hate on N’Kosi continuously. They critique everything he doesn’t do well and ignore what he does well.

If Kosi was in the weight room getting strong like Michael Vick (allegedly 🧐) then I’m sure we wouldn’t keep talking about the weight room. It would get glossed over (just like the Best QB or Most Improved QB award Kosi won in the Spring). If Tate would've won that award, photographs of it would get posted twice a day in different threads.

Tate hopefuls would be pitching in to fly banners for mods who refuse to pin the thread to the top of Eye in the Sky. There would be legitimate outrage because its not being discussed on the Stephen A. Smith Show or at the very least on Highly Questionable with Papi.

Threads with names like "Tate vs Tathan, Who is the Real QB1?" would pop up more frequently than Gus Felder insults and all the while porsters would start appearing out of the woodwork applauding aspects of the young protege's future yet to be seen but are inevitably destined because he won the QB award in the Spring. There would have been at least 9 threads discussing the trophy, Tate's accomplishments, and the probability that he wins the Heisman this year (and the year after this too).

I think we all like Tate and I’m certainly impressed to see that he’s working hard to take ownership of the team. I’m rooting for the young man to be great.

But I really think it’s difficult to find a QB more athletic than Kosi. He was being compared to Charlie Ward coming out. His issue(S) seemed to be between the ears and not with his physical ability. He was a smooth runner, fearless, had a cannon, could throw it deep, could fit it in tight windows. I would conjecture that last year and this Spring, he was transitioning from a raw backyard throw up tackle champion to a refined QB under good tutelage, allegedly.

I would like to hear that Jarren is in Fall Camp looking like Donovan McNabb while at Syracuse. That would give us Charlie Ward battling with McNabb and Johnny Manziel (or Micheal Vick). But still only one can start.

As usual, people making way too much over this weight room stuff for QBs. Sure I like my quarterbacks to have a strong core, strong lower body.

But as far as getting super musclebound up top, I don’t know of a single successful quarterback in college or the pros that spends a ton of time with that. In fact there’s a risk/benefit consideration with quarterbacks lifting especially upper body/arms. You don’t want to do it because of the risk of injury, repetitive injury or straining the throwing arm. I’m sure it’s a completely different type of upper body workout and not one where they have to bust a hump.

I’d much rather he be out throwing with the receivers, working on routes, on timing, and in the film room. Weight room training should be part of it, as well as conditioning. But quarterbacks have other things that they need to spend much more time on than other players.

By all accounts, Martell is doing that as well. Let's see if Enos can making something of this kid at the college level. I have no dog in this fight. Could care less about each kid's socio-economic background. They are all at Miami on a full-ride which includes tuition, room and board and stipend. One of the three is clearly going to emerge in August. Whomever it will be Miami should be at least competent offensively.

Last edited:
If Tate wins the job because he was the Best QB I won’t be upset if the other two transfer. The work ethic he is showing needs to be the expectation in the QB room Payton and Van Dyke will watch him and understand that’s what it takes to start here.

If Perry or Williams win the job I don’t have a problem with it. That means they beat out the guy who was brought in by the coaches. They earned it. I do hope Martell sticks around and continues to push the starter. He’s clearly a highly motivated kid.

I Feely that people are way too impatient and are glutens for controversy and drama. Typical forum behavior here...
Good that there's only 50 days till game day and what should be a formidable offense.

Advertisement
By all accounts, Martell is doing that as well. Let's see if Enos can making something of this kid at the college level. I have no dog in this fight. Could care less about each kid's socio-economic background. They are all at Miami on a full-ride which includes tuition, room and board and stipend. One of the three is clearly going to emerge in August. Whomever it will be Miami should be at least competent offensively.

I’m sure that Tate is doing everything he is supposed to be doing. I was just trying to balance things out. People here put too much into the tiniest details. And then it becomes a food fight over who your favorite quarterback is.

As far as emerging in August, I hope so.

But this season I’m throwing all my usual expectations out the window. It might even be close right up until the day they make the announcement. Who knows?

I have a feeling that it’s also possible that we may see a couple or three different quarterbacks this year. I’m not even counting out some back-and-forth. I’m not saying that would necessarily be a good thing. But I have a total blank slate as to what I’m foreseeing or expecting in the quarterback position ... it’s a mystery to me

1B525521-5C09-48DF-B12B-88432BE0B398.jpeg

Puke supporters have never missed a chance to defend their abusive lover

I’m sure that Tate is doing everything he is supposed to be doing. I was just trying to balance things out. People here put too much into the tiniest details. And then it becomes a food fight over who your favorite quarterback is.

As far as emerging in August, I hope so.

But this season I’m throwing all my usual expectations out the window. It might even be close right up until the day they make the announcement. Who knows?

I have a feeling that it’s also possible that we may see a couple or three different quarterbacks this year. I’m not even counting out some back-and-forth. I’m not saying that would necessarily be a good thing. But I have a total blank slate as to what I’m foreseeing or expecting in the quarterback position ... it’s a mystery to me

Fair enough.

Advertisement
DeeJay gonna be our QB!

Seriously - does anyone think for a moment that Feely is going to give UF even one extra minute of time to know which QB they're going to face?

**** no!

We don't know who our QB will be. UF sure doesn't know who our QB will be.

And that's the way I like it! I want to beat them like we beat Notre Dame.

Thoroughly. And decisively.
I might know....I'm asking my Old Testament Prophet to get on this......he's almost always right, but he's very slow. I should have word by October, November at the latest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back