Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/13

If you are gonna redshirt a RB, redshirt Davis. I honestly don’t see Gray getting any valuable reps. It’s gonna be Homer, Dallas, and Lingard. With Burns, Lingard, and probably Dalls on special teams. Great to see depth at that position after last year with only Homer and Dallas being the rbs.

Burns is the best inside runner on the team. A straight tank I definitely see him in the rotation especially inside the 20

Advertisement
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.23.59 PM.png

Advertisement
Any word on injuries from this weekend? I know Brown and D. Jackson are banged up. Anyone know specifics?

At this point in camp I still think it's too early to put a lot of stock in the depth chart. It's obvious the coaches are looking for more from Lo and he's had plenty of time to show it since January. I see him moving down as a motivational move. Hard for me to believe he'll stay there. He's too talented. Not very often that the fastest guy on your team is running 5th string.

I'd like to hear more on how Realus is doing. We haven't heard much on him beating out Gray at FB. With FB being a big piece to Richt's offense, I was more surprised to see Gray listed at RB than I was by Lo being moved down. Curious if Realus has overtaken Gray and what the thought is behind moving Gray to RB.

At this point in camp I still think it's too early to put a lot of stock in the depth chart. It's obvious the coaches are looking for more from Lo and he's had plenty of time to show it since January. I see him moving down as a motivational move. Hard for me to believe he'll stay there. He's too talented. Not very often that the fastest guy on your team is running 5th string.

I'd like to hear more on how Realus is doing. We haven't heard much on him beating out Gray at FB. With FB being a big piece to Richt's offense, I was more surprised to see Gray listed at RB than I was by Lo being moved down. Curious if Realus has overtaken Gray and what the thought is behind moving Gray to RB.
I completely agree. I think it’s a good sign that right now the staff is confident enough in realus to move Choc to HB.

Davis will likely play a few games and shirt. That's only because he just got on campus. Lo will not redshirt. He'll be a monster on special teams. I see him being a replacement for Homer there. You want him as a gunner with that size and speed. He should be given a chance to return kicks, too. It would be crazy not to have him get reps throughout camp on ST. Bottom line is you don't redshirt the fastest man on the team.

Advertisement
Lingard will be fine, we have depth so he doesn't have to come in and start right away. Homer and Deejay will get most of the carries anyway.

A bunch of people over reacting on Lingard. Kid will be fine and will play a lot this year.

So everybody can quit *****ing about Lo.

He’s struggling in Pass protection so that’s why he’s not getting many reps right now. Reach into your twats and unbundle your panties.

Advertisement
if Lo ends up with a RS which I doubt very seriously he does it will be more to pass blocking than running skills.

it sometimes takes kids out of HS,even studs like LO a minute to pick up blitzes and stuff.

Kid will be a stud.Can't wait for this 3 headed monster we will have back there this year( Davis probably will RS) to wear out defenses so we can steamroll them in to submission in the fourth qtr.

we haven't had that luxury in forever.

When McGahee went pro early, people were saying it was for the best because Gore was coming off injury and would beat him out. My point is there's no shame in being behind a couple of NFL-level kids on the depth chart, especially when you're a few weeks out of high school. We're blessed with an amazing slate of RBs right now. Brown has earned his paycheck with recruiting, no doubt.

Advertisement
Not even backs. Basically any position, except maybe on the lines. If the players are PLAYERS, they're not going to be here for 5 years and probably not even for 4. What's the point of redshirting? David Njoku redshirted as a freshman (yes, I know Goldeinstein was trying to make him a LB) and left after his redshirt sophomore year. If Lingard is 80% the player we all expect him to be, he's not going to be here for 5 years.

Also, when's the last time a 5th year senior really impacted the Miami program outside of a lineman? I can't think of a single one. Malik Rosier this year, although he has no NFL future. If they can play, play 'em, cause they're not gonna be around long anyway.
You have to go all the way back to Ed Reed he was the last one I can think of

Can someone make sense to me why Choc was moved to FB? Hartlety JUST said he was the only viable option.

Advertisement
Back