Eye opening quote from Mallory

Conditioning wasnt an issue to me last year. But when our team has 3 and outs 75% of the game no team can endure that.
True, but we weren't running a fast paced offense even if we were successful. This year won't be any different if we don't convert 3rd downs. It would be just a faster 3 and out. However, the offense is designed for precision and Lashlee is stressing that early. Seems like we have the right man in charge.

Advertisement
I will say to to the day I die, if Richt goes with an up-tempo, spread offense for the whole 2016 season with Kaaya, they win a couple more games. Watch that Pitt game after that 4 game losing skid..

Brad was terrific in a clean pocket, but really struggled when it was not and had poor pocket presence. An uptempo, quick release offense is exactly the type of scheme Richt should have run with him. Malik was much, much better in an uptempo, quick release scheme when Richt went that way. Plus, Malik could read and ride which Brad had no impact in the RPO. If Brad was pulling the ball, then he was throwing.

Last edited:
Fspoo coworker laughing at me cause I’m hyped.
He said “same sht we said when briles got here about simple offense and spread”
Me: “ Yeah but you guys suck”

Yes, then Briles had Hornibrook running it. Coming from a Power-I Wisconsin offense to a Briles spread made absolutely no sense. Hornibrook was an awful fit. Not as bad as Martell in an Enos scheme which was the worst match in the country in 2019. King is a terrific fit for what Lashlee wants to do.

I am pretty sure Richts first two years he ran what most would call 'tempo'. I do remember a lot of no huddle. Was this not the case or?

We all can see Enos was very slow, lots of shifting etc.. until the players forgot where to go and there that went.

I am just excited. Thats all. I want wins.
In 2016, we were 106th of 130 teams in the nation in plays per game.
In 2017, we were 104th of 130 teams in the nation in plays per game.
In 2018, we were 116th of 130 teams in the nation in plays per game.

If "most" are calling that tempo, it explains why we are where we are. While he ran no huddle at times, and successfully ironically (the empty set no huddle game against Syracuse at home), everything about it was superficial.

Under Enos in 2019, we were actually 91st of 130 teams in the nation in plays per game. And, we were painfully slow. That should put into perspective what happened the three previous years.

*EDIT*: didn't see D$'s response with the same info. Been beating this drum for a long while, so responded immediately.

Advertisement
Fspoo coworker laughing at me cause I’m hyped.
He said “same sht we said when briles got here about simple offense and spread”
Me: “ Yeah but you guys suck”

They were running the spread before Briles got hired too. Willie Taggart brought his "gulf coast" offense from USF. They sucked a little less with Briles' version though.

It's not what you run, but HOW you run it. People forget that there are a limited number of hours available for any college coach to install a gameplan every week. Having a relative simple, easy to understand system that relies more on fundamental concepts, instead of overwhelming looks is extremely beneficial. Uptempo spread systems are based upon 1)Tempo and 2) making it easier for the offense. The theory is that a defense is less effective if they have to think at a sped up pace. You look at Urban Meyer's Florida teams, you could identify a lot of their tendencies, but it was highly effective regardless.

agree with this entirely, there is no chapelle without pryor, but chappelle says things that neither pryor nor murphy said, in part because of the progress we've made in societal relations/truths and because of the ability to say things we couldn't say before. his schitck re LGBT whatever (what he calls the alphabet people) is hilarious. transvestites hate him.

Right as rain, but remember, there's no Pryor without the underrated GOAT, Redd Foxx. Redd was a riot, and you look at a lot of the things Foxx did first, Pryor refined them and kept running with it. To this day, I still think the bit with Pryor lighting a match and saying "This is me running down the street" is the funniest thing I've ever witnessed.

Advertisement
You lost me at Cosby . But the rest are legends as is Chapelle .

Don't let the family friendly comedy fool you, Cosby was one of those dudes. What made Cosby unique was that as he aged, and moved on from sitcoms, he got dark and funnier as ****. I had a chance to see him in 2005 before the **** hit the fan. Dude had me ROLLING, because you could tell he had gotten to the point in his life where he didn't give a **** anymore. He didn't have to dance on the string, and that made him dangerous. Basically, he got to the point that Carlin had always been(And yes, Carlin is one of my personal GOATs. I'd kill to be able to hear what he would have to say about the crap going on right now)

I have a relative that played for Urban Meyer, he said they ran 6 basic plays. KISS is the best principle and with our talent should work here.

Right as rain, but remember, there's no Pryor without the underrated GOAT, Redd Foxx. Redd was a riot, and you look at a lot of the things Foxx did first, Pryor refined them and kept running with it. To this day, I still think the bit with Pryor lighting a match and saying "This is me running down the street" is the funniest thing I've ever witnessed.

What really helped Foxx, Cosby, Pryor, and Murphy was the fact that they had dual personalities. They could be crude and vulgar at stand up, then show up on tv or the movies as a lovable character.

Advertisement
Don't care if our offense is simple or complex. Either can be effective.

Don't care if our offense is fast tempo or slow. Either can be effective.

I want to score points.

I’m hoping that in the scorching heat down south that we wilt teams with pace of play. Couple that with an aggressive defense used to playing against said pace in practice and we have the makings of a well oiled football machine. Can’t wait for the Spring game to see it live in action, on both sides of the field.

I’m hoping that in the scorching heat down south that we wilt teams with pace of play. Couple that with an aggressive defense used to playing against said pace in practice and we have the makings of a well oiled football machine. Can’t wait for the Spring game to see it live in action, on both sides of the field.
Those games against FSU and UNC are gonna be track meets..

Advertisement
Mark Pope should excel in this offense, someone mentioned he has caught more balls after just two practices than he caught his entire career both practice and game day

I have too. Absolute garbage. Bad poise, delivery, storytelling ability, and worst of all, his material just wasn't funny. I challenge you to post 3 segments of Seinfeld that will leave viewers more than just mildly amused. I can't recall a time when anyone I know referenced a bit from his stand up.

And if it's a race thing, like it is for a lot of people out here, I think Louie CK is absolutely brilliant. His TV show was better than Seinfeld's too.
As a white middle class Brit (we're the masters of comedy); Pryor, Chappelle and Murphy are all fantastic. Seinfeld isn't. Larry David was the genius behind his tv show too.

For years our players have looked confused. Hope this changes things, but I’ll wait and see. Been disappointed too many times.

Advertisement
Back