Superior:
-QB room
-TE room
-S room

Solid:
-DE

Optimistic:
-DB (b/c of coaching)
-RB (if they can stay healthy, can be moved to Superior)

Cause For Concern:
LB
WR
DT
OL (depth, fit across entire line)
Don't agree bout da speed! Nobody catching our wr from behind! And, one of the coaches jus said we're fast. Don't remember which coach though? Could've been a defensive coach🤷

Advertisement
Did i miss the page containing the scrimmaging results?
According to my source...

Offense:
- Both TVD & Jake Garcia threw for 500yds & 7TD’s a piece
- The RB’s rushed for 600yds & 8TD’s, looked better than McGahee, Portis & Gore
- The WR’s caught every single pass & looked better than Reggie Wayne & Andre Johnson
- The OL is the best it’s been since 2001
- The TE’s looked better than Shockey, Winslow & Olsen

Defense:
- The CB’s Intercepted every pass thrown by TVD & Jake Garcia, Ivey had 22INT’s, looks like Joe Horn & Jalen Ramsey combined
- The LB’s had 200 tackles, Corey Flagg & Steed looked better than Jon Vilma & DJ WIlliams
- The DL had 30 sacks & 20 Forced Fumbles, looked better than Sapp & Jerome Brown
- The Safety’s were flying around intercepting all the passes from TVD & Jake Garcia at the same time as the CB’s did, except they were like meaner... They were fighting with the CB’s over the ball & both of the positions groups were holding onto the ball every time they picked it off & were running it back for a TD while having a tug of war over the Football until they scored, it was pandemonium... They looked better than Ed Reed & Sean Taylor

The Kicker also made 10 straight 90 yard Field Goals...

Then Hedley punted a ball all the way to Alaska & some dude on the sideline who wasn’t credentialed asked him, “Hey why’d you do that?” Hedley looked over at him & said, “Whadya say mate?” Then when the guy started to repeat himself Hedley pulled out a shank from under his chest plate & stabbed the guy up real bad... It was real unfortunate but he’ll live... But then Mario stopped the scrimmage & gathered the team around the guy & Hedley said that’s “That’s how it’s gotta be from now on with the media & anybody.. When they ask questions, they get this” while pointing at the guy writhing on the ground in pain then Mario said, “You’ll be alright fckhead now get off my fckin field..” then some of the medical staff carried him off on a stretcher...

But that’s all I got, my source said he was pretty shook by the whole thing so he decided to leave early.

Offense:
- The WR’s caught every single pass & looked better than Reggie Wayne & Andre Johnson

Defense:
- The CB’s Intercepted every pass thrown by TVD & Jake Garcia, Ivey had 22INT’s, looks like Joe Horn & Jalen Ramsey combined
- The LB’s had 200 tackles, Corey Flagg & Steed looked better than Jon Vilma & DJ WIlliams
- The DL had 30 sacks & 20 Forced Fumbles, looked better than Sapp & Jerome Brown
- The Safety’s were flying around intercepting all the passes from TVD & Jake Garcia at the same time as the CB’s did, except they were like meaner... They were fighting with the CB’s over the ball & both of the positions groups were holding onto the ball every time they picked it off & were running it back for a TD while having a tug of war over the Football until they scored, it was pandemonium... They looked better than Ed Reed & Sean Taylor

Then Hedley punted a ball all the way to Alaska & some dude on the sideline who wasn’t credentialed asked him, “Hey why’d you do that?” Hedley looked over at him & said, “Whadya say mate?” Then when the guy started to repeat himself Hedley pulled out a shank from under his chest plate & stabbed the guy up real bad... It was real unfortunate but he’ll live... But then Mario stopped the scrimmage & gathered the team around the guy & Hedley said that’s “That’s how it’s gotta be from now on with the media & anybody.. When they ask questions, they get this” while pointing at the guy writhing on the ground in pain then Mario said, “You’ll be alright fckhead now get off my fckin field..” then some of the medical staff carried him off on a stretcher...

But that’s all I got, my source said he was pretty shook by the whole thing so he decided to leave early.
Any word Jacurri, hearing he took some snaps at WR? 👀

Offense:

Defense:

15-0

Advertisement
I certainly respect your opinion on this and I'm not going to disagree but let me play devil's advocate.

You mention attrition from past classes and that is a fact but there have also been plenty of additions via the portal. In regards to this issue I'm going to pose a question. Is he this years team/rooster better than last year's team/rooster at the same point in time? To me the answer would be a definite yes. Let's go unit by unit.

