Evidence Njoku

Mike Evans was a star basketball player in high school who competed in track (jumps and relays). He played football his Senior year only, redshirted at TAMU then took off.

Evidence has similar physical traits and is now at the same age and stage where Evans blew up. If he can win off the line like DMoney says then it will be hard to keep him off the field.

Advertisement
Guy could be Mike Evans. Recruiting profiles were similar. Mike was like 185 lbs in high school and so was this kid. Both tall and smooth. I can dream

Love this news.

Shine situationally this year -- red zone please!

And take on a major role the following year.

Our WR room is the best in America.

Rosier couldn't buy a better bunch to throw to. The talent that's been brought in is ridiculous. Now its up to the coaches to find creative way to get the ball in their hands. Everyone knows our OLINE is unproven and our QB play was shaky. And our young TEs are freshmen. We know our strength! And if teams think they can try to blitz us to death I hope we have a plan for that cause NOBODY in America can keep up with our WRs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where is in regards to position, is he behind Richards or Cager/Pope? Where is he on depth chart? We are pretty deep and our qb isnt the most efficient so we dont stay on field a ton (low 3rd down %) might not be enough balls to go around. He is gonna have to leap some people to get his.
He will not be the primary option at wr. IMO he will get used very sparingly this year unless a few wr get injured. Next year with Richards going to nfl and possible transfers at wr, he will be giving opportunity to show if he can be a primary option at wr.

The “nagging injuries” might indicate that he still hasn’t shown who he can be. Real hard for me to say that he “…may not turn out to do anything at UM” when he’s impressing in a room full of super-impressive players. That can’t happen unless he belongs. 6’6”, 225 lbs, high points ball well ... and now his “football speed” is being compared as one of the best (4th?) on the team.

On measurables alone he’s no worse than 4th round.

When did he get injured last year in regards to knee, wasnt it oct? He is trying to accelerate the time table to compete in camp for PT, I know torn acl timetables have gotten better but sometimes the rush is what produces the nagging injuries. Dont know how to feel about that, it can be good and bad.

Advertisement
Hopefully we throw fades to him instead of 5’8 wr’s. Dude is over 7ft after his length/reach.

i hate when yall say this. The fade is all about coordination, route running and hand strength. little guys run fades too. most times better than big guys
kaaya and coley were lethal on the fade.

santonio Holmes destroyed cats for years on the fade.

the fade is not a jump/50-50 ball.

i hate when yall say this. The fade is all about coordination, route running and hand strength. little guys run fades too. most times better than big guys
kaaya and coley were lethal on the fade.

santonio Holmes destroyed cats for years on the fade.

the fade is not a jump/50-50 ball.

It’s stupid to run a fade in the back of the end zone to a 5’8 guy, those were absolute fades.

I have coached, played or watched football my entire life , and I’m 40. I have never , I repeat never heard anyone say such nonsense. Short wr will play slot majority of time and will not be in that position. Maybe a wheel route but never a fade.

The reason you throw a fade is a tall guy can body / post up a guy and the percentages are in your favor with low risk.

Even the announcers were like wtf on a couple of those.

Oh and your one example of a short we catching fades is santonio Holmes who was 5’11. Not exactly 5’8 there slick. You can siesta find an exception , while I can find 100’s.

Advertisement
It’s stupid to run a fade in the back of the end zone to a 5’8 guy, those were absolute fades.

I have coached, played or played football my entire life , and I’m 40. I have never , I repeat never heard anyone say such nonsense. Short wr will play slot majority of time and will not be in that position. Maybe a wheel route but never a fade.

The reason you throw a fade is a tall guy can body / post up a guy and the percentages are in your favor with low risk.

Even the announcers were like wtf on a couple of those.

Gundy, is that you?

The “nagging injuries” might indicate that he still hasn’t shown who he can be. Real hard for me to say that he “…may not turn out to do anything at UM” when he’s impressing in a room full of super-impressive players. That can’t happen unless he belongs. 6’6”, 225 lbs, high points ball well ... and now his “football speed” is being compared as one of the best (4th?) on the team.

On measurables alone he’s no worse than 4th round.

My point in saying that was that I could be completely wrong regarding him, but I've expected him to shine since the first time I saw his film.

Advertisement
Back