Eye opening quote from Mallory

I know, man, it's was just jokes. I won't lie though, I hated the really pronounced clap as well as the Trapper Keeper-sized play list flapping off Jarren's wrist all season.
I got a kick out of Mark Right's huge laminated poster-sized sheet which he had to squint at between plays. If he only had four plays why the big sheet with small squinty print?

Advertisement
Was watching a fvck load of Chappelle clips last night, guy is just a different comedian. Master of social commentary and a great storyteller, also just flat out hilarious.

Him and Burr are doing the Lord’s work rn when it comes to combatting cancel culture and cancerous SJWs
I don't know what "cancel culture" is--it wasn't around when I was coming up--but it sounds like something I don't like.

If this is the case, our QBs to have to play smart and have the ability to change plays.

Heaven.
Reading all the scouting heads on this board reviewing Enos’ offense last offseason, them saying the players better “get studying” due to how much sh*t Enos runs, and I remember thinking, “we are f*cked.”

This is exactly how a college offense should be. A few plays that rely on spacing to put the defense in a tough spot, and you exploit whatever weakness they choose.

This is the type of system that gives you a certain floor of production every year, because it’s so easy to execute on a yearly basis.

See the source image

didn't seem to hurt this guy
look closely and you'll notice the difference. Jarrett has the complete New Testament on his wrist. Other guy has Cliff Notes.

this picture will be exhibit "a" of Enos' conviction just like the halfback pass option in the snow with a glove on thrown by a player that hasn't thrown a pass in 15 years with be Coley's. each will be their albatross
You don't think that really happened, do you? That's fake football. They photoshopped a defender out. He's really there--stealth technology applied to football. Count them. Only 11 guys on defense.

Advertisement
These offenses are easy to learn but a ***** to prep for. There’s so much eye candy / manipulation going on , while the d is playing in space that it allows the offense to be “ simple “.

The reads are also simpler , normally half the field is in play , but the d still has to respect the players that’s not in the play.

There’s also the “ check with me “ audible system that’ll always have the offense in the power position. Example Fiu last year , there’s no chance that play isn’t changed and it’s an easy td.

Don’t be fooled by all the “simple” talk. It’s just a player friendly offense, that’s easy to pickup.
This. But that will go over people’s head. Lashlee’s offense isn’t all about creativity

Random tidbit from practice to add a GA mentioned to me in passing that Jalen Rivers has “freakish” strength and is impressing early

If we don't go grab a grad transfer at tackle, the next best option is for Rivers to take away Nelson's starting spot. He's already a better player. Kid needs to see the field early and often given our other options.

Advertisement
I don't know what "cancel culture" is--it wasn't around when I was coming up--but it sounds like something I don't like.
SIAP but has a lot to with outrage culture that’s prevalent in today’s society, i.e. “ewwww this famous person supports this controversial person or thing or has this stance I don’t agree with, they’re cancelled!”

Perks of living in a “progressive” society lol

Coker's offense looked good with All Americans at every position too.

That can go for any offense. Point being it has nothing to do with oversized flapping play calling wrist bands.

Advertisement
If we don't go grab a grad transfer at tackle, the next best option is for Rivers to take away Nelson's starting spot. He's already a better player. Kid needs to see the field early and often given our other options.
Physically he is just superior to Nelson and that’s a fact. At the Miami Immortals 7v7 tryout I had a chance to chop it up with Larry Blustein. He told me that Jalen Rivers was “ one of the those kids that Alabama gets” I have seriously high hopes for him and think he is potentially an anchor for the line going forward. ( sorry for run on sentences)

Advertisement
There’s a difference between simple and predictable. Richt’s offense was so watered down, it resembled a JV high school playbook. I’m of the opinion that he was trying to do what Lashlee does but he didn’t know how to and had nobody on staff to help him.

Predictable isn't a problem if you can exert your will through better athleticism. Not saying we're at that point, but predictability isn't necessarily the crux of the issue.

Chapelle is absolutely on Pryor, Murphy, Seinfeld,Carlin, Cosby, Twain level.

All timers.

I think he'll be the last truly great one. Comedy is interesting... there's only so much you can joke about. Jokes started as really simple, not clever. Most of the best ones are observational. Carlin and Seinfeld (and ostensibly Larry David) weren't great storytellers, they saw what was going on in the world and how funny it is. Eventually, there's no more material. It's all been done. Chappelle is doing it now and has such deep insight into life and society... I don't see how you go any deeper or get any more perspicacious. At the same time, he's also an amazing storyteller, and can deliver silly punchlines as good as anyone who ever did it.

Advertisement
Back