-FIU (6-7 G5)
-Duke (5-7)

2020 team:
-UNC (8-4)

2021 team:
-UVA (6-6)
-UNC (6-7)
-FSU (5-7)

Verdict? Brotha, I have no clue. Even w/ Richt here, who spoke about our culture, we had head scratching losses. So despite Mario being here, demanding excellence, again w/ holes on the roster + a culture that’ll need a complete overhaul + a new playbook w/ only 7-8 months at work? I dunno, bro. I’m looking at things from a logical standpoint & not O&G glasses.

I expect growing pains, which will make us feared in yr 2, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped one of those “WTF?” games on the yr. If we win 10+ or are in the ACCCG by hook or crook in yr 1, then be pleasantly surprised. Again, just don’t get down “if” we finish the season w/ 8-9 wins.

2016, Richt lost us unc and nd himself. Fsu was a hard fought toss up. The defense was depleted in Virginia tech, but Richt gave us ZERO chance to win a shootout with his very bad playcalling.

I don’t see this staff losing us three games. We could go 8-4 with some bad breaks. I think we beat aTm. No way we lose four if that happens unless there is a BAD run of injuries.

Ain’t none of these teams beating us with no scrub *** quarterback. Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong are our dcs. Our secondary is big and physical. They are a serious problem for the vast majority of teams on our schedule. Most of the games will be much easier for our receivers too.

Advertisement
A one game improvement with this staff, with what we brought in via the portal and with how little we lost? LoL, okay.

Some of you folks still have PTSD. Cristobal is trying to get us to an Alabama level roster and a championship intensity. That's 2 to 3 classes away. That's his benchmark. You need to put it in that context. I guarantee you he is shooting for the conference this season. We will see but we are going to be a much better team this season. Vastly better.

Advertisement
…FSU?!? Nah big dawg lol. 9-3 would be great for year 1, but 8-4 wouldn’t surprise me either because of many of the reasons Rell listed…but we aint losing to no **** FSU lol.

Them and UNC… I need us to win that game most (after FSU) our overall 11-14 record against them bothers my life. It was clear Mack had Manny’s number from day 1 out the gate and knew exactly how to exploit him which is why he fired his ***. 😒

Chaney & Rooster have shown to be injury prone. Thad keeps getting mixed reviews, & now it’s rumored Citizen has a hyper extended knee. That leaves us w/ Parrish, who’s a serviceable back, but not great, imo. That’s y I have the disclaimer next to this group.

Regarding DT, I know we have Jackson, but we need another name to step up. We have a lot of Edge & tweeners, but we desperately need Miller, Taylor, Harrison-Hunte to take that next step. But you’re right, I could’ve placed them a rung higher.

Don’t think you can lump Rooster into an injury prone comment. Pretty sure he’s only missed 2 games due to injury in his 2 years so far. Remember he was suspended to start last year that’s why he missed the first 4, he wasn’t hurt. He hurt his shoulder late his freshman year and missed I think UNC and the bowl. But he’s played in 17 of the 19 games he was eligible to play in. Can’t say that’s injury prone imo.

Oh I agree with 9-3 but he said 4 Ls just trying to see what teams he see us losing to. I think y’all are just looking at our flaws and not the competition. We still have more talent than 10 of the 12 teams on the schedule. Now does that mean we win obviously not

I get the need for game breaking speed at receiver. But I think that well designed and well executed routes can make up for some of that. We saw this last season w/ Rambo. He wasn't a burner but still got us some nice long plays. We have guys on the roster that are faster than him. Question is who's going to do the little things like he did and use their better athleticism?

Advertisement
I get the need for game breaking speed at receiver. But I think that well designed and well executed routes can make up for some of that. We saw this last season w/ Rambo. He wasn't a burner but still got us some nice long plays. We have guys on the roster that are faster than him. Question is who's going to do the little things like he did and use their better athleticism?
Both Frank and Keyshawn are legit 4.4 runners. Brashard seems really game fast.

Advertisement
Id say anyone that really takes the green and orange shades off and look at our situation would feel how mario feels lol.

Nothing makes me cringe more than people calling our schedule weak lol like what have we done in the acc to separate us from the so called weak teams? Like we’ve been having close games with all of these teams for years that should tell people there isn’t a gap and we could possibly lose any game besides the obvious.

They think u just get a staff and more resources and all the **** stains go away from the program in 6 months lol but we’ve been bad for so long our fanbase doesn’t understand what it took for us to have those glory days
I think the point of looking at the competition level is that those games are realistically winnable (call it greater than 50% chance). While the roster issues are definitely true, talent isn’t necessarily what has been losing us games. For the most part, we haven’t been getting blown away on the field (ACC play). What has killed us is inconsistency. Whether that inconsistency is a result of talent or coaching is debatable. Both were definitely a factor but the hope is it was mainly coaching. Whether this coaching staff can fix the inconsistency in year one is another question. But you have to figure it’s good enough for an extra W or 2.

Advertisement
I just want to see what happens when we get punched in the mouth.
Have a feeling Mario does that to the team daily. Haha.

That’s always the test but if there’s a coach that is finally going to make us tough, it’s Mario.

It’s so funny when people say we have no depth or difference makers at every position… Do y’all think the rest of the ACC have depth and difference makers at EVERY position and we don’t? I mean we recruit A LOT better than every team other than Clemson in the conference. Maybe UNC since Brown got there is the closest. We have much better depth than any of them yet we can’t beat them all smh. They had much better coaching and development and now we have the best staff and best recruiting in the conference. I’d be disappointed if we did not win all of our conference games and went to the ACCG!

Brethern, allow me to furnish u w/ our “head scratching” losses since 2014:

2014 team:
-UVA (5-7)
-Pitt (6-7)

2015 team:
-Cincy (7-6 G5 team)

2016 team:
-ND (4-8)

2017 team:
-Pitt (5-7)

2018 team:
-GT (7-6)

2019 team:
-UNC (7-6)
-GT (3-9)
-FIU (6-7 G5)
-Duke (5-7)

2020 team:
-UNC (8-4)

2021 team:
-UVA (6-6)
-UNC (6-7)
-FSU (5-7)

Verdict? Brotha, I have no clue. Even w/ Richt here, who spoke about our culture, we had head scratching losses. So despite Mario being here, demanding excellence, again w/ holes on the roster + a culture that’ll need a complete overhaul + a new playbook w/ only 7-8 months at work? I dunno, bro. I’m looking at things from a logical standpoint & not O&G glasses.

I expect growing pains, which will make us feared in yr 2, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped one of those “WTF?” games on the yr. If we win 10+ or are in the ACCCG by hook or crook in yr 1, then be pleasantly surprised. Again, just don’t get down “if” we finish the season w/ 8-9 wins.
Since 2014, stop right there

I was listening at a Ohio St podcast. Their OL coach, said they got 5 guys who can play. Point is, every team has these issues. Bad coaches have made us look worse than we have been. What are our opponents weaknesses? Why are they gonna maximize their strengths and beat us but we can't? 20 years and all that.

Advertisement
Back