Facility upgrades

Advertisement
At what point is this facilities race going to end?

When the Hecht looks like this:
1650923583092.png

I’m going to put u in the minds of a young kid. I’m posting a vlog of the #8 WR in the nation, Johntay Cook, & his recent visit to Bama.

The reason I’m posting it in the Facilities thread is b/c his recruitment is done in the facilities. Hopefully this will help some of the older fans who don’t quite get why we’re building up our facilities, & why a booster is trying to get us our own stadium.

Also, I love how he low key clowned their food towards the end, too. LMAO. But it’s an arms race, and we must keep up. Rad & Mario both know, which is y pushes r being made.

This is funny if you watched his previous vlogs or on social media when at Texas and TAMU, because as much as it sucks Bama has a ton of football trophies and when he was at texas, he called them out for only having swimming trophies and then while rocking tamu jersey like I still aint see no trophies, lmaooooo

This is funny if you watched his previous vlogs or on social media when at Texas and TAMU, because as much as it sucks Bama has a ton of football trophies and when he was at texas, he called them out for only having swimming trophies and then while rocking tamu jersey like I still aint see no trophies, lmaooooo

These kids know what will rile up social media.

Advertisement

If players r committing to TAMU off some Emmy’s, we fa sho know Bags r involved. Lol. At least UT can show a 2005 Nat’l & some Big12 Titles. Lol. These mofos said, “check out these Emmy’s, bro.” Lol. Got ****! Lol

On another note, as u will notice how crooked that TAMU jersey was on my boy. This is my problem w/ all of Adidas jerseys; it’s not a Miami thing, they make non aesthetic jerseys. The patches be at two, sometimes 3 different levels (including bowl game patches, & w/ the pads, numbers & anything across the chest area becomes distorted.

If players r committing to TAMU off some Emmy’s, we fa sho know Bags r involved. Lol. At least UT can show a 2005 Nat’l & some Big12 Titles. Lol. These mofos said, “check out these Emmy’s, bro.” Lol. Got ****! Lol

On another note, as u will notice how crooked that TAMU jersey was on my boy. This is my problem w/ all of Adidas jerseys; it’s not a Miami thing, they make non aesthetic jerseys. The patches be at two, sometimes 3 different levels (including bowl game patches, & w/ the pads, numbers & anything across the chest area becomes distorted.
Yea I peeped the jersey thing also.. I was dying at the Emmy thing, lol.. Jimbo better start producing sooooon because they not spending all that money for Emmys :6e482c-o:

Yea I peeped the jersey thing also.. I was dying at the Emmy thing, lol.. Jimbo better start producing sooooon because they not spending all that money for Emmys :6e482c-o:

Buddy keeps it 💯; I been following his little vlog. I like the honesty. Dude kept saying “u ain’t gonna try us, man.” Lol. Dude said “these r real trophies.” LOL. Emmy’s for 12th man production. Lol. Can’t make that up.

Advertisement
Per Ferman this morning:
  • New building will be built on the east side of the existing practice facility
  • Indoor field will be expanded, leaving a half field where the Far East field is now
  • The track will be moved north where the intramural field is now, creating a third full field
  • Intramurals probably moved to other side of campus (Ferman's guess)
Not sure if "east side" is correct or not; that would be the Wellness Center parking lot across the creek. Maybe east as in east of the track? TIFWIW.

Per Ferman this morning:
  • New building will be built on the east side of the existing practice facility
  • Indoor field will be expanded, leaving a half field where the Far East field is now
  • The track will be moved north where the intramural field is now, creating a third full field
  • Intramurals probably moved to other side of campus (Ferman's guess)
Not sure if "east side" is correct or not; that would be the Wellness Center parking lot across the creek. Maybe east as in east of the track? TIFWIW.

Ferman is most likely incorrect. Probably can't read a map.

