Fan negativity - Ivins

Advertisement
I'm going to write this in spanish so recruits cant understand it but Manny will

Manny es un come pinga

For those still struggling to understand the distinction between being ****ed about the state of our program and being idiots on social media to the detriment of our program, here is a case in point...

One of the recruits we'd most like to land tweets a very positive message about Miami. And here are responses from our fans on the recruit's own tweet:

"I stopped following recruiting last year, tired of getting my hopes up and getting sh-t on, then we have to scramble to get plan b players seen the same **** show 10 + years now, starting with that sorry as NW class in 08"
-CANESFAN121974

"I only hope I see it in the bowl game and that you playing quarterback I got news for you Manny I bought luggage for you for Christmas"
-normbeatty

I mean, WTF is the point of that?!? It's not about the criticism itself (which is warranted) it's about having some ******* common sense. As a gambling man, I'm all about probabilities. What's more likely: Those kind of responses on recruits own tweets are heard by people who have a hand in making changes to Miami's AD and staff and they're influenced by them (this is the implication of the "you slurpers are the problem by being ok with the state of things"-argument that is constantly spewed here to defend garbage like this), or that Washington reads the replies on his own tweet and is influenced by them? Obvious. Now, neither may happen, but one is highly likely and one is not even remotely likely.

That's the whole point being made on this thread and in Ivins' comments. Be ****ed, yes, but be smart about it. Posting sh-t like the above everywhere possible (especially AT the very recruits we hope to land) only hurts us, it doesn't help us in any way. And no matter how disgusted you are with the AD and staff, it won't change that previous sentence.

I honestly don’t know how to separate a troll from a fan anymore. Going on social media to tell recruits that nonsense is idiot and explains the stupidity which is this fanbase.

Elijahs mom told ivins to not even even report their coaches visit because of the retards and their responses.

Advertisement
With 4 recruiting classes comprised of 3* JAGS from south florida you should do better than 6-6 in the ACCCD. Landing top recruits is about 14th on the list of problems with this football program.

I'm so **** tired of hearing this ****. None of these guys like Ivins know what this fanbase has went through. From the greatest dynasty of all time to one of the worst power 5 programs in the country over last 15 years. None of these guys have any right to talk about negativity unless they were born and raised a cane like all of us. We have been let down time and time again by everyone that touches the program, we deserve the right to express our displeasure in any way we please. We earned that right enduring through all of this. Shame on these kids for still deciding to come here after seeing how toxic our fan base is. HATE TO TELL YOU ALL THIS: THE MOPES HAVE BEEN RIGHT FOR 15 YEARS NOW AND IT'S NOT STOPPING

Advertisement
Around the 14 minute mark - Ivins starts mentioning how aware recruits are that fans are ****ed off.

Specifically mentions Washington, Francois, Robert, Van Dyke etc.

Would suck to miss out on some kids due to social media backlash, but at the same time don't shlt out #TNM nonsense for 8 months and then go 6-6 in the worst division of power5.

Absolutely worse fanbase in sports. Majority are dumb as ***c and dont know **** about much but how to ***c things up

Advertisement
It definitely hurts. Those recruits and a couple of others have said so this class. Cant go on twitter and bash the school in THEIR comment session and expect them to not feel some type of way. If the fans dont protect and love their school why should any recruit? The UM account cant post anything anymore without 100 ugly *** fat dudes commenting to fire everyone. Kids take notice and honestly this has gone on for a while.

Yeah I agree that stuff has no business being directed to the recruits' accounts. Even if you're replying to a reply on a tweet it's not hard to uncheck the original account.

But UM fans have every right to be vocal on social media in their own spaces.

If you have a chinstrap beard, you should be barred from social media.

We call them neckbeards in the gaming community. Once you smell them you know who they are.

No. It's not the truth. Ultimately the problem is with this trashy coaching staff and enablers like your comments which reinforce this garbage (see Ivins) and make the recruits see an issue where they should be looking at the staff.

Count me as an enabler then! The fan negativity is a real problem, as many recruits have pointed out. All coaches struggle from time-to-time, especially early on, and that is not unique to UM. But our fanbase's constant negativity has been singled out many times by recruits.

Heck, Nebraska is stealing our commits - and they went 5-7 this year!

So us enablers will happily keep enabling. If that bothers you, well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...The misery of the trashiest elements of this fanbase - strongly over-represented on CIS - is the one silver lining whenever this program struggles.

If a kid (or young adult) needs some **** on twitter to tell them that this program is in shambles then their obviously soft in the head.
They want to be great and so do the fans. An indifferent fan base is not what we need

Advertisement
I completely agree that you shouldn’t be in recruits mentions bashing the program, but Manny has only been bringing this on himself. Maybe if he came out after the embarrassment of a season we just had and was up front about it and said changes need to be made and it’s unacceptable. Maybe if he fired Enos already instead of sitting on his *** not doing anything while half the country is making moves, maybe just maybe the fans might be a little more optimistic. Oh yea and the dumbass staff sending out cryptic tweets and memes like if we’re a great team right now. So Manny take your head out you *** and do something because the fans are tired of this already

It definitely hurts. Those recruits and a couple of others have said so this class. Cant go on twitter and bash the school in THEIR comment session and expect them to not feel some type of way. If the fans dont protect and love their school why should any recruit? The UM account cant post anything anymore without 100 ugly *** fat dudes commenting to fire everyone. Kids take notice and honestly this has gone on for a while.

keep slurping your cuban homie.

Advertisement
Back