Fall Scrimmage number 1 info

Advertisement
And being that I'm a bears and white sox fan the majority of my pro sports life has been nothing but pain aside from 86 and 05. Until Jerry dies the white sox are also screwed.

Preeeeeach. I wear my Sox gear w/ pride, but I watch them in disgust. The fact The Bears r stuck in ‘85, & The Sox r stuck in ‘05 is all we need to know. MJ & Phil gave Chicago Sports a glimmer of hope & pride in the 90’s, & what did they do? Break up completely & tried to break it up since ‘96 b/c of ego. Got rid of Ozzie G b/c of ego. I swear the McCheapskys & Reinsdorks r the most incompetent duo in a sports town ever.

****... "a significant knee injury" that's gonna take "some time". Anyone have more dets?
Every thread about it seems to be getting deleted so take that for what its worth.. not sure why because a thread not gonna affect the issue one way or another

Advertisement
I get we’ve been saying it for years, but do you genuinely think the offensive line will show no improvement in the run game from last year to this year?
I'm a realist (was an O-lineman). I'm not expecting miracles this season, because you build an OL as a unit not plugging in individuals. However my remark was aimed at these being some of the same guys that were hailed as one of the most experienced groups in the NCAA based on starts, last season. They however seemed to have collectively hit the wall the past two seasons, when that experience should have been translating on the field.

I'm optimistic about their new coaches. I heard a remark though, early on, by Mirabal when he said something to the effect that people look at these big guys and wonder "how can they not be confident," but he insinuated that a few weren't very. That shows this late in their careers, in their play as a unit.

With that said, yes, we should see an improvement. They are the horses we have to ride. I think this OL will be way better coached, it's needs way better addressed and in a few years hopefully recruiting well, will be where it needs to be to make a run.

This year, my expectation is taking Mirabal at his word, that they won't be a weakness. That would be a big step and improvement.

Advertisement
Back