QB. We are better at QB simply because they have had another year of experience, Garcia is healthy and another reason I'll come back to later and that's coaching.

RB. We are better here because Knighton has had a year of experience, Chaney is healthy, Franklin has had a year to adjust plus we added a dynamic transfer in Henry Parrish and true freshman phenom Travonte Citizen.

TE. Again we are better because of the addition of elite freshman Skinner plus Arroyo has a year under his belt, Mallory returns and versatility and depth with Brantley and Mammereli.

OL The OL should be significantly better because we return Nelson, Rivers, Clark, Scaife, Campbell, Traore, Washington, McLaughlin, Seymore etc. This isn't necessarily an elite group but we should have a very solid to very good starting 5 and some key depth. In addition to returning the bulk of the unit, we have added some depth and a potential starter at Guard in Dennis and Logan S. The fact that this group is coached by Mirabal/Cristobal, the best OL coaches in the nation will be obvious in the fall.

WR. This is an interesting group. We lost our top 2 playmakers in Rambo and Harley yet a unit that includes Keyshawn Smith, Romello Brinson, Jacolby George, Brashard Smith, Xavier Restrepo, Frank Ladson, Michael Redding, Isaiah Horton and Colby Young is hardly lacking in talent. It is lacking in a clear cut #1 and also lacks that deep threat and the game breaking speed needed to threaten a defense over the top. So while I wouldn't say that this group of WR is a weakness in terms of lacking talent, the lack of game breaking speed on the outside could be a very real Achilles heel of this offense.

DL. Compared to last year's team this is like night and day. Last year's DL was flat out bad by any objective measure lacking any pass rush from the DE position and no ability to stop the run from the DT position. We were thin, weak and undisciplined not to mention poorly coached in an atrocious scheme. A year later, we are deep and well coached able to field 3 units. We brought in 5 transfers and have the retur noning players all healthy and in their best physical condition thanks to S&C coach Aaron Feld.

LB. This has long been the weakest unit on the team but there have been some changes from last year. Last season the Key players were Keontra Smith, Corey Flagg, Waynmon Steed, Ryan Ragone, and Gil Frierson at Striker. This year they all return with some key changes. Gone is the fundamentally unsound Diaz defense that has zero in terms of gap integrity. Instead, Kevin Steele will demand discipline and physicality. Replacing the slow footed Flagg at Mike will be the speedy transfer from UCLA Caleb Johnson. Keontra Smith who played at 203 lb last year is back at 230 LB to competete with true freshman Wesley Bissainthe, Chase Smith, Waynmon Steed, Corey Flagg, Avery Huff and Thomas Davis.

While LB still remains the weakest unit on the team there have been some notable changes and potential improvements. The addition of Caleb Johnson should solidify the Mike position and give us the speed we have been lacking there. With another year under his belt and an added 27 pounds, Keontra Smith should be better equipped to play the physical style demanded by coach Steele. Last year Waynmon Steed began to look like his old self little by little. This year he is finally fully healthy and fully recovered from the knew surgeries that had robbed him of his quickness and speed. Now at 100% it will be fun to watch Steed battle for a starting spot. After 2 years of adjusting to college and dealing with an injury, Chase Smith is finally ready to show what the fan base has been patiently waiting for. He will have every opportunity. Highly touted freshman Wesley Bissainthe will also be in the mix for playing time as will freshman Thomas Davis. Perhaps the most significant difference and improvement is the fact that this LB group will be coached by one of the best LB coaches in the game Charlie Strong. Look for Strong's group to steadily improve as the season goes on. At the end of the season I expect to see a much improved LB corps.

Safety. We are deep and talented at Safety and improved from last year based on the fact that everyone is back. James Williams, Avantae Williams and Kamren Kinchens lead an elite group that could be the best in the nation. Gilbert Frierson, Brian Balom, Keyshawn Washington, Al Blades and Markieth Williams provide excellent depth.

CB. Once again we return everyone from a CB unit who had it's ups and downs last season but has thoroughly embraced the new staff and shocked fans during spring with their drastic improvement. Tyrique Stevenson, DJ Ivey, Tecory Couch, Malik Curtis, Marcus Clarke, Isaiah Dunson, Daryl Porter Jr, Chris Graves, Kamauri Rogers, and Jaden Harris bring a good blend of veteran experience, youth and speed.

