Fall Camp PractiSe #12: Tuesday Evening, August 15

Advertisement
Some notes from 247 as shared by someone at the scrimmage:

TVD looks comfortable running the offense. JB was up and down - did have a beautiful throw to Harrell, who dropped the pass...
Emory did a solid job when he got 2nd team reps.

The offense was productive in red zone drills. Emphasis has been placed on improving in that area this year.

Rivers got some reps at center. Likely part of the cross training going on across the OL. Samson Okulola was getting left tackle reps during that position. Okunlola was also getting work at guard. Okunlola and Matthew McCoy appear to be the sixth and seventh linemen right now.

Colbie Young looked impressive

Allen, Fletcher and Chaney all flashed , getting 1st and 2nd team reps

LT showed up early in 11 v 11 reps. Run defense was solid early but had inconsistency as practice went on.

James Williams was taking first team reps and was vocal and involved on the back end.

Davonte Brown stood out at CB. Damari Brown and Daryl Porter stood out at the other cornerback spot. Jadais Richard and Jaden Davis also got some first team reps. Te’Cory Couch had an inconsistent day
The vibe I'm getting is that practices are competitive each day. Very good thing if true. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Damari was a top shelf cb recruit. Saban wanted him badly. Imo he’s a better player than Mcclain. He was the cherry on top of that class that I wanted.

I didn’t follow his recruitment much. Really never thought we were in it but I wanted him over McClain. **** of a surprise.

I'll be real, I think it'll be really difficult to stop the run against this O-Line consistenly.

We have to allow this D-Line to compare themselves to the nations average and that O-Line surely isn't average.

Maybe, maybe our run game is very good and the DL run stopping isn’t as bad as it appears, just the OL/RBs are that much better.

Our defense isn’t defending this OL and RB room every week in the ACC.

Advertisement
Damari brown potentially being a dude is massive for us. Need depth there and getting a stud at corner will be big for recruiting. It’s an arms race position and we haven’t had a ton of success with draft there.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm very worried about the run defense this year. Was really hoping we would land a space eater in the portal for run stuffing after D Jackson left. That didn't happen. Most of our DT's are on the lighter side and could have a tendency to get pushed around by bigger lines.
Why do yall keep saying this? It doesn't work like this. Its not as simple as just leaning on us cause you big.

The Dline practices against one of the best lines and line coaches, in the country, daily. What makes you think other teams are just going to be able to lean on us?

You don't need to be a big Dline to stop the run.

I'll be real, I think it'll be really difficult to stop the run against this O-Line consistenly.

We have to allow this D-Line to compare themselves to the nations average and that O-Line surely isn't average.
Thank you. Someone thinking logically. Like dude. Do you see whose coaching Oline and the behemoths on it?

What team do we play that's gonna measure up?

Advertisement
They didnt even show the full play or anything, lol.. :jeremyshockey:
It was two shots that were cumulatively probably 2 seconds slowed down to five. That’s literally what they showed. I genuinely wish they hadn’t posted a thing, or just some photos. I said out loud, “they cant be serious” when the U logo showed up, and felt stupid for having even the slightest tinge of excitement when I clicked play.

Why do yall keep saying this? It doesn't work like this. Its not as simple as just leaning on us cause you big.

The Dline practices against one of the best lines and line coaches, in the country, daily. What makes you think other teams are just going to be able to lean on us?

You don't need to be a big Dline to stop the run.
Also this is where Coach Guidry should factor in. Last year Marshall only gave up 130 yards rushing to Notre Dame

Advertisement
Back