Fan negativity - Ivins

Advertisement
When you are promised a gourmet dinner but instead are presented with a dog **** served on an upside down garbage can lid, then I think you have the right to complain.

Diaz himself said THIS team was ready to compete for the ACC title, yet now there is a good chance we will finish under .500

Around the 14 minute mark - Ivins starts mentioning how aware recruits are that fans are ****ed off.

Specifically mentions Washington, Francois, Robert, Van Dyke etc.

Would suck to miss out on some kids due to social media backlash, but at the same time don't shlt out #TNM nonsense for 8 months and then go 6-6 in the worst division of power5.

dude....people act like Miami fans are the ONLY fans that have social media accounts. Trust me, Miami fans are tame compared to a lot of other fan bases. Those SEC fans like UGA and Bama, are ridiculous ...and Big Ten fans like Michigan and Ohio State can be vicious...and lets not forget about the Texas fan base that are overly delusional at times

Advertisement
Fan police always makes me laugh, Obviously you shouldn't tag and/or harass players, but fans have the right to be fans. Until 3 years ago people wanted Saban fired from Alabama, every program has negativity around when they're losing/underpeforming

So honestly IDC about players, recruits feelings IF they go searching the internet for fans reactions, it's what it's.

dude....people act like Miami fans are the ONLY fans that have social media accounts. Trust me, Miami fans are tame compared to a lot of other fan bases. Those SEC fans like UGA and Bama, are ridiculous ...and Big Ten fans like Michigan and Ohio State can be vicious...and lets not forget about the Texas fan base that are overly delusional at times

agree with this post

This is exactly the problem with the state of our program,

Cupcake fans
Cupcake fans that still defend manny
Cupcake coaching staff
Cupcake players
Cupcake recruits

tighten up and stop acting like pussies

Some of today's recruits take everything on twitter or wherever else they communicate as the truth. Truth is, they have no idea if it truly is a miami fan writing love or hate. Believe nothing you read and 1/2 of what you see with your own eyes. Negativity THRIVES ON THE INTERNET, all team sites and is here to stay. Sign on the 18th and let's turn this program in the right direction.

Advertisement
It definitely hurts. Those recruits and a couple of others have said so this class. Cant go on twitter and bash the school in THEIR comment session and expect them to not feel some type of way. If the fans dont protect and love their school why should any recruit? The UM account cant post anything anymore without 100 ugly *** fat dudes commenting to fire everyone. Kids take notice and honestly this has gone on for a while.

Then don't hire a head coach with ZERO experience and don't go 6-6. Don't lose to FIU.

These excuses are lame.

5 star recruit- I'm excited about getting offered by The U

Miami fans on social media-"why would you come play in this system"...."we suck"......fire everybody......

5 star recruit- yall probably right....commits elsewhere

Miami fans- we don't have enough talent....we have to flip 2 stars from App state.....why is everyone in our secondary so slow...

exactly what happens. The sh*t is hilarious. The worst part is they go DIRECTLY under these kids pictures, in home visits with the sh*ts...not even just posting it on their own page..they literally want the kids see it for whatever look at me moment. Strange/weirdo's the bunch on twitter. But then again we have the guys that are our fans that want to literally be twitter/insta famous for being um fans.

I mean its the truth my guy. Coming straight from recruits mouth. Dont know what you want me to say

If we beat Duke (who was 4-7) and FIU, the season is okay. That's not the fault of the fans. The fans are a symptom, the administration and the ****** coaching is the disease.

It’s not just Miami fans. Every school that’s struggling will have fans rioting on social media that’s just the way it is. If it makes the coaches life more difficult recruiting then how about you don’t lose to FIU

Give Bama fans a 6-6 season. Watch the colorful language that spreads across that god forsaken state.

Advertisement
When you're interested in a program, you know their record. You're being sold on being part of the resurrection here, how you can change it, etc.

You want to find out more, you check out a message board. Posters are piling on everything, players and coaches are a target. You add social media into the mix, other recruits, there's some Miami guys popping off again.

Negativity is fine, but our fans go overboard. Of course it's going to have an effect. How much is debatable, but when fans don't believe in anything, why should a recruit.

Advertisement
Yeah don't go to Miami where the fans will hate the coaches on social media, go to Alabama where the fans will send you death threats when you miss a field goal or drop a pass.

It's why I laugh when some dumbasses carry that whole "It's the fans fault" schtick. Bama fans are as bad as you're going to get, yet for some reason they keep ending up with a top 5 class every cycle. It's weird.

Around the 14 minute mark - Ivins starts mentioning how aware recruits are that fans are ****ed off.

Specifically mentions Washington, Francois, Robert, Van Dyke etc.

Would suck to miss out on some kids due to social media backlash, but at the same time don't shlt out #TNM nonsense for 8 months and then go 6-6 in the worst division of power5.

FFS. Fans should be happy with 6-6? These kids shouldn't go to Miami if fans are angry at how awful the offense is? This ultimately lies with Manny not making a single change after the worst season in Miami history. Why would any kid want to play for an abomination of an offense?

exactly what happens. The sh*t is hilarious. The worst part is they go DIRECTLY under these kids pictures, in home visits with the sh*ts...not even just posting it on their own page..they literally want the kids see it for whatever look at me moment. Strange/weirdo's the bunch on twitter. But then again we have the guys that are our fans that want to literally be twitter/insta famous for being um fans.

I see it all the time bro im like why yall saying that to a kid that might want to come to your beloved program.....but they want the likes and to be known as funny trolls smh

It does change it. Stop enabling the staff by blaming the fans. Stop writing essays on why it hurts. Put the blame on the staff for sucking. The fans don't have to do anything. They are acting this way because of the staff (or in rare cases they are trolling) and team performance.

Bombard twitter. Let the recruits see the truth. 'Strategizing' with social media is the reason why we are a foundationless/turnover chain obsessed/empty program at the current stage.

If people want to post their frustration with the program they should make their own post - don’t hop on some kids post about a positive event for them like a coaches visit, OV etc. If you can’t understand the difference I dont know what to say. It’s about using common sense and having respect for the kids.

Advertisement
Back