Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Campbell’s lack of recruiting reputation on the trail is a red flag for me. