Fall Camp PractiSe #12: Tuesday Evening, August 15

Advertisement
That's not a good take. I don't care about the national rank; I also need perspective on the quality of their opponents. I'll take the running games of the following over anyone Marshall has played except Notre Dame.
  • Texas A&M
  • UNC
  • NC State
  • Clemson
  • F$U
  • Louisville (surprisingly ranked 23)
Edit: I noticed the Air Force and Army had the top two rushing offenses. How do you think they would stack up against your average P5 team let alone a ranked team.
Except to your argument you are not taking into account the talent level of Marshall either. Comparatively speaking Guidry’s defense at Marshall did a very good job against the run with comparable talent if not inferior talent. One can hope that a similar performance is possible here as well.

Except to your argument you are not taking into account the talent level of Marshall either. Comparatively speaking Guidry’s defense at Marshall did a very good job against the run with comparable talent if not inferior talent. One can hope that a similar performance is possible here as well.
Not sure where Guidrys future lands with us but we’ve been the kings of doing less with more for a while. Not enough of a track record to make definitive statements but we’ve seen the results all over the place with guys stepping up in weight class so to speak

But I like the fit and what I’ve seen and heard so far (which is really not too much of course)

I'll be real, I think it'll be really difficult to stop the run against this O-Line consistenly.

We have to allow this D-Line to compare themselves to the nations average and that O-Line surely isn't average.
Serious Peter Cushing GIF by Arrow Video

Advertisement
Why do yall keep saying this? It doesn't work like this. Its not as simple as just leaning on us cause you big.

The Dline practices against one of the best lines and line coaches, in the country, daily. What makes you think other teams are just going to be able to lean on us?

You don't need to be a big Dline to stop the run.
I'm always curious what teams they think were playing. Lol. Luckily in the acc there not some abundant number of dominant lines.

The only argument I'm making is you can't take results at one level of competition and extrapolate similar results at another particularly when the conditions differ between the levels. Specifically, at the higher levels you encounter dominant lines more frequently.

That's not to say that one offs don't happen, but if you face them often enough you have to match up. And to get where we want to go (regularly getting into the playoff picture), we will be facing them more often.

Advertisement
Back