East of the existing practice facility is a canal. And the Wellness Center parking lot, which is always jam-packed. I mean, in theory, anything is possible. Parking garages can be built. I just don't see this "east side" plan as being possible in a short time period, as there are a lot of moving parts (and let's not pretend that parking is huge.

As for the track moving and the IM fields, it is POSSIBLE that the demolition of Stanford Residential College (Rosborough Tower, Walsh Tower, and the common area lobby building) could create enough space to orient the track lengthwise next to the Frost School of Music. When you combine this with the fact that the IM Fields were EXPANDED when they tore down the Army Amrory building, we'd be right back to "1980s-1990s" sized intramural field facilities. And maybe, just maybe, we could ALSO expand the IM Fields to the Mahoney-Pearson driving range, but I'd have to believe the Gables residents would have some issues (workable, but would also potentially cause a delay).

I'd also like to know if the Hecht-Stanford cafeteria will be torn down. I know that the dorms next to Eaton incorporate dining inside of the building, I'd imagine the new dorms will as well.

Ferman is most likely incorrect. Probably can't read a map.

East of the existing practice facility is a canal. And the Wellness Center parking lot, which is always jam-packed. I mean, in theory, anything is possible. Parking garages can be built. I just don't see this "east side" plan as being possible in a short time period, as there are a lot of moving parts (and let's not pretend that parking is huge.

As for the track moving and the IM fields, it is POSSIBLE that the demolition of Stanford Residential College (Rosborough Tower, Walsh Tower, and the common area lobby building) could create enough space to orient the track lengthwise next to the Frost School of Music. When you combine this with the fact that the IM Fields were EXPANDED when they tore down the Army Amrory building, we'd be right back to "1980s-1990s" sized intramural field facilities. And maybe, just maybe, we could ALSO expand the IM Fields to the Mahoney-Pearson driving range, but I'd have to believe the Gables residents would have some issues (workable, but would also potentially cause a delay).

I'd also like to know if the Hecht-Stanford cafeteria will be torn down. I know that the dorms next to Eaton incorporate dining inside of the building, I'd imagine the new dorms will as well.
Agreed, east side doesn't make sense unless he means east of the track; but it's definitely not east of the current indoor.

Good breakdown on the rest of the layout. I know there has been talk of taking down the towers for a while; would make sense to remove the dining hall there, too. Will be interesting to see once the plans come out.

Advertisement
Agreed, east side doesn't make sense unless he means east of the track; but it's definitely not east of the current indoor.

Good breakdown on the rest of the layout. I know there has been talk of taking down the towers for a while; would make sense to remove the dining hall there, too. Will be interesting to see once the plans come out.
The demolition of the towers was delayed due to COVID. The University needed the rooms to spread kids out. I thought I read it was slated to start this summer but that may have changed again...

The demolition of the towers was delayed due to COVID. The University needed the rooms to spread kids out. I thought I read it was slated to start this summer but that may have changed again...
Thanks for the update. I've been out of the loop on the non-athletic buildings since leaving the area. Are they taking down all of them or just Walsh and Rosborough?

Yeah, and the reason I bring up the rest of the buildings is to address the fact that multiple dominoes have to fall.

The only way I see "new Hecht" being built quickly is if it is on CURRENT Athletic property. Everything else requires multiple demolitions/new construction that adds time. With what is being presented to recruits, it seems like "sooner" is more likely than "later".

In order to build the track lengthwise next to Frost, you would need the footprint of the Stanford Residential College lobby building, which is doable. The width of the track would take out two intramural fields.

I still think the "new Hecht" should go where the "old Hecht" is, that building is terrible and should be torn down.

Advertisement

Yeah, I saw some FaceBook posts (by friends of mine from back in the day) who were attending "farewell" events for the Towers.

Sounds like demo will happen soon.

I really wish I had a campus map from 30 years ago.

Towers are for sure coming down, unless something has changed. I’m just not sure what the timeline is though.

Advertisement
Back