Fall Scrimmage number 1 info

Advertisement
According to my source...

Offense:
- Both TVD & Jake Garcia threw for 500yds & 7TD’s a piece
- The RB’s rushed for 600yds & 8TD’s, looked better than McGahee, Portis & Gore
- The WR’s caught every single pass & looked better than Reggie Wayne & Andre Johnson
- The OL is the best it’s been since 2001
- The TE’s looked better than Shockey, Winslow & Olsen

Defense:
- The CB’s Intercepted every pass thrown by TVD & Jake Garcia, Ivey had 22INT’s, looks like Joe Horn & Jalen Ramsey combined
- The LB’s had 200 tackles, Corey Flagg & Steed looked better than Jon Vilma & DJ WIlliams
- The DL had 30 sacks & 20 Forced Fumbles, looked better than Sapp & Jerome Brown
- The Safety’s were flying around intercepting all the passes from TVD & Jake Garcia at the same time as the CB’s did, except they were like meaner... They were fighting with the CB’s over the ball & both of the positions groups were holding onto the ball every time they picked it off & were running it back for a TD while having a tug of war over the Football until they scored, it was pandemonium... They looked better than Ed Reed & Sean Taylor

The Kicker also made 10 straight 90 yard Field Goals...

Then Hedley punted a ball all the way to Alaska & some dude on the sideline who wasn’t credentialed asked him, “Hey why’d you do that?” Hedley looked over at him & said, “Whadya say mate?” Then when the guy started to repeat himself Hedley pulled out a shank from under his chest plate & stabbed the guy up real bad... It was real unfortunate but he’ll live... But then Mario stopped the scrimmage & gathered the team around the guy & Hedley said that’s “That’s how it’s gotta be from now on with the media & anybody.. When they ask questions, they get this” while pointing at the guy writhing on the ground in pain then Mario said, “You’ll be alright fckhead now get off my fckin field..” then some of the medical staff carried him off on a stretcher...

But that’s all I got, my source said he was pretty shook by the whole thing so he decided to leave early.
So…we fuccin’!

Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Yo @Rellyrell you my dawg but I hope u haven’t “been on Key”. So Scott gotta talk to u dawg!
Hey Yo! Hit the button

Man, I was talking bout music, u know…on key. Lol

You you guys got all that from a closed scrimmage with no writeup and a fluff interview of Mario by DBJ?
No, my post and comments on the team were meant in general based on what we already know and not in response to a closed scrimmage.

Advertisement
I personally think the contradiction and Rhett-home cookin’ in this post is laughable. Let’s play it both ways here.

- Make no mistake: Lashlee called exceptional games from an aerial perspective. But you can’t just say “well because Gattis’ Michigan team didn’t throw the ball well in 2021, Miami is going to suffer in 2022”. That’s such a narrow-minded approach. This is true if you’re strictly looking at the numbers.

Now let’s not forget two humongous obstacles working against Gattis: Harbaugh micro-managed the gameplan, and Cade McNamera was such a below-average QB that he got yanked early 3Q of the semifinal. Point being, that’s two forces that are entirely difficult to overcome; and even then, he still was able to scheme guys open. Seven different receiving options finished with 248 yards or more. At Miami, he’s got a FAR better QB, an elite TE room, and some options at WR. Obviously someone in the WR room needs to step up, but there are toys and speed to work with; go watch some of his games, he creates beautiful mesh concepts. The detail is there.

Conversely, because Rhett sucked at dialing up any sort of variation in the run game, you can’t just say “yeah Gattis had a good rushing offense in 2021, but we suck at running the ball so we’re still going to suck in 2022”. Sure, we may not eclipse their numbers or come close to it, but we shouldn’t have to. All we need is slightly more than marginal improvement: we’ve got talent on this line with Zion, a healthy Rivers, Clark looks good, etc. There are dudes we can run behind; and now, you’re pairing that with the most elite offensive line duo of coaches in the country. There has to be improvement.

What you’re basically alluding to is you think Mario will micro-manage the offense and force running plays over and over, without utilizing TVD to his strength. And I personally think Mario is too smart to do that/he definitely coaxed Gattis to come over by having full autonomy + getting a bag.
This is basically what I have been trying to get across but to no avail. On this board it's like well Michigan sucked in the passing game so that means we will suck this year. Paying no mind to the fact that Gattis had McNamara as his QB and Jim Woody Hayes Harbaugh looking over his shoulder.

Advertisement
If we are establishing a toughness culture it wouldn’t surprise me if the first week and especially first scrimmage was more ground and pound and setting the tone for physicality. As camp continues I am sure they will get more into the passing attack and being multiple.

What you’re basically alluding to is you think Mario will micro-manage the offense and force running plays over and over, without utilizing TVD to his strength. And I personally think Mario is too smart to do that/he definitely coaxed Gattis to come over by having full autonomy + getting a bag.
Not saying he will but he’s done it before lol

Advertisement
U can thank my dumb *** Bears for that!
Our dumbass worst managed franchise in all of professional football. I’m glad we pick garbage, because we wouldn’t pay the kid anyway. Mother****ers have ruined professional football for me.

my point is Miami was 10th in the nation in passing offense. Michigan was 68th. Like another poster said. OCs and system absolutely matters for a QB. On the flip side Miami was 111th in rushing while Michigan was 15. This roster has shown they can't run the ball. So I believe offense will be a issue this season. and yes yall will appreciate what Lashlee was doing here because his offense was explosive in the air
Gattis has said several times he will create an offense at Miami that best utilizes the available talent. Last year at Michigan, he didn’t have a QB anywhere near a TVD. He had a good OL with good RB’s so he focused on their strength - the running game.

No way in **** he doesn’t utilize a future NFL QB as much as possible. So far, the biggest ? Is can our receivers step up.

U can thank my dumb *** Bears for that!
I was going nuts when we kept passing in Pickens. At least brisker showed out on Saturday.

This new regime will be an epic fail tho. George decided he wanted to recreate the lovie era because it's the last time we were relevant and that's not how you win in the modern NFL. As long as the mccaskeys own the team we are doomed. I've never been less excited for the NFL than I am this year.

Advertisement
I was going nuts when we kept passing in Pickens. At least brisker showed out on Saturday.

This new regime will be an epic fail tho. George decided he wanted to recreate the lovie era because it's the last time we were relevant and that's not how you win in the modern NFL. As long as the mccaskeys own the team we are doomed. I've never been less excited for the NFL than I am this year.

Chicago may have 2 of the worst owners in all of sports: The McCaskeys & Reindorfs, who own 3/5 of Chicago’s major sports teams.

Chicago may have 2 of the worst owners in all of sports: The McCaskeys & Reindorfs, who own 3/5 of Chicago’s major sports teams.
And being that I'm a bears and white sox fan the majority of my pro sports life has been nothing but pain aside from 86 and 05. Until Jerry dies the white sox are also screwed.

Advertisement
Back