Fan negativity - Ivins

The day Miami Fans are positive about 6-6 is the day this program is really dead.

Welcome to the real world of big league sports where fans demand excellence.

Bama fans are super negative and ****ed this year too the only difference is they 10 games.

not to mention, saban takes 15000 shots at their fans lol

Advertisement
The day Miami Fans are positive about 6-6 is the day this program is really dead.

Welcome to the real world of big league sports where fans demand excellence.

Bama fans are super negative and ****ed this year too the only difference is they 10 games.

Yep. It's called apathy. It means the end of anything that mattered to you for whatever mattered in the first place.

where do you connect those two? Trashy fans maybe. Just because you CAN say what you want on social media or on this board, doesn't mean you SHOULD. the problem is people having the common sense to distinguish between the two

Fans are entitled to their opinion and displeasure and also entitled to voice them. Thats what we are here for but Its a completely separate thing to ***** and moan the same silly lines in every thread over and over again like a husband whose wife abused him. I get it, Enos sucks, glad you guys enlightened me because I couldn't figure it out on my own.

And posting on a kids twitter... that's just sad. At a certain point, it becomes counterproductive and part of the problem. That's not even debatable, it's coming straight from the recruits. Half of you are part of the problem you complain about. Maybe a very small part but a part nonetheless. Grow a pair and carry on with your day you miserable saps, your way too fragile to be so invested in a team.

For those still struggling to understand the distinction between being ****ed about the state of our program and being idiots on social media to the detriment of our program, here is a case in point...

One of the recruits we'd most like to land tweets a very positive message about Miami. And here are responses from our fans on the recruit's own tweet:

"I stopped following recruiting last year, tired of getting my hopes up and getting sh-t on, then we have to scramble to get plan b players seen the same sh-t show 10 + years now, starting with that sorry as NW class in 08"
-CANESFAN121974

"I only hope I see it in the bowl game and that you playing quarterback I got news for you Manny I bought luggage for you for Christmas"
-normbeatty

I mean, WTF is the point of that?!? It's not about the criticism itself (which is warranted) it's about having some ******* common sense. As a gambling man, I'm all about probabilities. What's more likely: Those kind of responses on recruits own tweets are heard by people who have a hand in making changes to Miami's AD and staff and they're influenced by them (this is the implication of the "you slurpers are the problem by being ok with the state of things"-argument that is constantly spewed here to defend garbage like this), or that Washington reads the replies on his own tweet and is influenced by them? Obvious. Now, neither may happen, but one is highly likely and one is not even remotely likely.

That's the whole point being made on this thread and in Ivins' comments. Be ****ed, yes, but be smart about it. Posting sh-t like the above everywhere possible (especially AT the very recruits we hope to land) only hurts us, it doesn't help us in any way. And no matter how disgusted you are with the AD and staff, it won't change that last sentence I just wrote.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For those still struggling to grasp the distinction between the two, here is a case in point...

One of the recruits we'd most like to land tweets a very positive message about Miami. And here are responses from our fans on the recruit's own tweet:

"I stopped following recruiting last year, tired of getting my hopes up and getting **** on, then we have to scramble to get plan b players seen the same **** show 10 + years now, starting with that sorry as NW class in 08"
-CANESFAN121974

"I only hope I see it in the bowl game and that you playing quarterback I got news for you Manny I bought luggage for you for Christmas"
-normbeatty

I mean, WTF is the point of that?!? It's not about the criticism itself (which is warranted) it's about having some ******* common sense. As a gambling man, I'm all about probabilities. What's more likely: Those kind of responses on recruits own tweets like that are heard by people who have a hand in making changes to Miami's AD and staff and they're influenced by them, or that Washington reads the replies on his own tweet and is influenced by them? Obvious. Now, neither may happen, but one is highly likely and one is not even remotely likely.

That's the whole point. Be ****ed, yes, but be smart about it. Posting sh-t like the above everywhere possible only hurts us, it doesn't help us in any way. And no matter how disgusted your are with the AD and staff, it doesn't change that previous sentence.

It does change it. Stop enabling the staff by blaming the fans. Stop writing essays on why it hurts. Put the blame on the staff for sucking. The fans don't have to do anything. They are acting this way because of the staff (or in rare cases they are trolling) and team performance.

Bombard twitter. Let the recruits see the truth. 'Strategizing' with social media is the reason why we are a foundationless/turnover chain obsessed/empty program at the current stage.

This isn't some chicken-and-egg thing. This is a poor-performance-on-the field-leads-to-poor-fan-attitude thing.

I'm fcking tired of being told that my attitude is what's making Miami suck. I'm the symptom, not the disease.

We are all poor little victims of this terrible disease. Poor us, please feel sorry for us

I get fans being upset, but we act like we going to change things. They flew the banners and said fire al golden and five years later they listened. All them banners were a waste of money. And we should never tweet at recruits, how would you parents feel if some grown *** men were tweeting your 17-18 year old kid talking ****.

It does change it. Stop enabling the staff by blaming the fans. Stop writing essays on why it hurts. Put the blame on the staff for sucking. The fans don't have to do anything. They are acting this way because of the staff (or in rare cases they are trolling) and team performance.

Bombard twitter. Let the recruits see the truth. 'Strategizing' with social media is the reason why we are a foundationless/turnover chain obsessed/empty program at the current stage.
LOL Jesus christ. smh. Thank you for personifying my entire point in one short reply.

Advertisement
We've seen these same tired excuses for 15 years now under 5 different regimes. As if fan behavior is the only way recruits would notice how much of a trash heap this program is. Losing to Georgia Tech, FIU, and Duke (for the 2nd year in a row) has nothing to do with it.

giphy (1).gif

**** Ivins in both his ear holes

Ivins NEVER said Miami is the only place this happens. He was actually pretty restrained in what he said.

You have parents asking not to have visit pictures posted on social media by the board mods because fans can't use common sense and refrain from posting obnoxious comments about staff on them. It's really sad
I listened to the podcast. He mentioned Georgia and Tennessee fans aren’t doing what Miami fans do. That’s a lie.

Advertisement
It's the coaches fault. Manny and Enos catfished many of us with all the bull**** they spewed about the new "cutting edge" offense. Fans have the right to be ****ed off.

Advertisement
Around the 14 minute mark - Ivins starts mentioning how aware recruits are that fans are ****ed off.

Specifically mentions Washington, Francois, Robert, Van Dyke etc.

Would suck to miss out on some kids due to social media backlash, but at the same time don't shlt out #TNM nonsense for 8 months and then go 6-6 in the worst division of power5.

Let's see, further alienate the fan base by blaming them for daring to be unhappy with getting screwed over or perhaps do something to make them happy? Tough choices. We need players to win, we need fan in stands to win, we need real live good coaches to win. Hum, who is in position to do something about all those things.

Maybe if we complaint so much that no one frigging player in the world will accept a free ride, the school might decide we matter after all.

Advertisement
Back