Fall Scrimmage number 1 info

Advertisement
Advertisement
Different info depending on the source. Someone says our secondary has been dominating, while others say the WR’s are getting the best of them. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Its all drills which means less thinking.
Like Coach said, tonight will tell us who can take what they have learned in drills and implement that on the field. And who can think and adjust.
Ivey as an example shows up well in drills but doesn’t adjust well to game speed.

Live action is ultimately the only thing that matters so any conclusion until now is premature.

The WR group as a whole hasn’t been performing. The last two days they’ve come on strong. We don’t have a number one receiver yet. Hopefully one steps up. It’s a good D1 capable group. As for who’s dominating who, everyone is getting their shot to show out. If you look at the first team DB’s, you’ll notice there’s no Stevenson. It’s not iron on iron this week. It’s let the guys who played in the spring be the ones. The real group, who wasn’t here or was hurt will be in their places soon enough. Think about the locker room and buy in. The coaches are smart, have a plan and will play the best players. The same goes for the RB’s 🤫 don’t tell the freshman hype machine. Kelly is legit fwiw He could be a difference maker and star here.

Advertisement

Mario appears like a str8 shooter v. a salesman. The msg has been pretty consistent. I don’t think he’s being disingenuous or trying to temper expectations vs. being str8 fwd w/ us.

A lot of objective fans have said 8-9 wins yr 1. I’m sticking w/ 8 wins Reg season & a post season win yr 1. @Hurricane Warrior just bumped his threads in the “Recruiting” forum, reminding us of the shear attrition we’ve had from these past classes who were supposed to either pass the torch or be in a position to lead. Couple that w/ the combination of guys who just didn’t/haven’t panned out, & what we have is an inconsistent roster. We’re strong in some areas, serviceable in others, & yyyyyyyyyikes at others.

W/ that type of roster + a deplorable culture that’s been ingrained w/in the program for the past 7 yrs?? Whether fans realize it or not, but this is a semi-rebuild.

Mario appears like a str8 shooter v. a salesman. The msg has been pretty consistent. I don’t think he’s being disingenuous or trying to temper expectations vs. being str8 fwd w/ us.

A lot of objective fans have said 8-9 wins yr 1. I’m sticking w/ 8 wins Reg season & a post season win yr 1. @Hurricane Warrior just bumped his threads in the “Recruiting” forum, reminding us of the shear attrition we’ve had from these past classes who were supposed to either pass the torch or be in a position to lead. Couple that w/ the combination of guys who just didn’t/haven’t panned out, & what we have is an inconsistent roster. We’re strong in some areas, serviceable in others, & yyyyyyyyyikes at others.

W/ that type of roster + a deplorable culture that’s been ingrained w/in the program for the past 7 yrs?? Whether fans realize it or not, but this is a semi-rebuild.
So u got them losing to a&m, clemson, fsu, and who else? The reason I believe they can get 9-10 is because of the schedule and what other teams have and lost.

Advertisement
So u got them losing to a&m, clemson, fsu, and who else? The reason I believe they can get 9-10 is because of the schedule and what other teams have and lost.

…FSU?!? Nah big dawg lol. 9-3 would be great for year 1, but 8-4 wouldn’t surprise me either because of many of the reasons Rell listed…but we aint losing to no **** FSU lol.

…FSU?!? Nah big dawg lol. 9-3 would be great for year 1, but 8-4 wouldn’t surprise me either because of many of the reasons Rell listed…but we aint losing to no **** FSU lol.
Oh I agree with 9-3 but he said 4 Ls just trying to see what teams he see us losing to. I think y’all are just looking at our flaws and not the competition. We still have more talent than 10 of the 12 teams on the schedule. Now does that mean we win obviously not

What positions you got in each spot? Like what is your like position?

For me I think we are strong at QB, TE, Safety..

I think we should be good and feel optimistic about RB, DL and Corner..

OL is dependent on health but we should be able to put an experienced group together..

WR and LB would be hope and prayer.. Hoping one guy can step up and carry the unit at this point.. We got no gamebreaking speed at WR, nobody will scare in this unit it seems at this point..

Special teams should be strong..

Think we have talent to put points on board and play good defense.

Advertisement

Brethern, allow me to furnish u w/ our “head scratching” losses since 2014:

2014 team:
-UVA (5-7)
-Pitt (6-7)

2015 team:
-Cincy (7-6 G5 team)

2016 team:
-ND (4-8)

2017 team:
-Pitt (5-7)

2018 team:
-GT (7-6)

2019 team:
-UNC (7-6)
-GT (3-9)
-FIU (6-7 G5)
-Duke (5-7)

2020 team:
-UNC (8-4)

2021 team:
-UVA (6-6)
-UNC (6-7)
-FSU (5-7)

Verdict? Brotha, I have no clue. Even w/ Richt here, who spoke about our culture, we had head scratching losses. So despite Mario being here, demanding excellence, again w/ holes on the roster + a culture that’ll need a complete overhaul + a new playbook w/ only 7-8 months at work? I dunno, bro. I’m looking at things from a logical standpoint & not O&G glasses.

I expect growing pains, which will make us feared in yr 2, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped one of those “WTF?” games on the yr. If we win 10+ or are in the ACCCG by hook or crook in yr 1, then be pleasantly surprised. Again, just don’t get down “if” we finish the season w/ 8-9 wins.

What positions you got in each spot? Like what is your like position?

For me I think we are strong at QB, TE, Safety..

I think we should be good and feel optimistic about RB, DL and Corner..

OL is dependent on health but we should be able to put an experienced group together..

WR and LB would be hope and prayer.. Hoping one guy can step up and carry the unit at this point.. We got no gamebreaking speed at WR, nobody will scare in this unit it seems at this point..

Special teams should be strong..

Think we have talent to put points on board and play good defense.

We’re on the exact same page:

Superior:
-QB room
-TE room
-S room

Solid:
-DE

Optimistic:
-DB (b/c of coaching)
-RB (if they can stay healthy, can be moved to Superior)

Cause For Concern:
LB
WR
DT
OL (depth, fit across entire line)

Brethern, allow me to furnish u w/ our “head scratching” losses since 2014:

2014 team:
-UVA (5-7)
-Pitt (6-7)

2015 team:
-Cincy (7-6 G5 team)

2016 team:
-ND (4-8)

2017 team:
-Pitt (5-7)

2018 team:
-GT (7-6)

2019 team:
-UNC (7-6)
-GT (3-9)
-FIU (6-7 G5)
-Duke (5-7)

2020 team:
-UNC (8-4)

2021 team:
-UVA (6-6)
-UNC (6-7)
-FSU (5-7)

Verdict? Brotha, I have no clue. Even w/ Richt here, who spoke about our culture, we had head scratching losses. So despite Mario being here, demanding excellence, again w/ holes on the roster + a culture that’ll need a complete overhaul + a new playbook w/ only 7-8 months at work? I dunno, bro. I’m looking at things from a logical standpoint & not O&G glasses.

I expect growing pains, which will make us feared in yr 2, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped one of those “WTF?” games on the yr. If we win 10+ or are in the ACCCG by hook or crook in yr 1, then be pleasantly surprised. Again, just don’t get down “if” we finish the season w/ 8-9 wins.
Nah I’m not gone be down because I’m expecting 9-3 type season

Advertisement
Back