Fall Camp PractiSe #12: Tuesday Evening, August 15

It was two shots that were cumulatively probably 2 seconds slowed down to five. That’s literally what they showed. I genuinely wish they hadn’t posted a thing, or just some photos. I said out loud, “they cant be serious” when the U logo showed up, and felt stupid for having even the slightest tinge of excitement when I clicked play.
You’re getting grumpy in your old age.

Advertisement
Thank you. Someone thinking logically. Like dude. Do you see whose coaching Oline and the behemoths on it?

What team do we play that's gonna measure up?
Would also throw in there that if our offense has a pulse relative to last season the defense shouldn't be as gassed throughout games & thus hopefully more energy, etc etc. you get the point.

It was two shots that were cumulatively probably 2 seconds slowed down to five. That’s literally what they showed. I genuinely wish they hadn’t posted a thing, or just some photos. I said out loud, “they cant be serious” when the U logo showed up, and felt stupid for having even the slightest tinge of excitement when I clicked play.
Had the SAME exact response! Have to be trolling at this point.

I need somebody to be this dedicated but with a camera.
FearfulInconsequentialHerald-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Not ordinary at all plus they’ve been in the program since January.
We’ve been talking a lot about the starting lineup but injuries sadly are going to happen. Hopefully nothing major, but having Rivers capable at center (I’ve been wondering about this), McCoy, Cooper, Samson, Kinsler able to provide depth at multiple spots etc

While it’s young, I will certainly take elite youth over mediocre upperclassmen. These freshmen coming were just built differently size wise

Why do yall keep saying this? It doesn't work like this. Its not as simple as just leaning on us cause you big.

The Dline practices against one of the best lines and line coaches, in the country, daily. What makes you think other teams are just going to be able to lean on us?

You don't need to be a big Dline to stop the run.

Putting it quite simple with Newton's Law. Force is directly proportional to both mass and acceleration. If our guys are lighter in the *** then there's good probability they'll struggle with bigger, stronger guys leaning on them. I'm also basing it off of what other's have seen at practice and scrimmages. I'm also basing it off of us struggling to really stop the run last year. Especially against decent teams. We're smaller upfront than we were last year.

Why do yall keep saying this? It doesn't work like this. Its not as simple as just leaning on us cause you big.

The Dline practices against one of the best lines and line coaches, in the country, daily. What makes you think other teams are just going to be able to lean on us?

You don't need to be a big Dline to stop the run.

Marshall’s DL wasn’t any bigger and they had one of the top rush defenses IIRC last year.

Advertisement
Putting it quite simple with Newton's Law. Force is directly proportional to both mass and acceleration. If our guys are lighter in the *** then there's good probability they'll struggle with bigger, stronger guys leaning on them. I'm also basing it off of what other's have seen at practice and scrimmages. I'm also basing it off of us struggling to really stop the run last year. Especially against decent teams. We're smaller upfront than we were last year.
Nah. It doesn't work like that. Try again.

Some notes from 247 as shared by someone at the scrimmage:

TVD looks comfortable running the offense. JB was up and down - did have a beautiful throw to Harrell, who dropped the pass...
Emory did a solid job when he got 2nd team reps.

The offense was productive in red zone drills. Emphasis has been placed on improving in that area this year.

Rivers got some reps at center. Likely part of the cross training going on across the OL. Samson Okulola was getting left tackle reps during that position. Okunlola was also getting work at guard. Okunlola and Matthew McCoy appear to be the sixth and seventh linemen right now.

Colbie Young looked impressive

Allen, Fletcher and Chaney all flashed , getting 1st and 2nd team reps

LT showed up early in 11 v 11 reps. Run defense was solid early but had inconsistency as practice went on.

James Williams was taking first team reps and was vocal and involved on the back end.

Davonte Brown stood out at CB. Damari Brown and Daryl Porter stood out at the other cornerback spot. Jadais Richard and Jaden Davis also got some first team reps. Te’Cory Couch had an inconsistent day
If Couch sees the field then we are in trouble.

Advertisement
Mirabal says they dont do depths charts its ranking, so if the center goes out, its not a backup center that comes in but #6, even if he is a tackle. I like the first 8 guys, some inexperience there but we are not gonna be physically overmatched v anyone.

One thing that has been fairly consistent is, we can run the ball. 16 days till kickoff. Will be at Miami(OH) maybe miss 8&4 then hit the other home games.

Damari was a top shelf cb recruit. Saban wanted him badly. Imo he’s a better player than Mcclain. He was the cherry on top of that class that I wanted most.
I was mad worried he was gonna go to Clemson or FSU. He is big af for a kid. Him and Jaden Harris are two mutants in the secondary.

Advertisement
LSU last year I think
It's CIS, so we never get past this point.... about freshman..

But it was LSU, started true freshman Campbell game one and brought in another true freshman Jones halfway thru season. (not really as highly rated for whats that worth)

Sound familiar, (they also won SEC WEST)

Damari was a top shelf cb recruit. Saban wanted him badly. Imo he’s a better player than Mcclain. He was the cherry on top of that class that I wanted most.
So Cribby is saying we have our own brand of Kool-Aid (Cherry / Orange)

DRINK UP BOYS!!!

Samson…

It’s not ideal to have a starting LT and RT be true freshman

But these are not ordinary true freshman
Agreed. If Zion really can’t go by A&M then we need to let Samson start week 1 to get those reps in. - Never viewed Rivers as a T, he needs to be inside.

Ideally I would love Zion at LT, Rivers at LG & Cohen at RG. With Cooper, McCoy, Samson as the next men up.

Advertisement
Back