It should be noted that we return arguably the best punter in the nation in Louis Hedley and one of the best place kickers in Jose Borregales.

In comparing this year's team to last year's, one of if not the most significant element will be coaching. It is difficult to overstate the overall effect that the upgrade in coaching will have on this squad. Last year, this team was coached by on of the worst staffs in the ACC and in the nation. In one month Mario Cristobal put together what is considered one of the best coaching staffs in all college football. Change will not happen overnight to be sure but the difference between the two staffs should be immediately obvious.

Above I have gone over each unit comparing each to last year at this time. In each case other than WR we are in a better position than last year and for many units the difference is obvious. Add to that the fact that last year's team with a clearly inferior roster and a bad coaching staff managed to win 7 games finishing 7-5.

I'm certainly not going to say that we should go 11-1, win the ACC and make the playoffs. I will say that I would expect to win 9 games in the regular season, win the Coastal, and possibly win the ACCCG then a Bowl game. I have us going 10-4. 9-3 in the regular season, a loss in the ACCCG and a Bowl win. Setting us up for a 12-2 type season in 2023.
[/QUOTE
Only got 2 issues with your post! Wr we are not lacking speed! Bsmith, ksmith got wheels so don't agree wen yu said we lacking game breaking speed nobody caught them from behind! And, 2- yu missing jalen harrell in the safety room?

Tyler is coming off that season with a Lashlee offense. I've said this before, Lashlees passing game concepts were elite at the college level. He is not here anymore and people seem to forget that. Gattis and Mario seem to be more focused on the run game which was not our bread and butter last couple seasons. and to keep it 100 our run game was atrocious. Not to mention Rambo and Harley are gone.. It's fair to hope TVD picks up where he left off, but in a brand new system we have no idea how he will look with this system and with these receivers
Jokes aside. Which passing concepts were elite last year? Because multiple times it seemed like we ran the same simple stuff a bunch.

Maybe my memory serves me wrong but a bunch of comebacks and fades with Rambo and slants with Harley isn’t exactly elite to me.

Rarely did I see guys schemed to be wide open downfield…. Besides Will Mallory on that one flea flickers play we ran each week that always seemed to work

Offense:

Defense:

This is fvkn hilarious

Tyler is coming off that season with a Lashlee offense. I've said this before, Lashlees passing game concepts were elite at the college level. He is not here anymore and people seem to forget that. Gattis and Mario seem to be more focused on the run game which was not our bread and butter last couple seasons. and to keep it 100 our run game was atrocious. Not to mention Rambo and Harley are gone.. It's fair to hope TVD picks up where he left off, but in a brand new system we have no idea how he will look with this system and with these receivers
I think that JHallCanes said it best. Its TVD. We're not going from the option to the pro style. TVD is accurate, a progressing leader and he's confident. Better coaches, better play calling and better support casst mixed in with more experience should mean better results. Obviously there could be a little drag for transition but it shouldn't be season changing for a hard worker like TVD and a coach whose going to put super high expectations on the guy. Don't belive for one second that Mario is buying this 8-4 first year crap. He wants to be ready right now.

Advertisement
@ScorpioCane

In terms of Jalen Harrell yes I missed him but it wasn't my intent to list everyone.

In terms of the WR group we don't lack speed in the general sense. What we do lack is someone who can consistently threaten teams over the top. Nobody has stepped up and claimed that role. Do we have anyone on the rooster capable of being that guy? I think we might but that guy needs to step up because this offense will run much better with that element.

Offense:

Defense:

Of course. They focused on the run more.

Offense:

Defense:

james franco wtf GIF

Advertisement
Bro it's all I remember from that season. The rest of it just melts away in my mind and all I see is their players dropping like flies to stop the clock and kill our tempo. That one's branded into my mind forever lol
Don’t forget what’s his name dancing on the sidelines. I then remembered people on this site trying to convince everyone that he was the best DT in Georgia when he came out. It’s part of the reason I am the way I am on here. I don’t fvck with any kool aid

Advertisement

Offense:

Defense:

We must have the same source. Told me the exact same thing.

He also told me that during the scrimmage Mario was levitating in the lotus position while all his natty rings rotated around him.

We must have the same source. Told me the exact same thing.

He also told me that during the scrimmage Mario was levitating in the lotus position while all his natty rings rotated around him.

Mario prepping for Feld's birthday party:

Offense:

Defense:

Live footage of Ed Orgeron during scrimmage
200.gif

Advertisement
Back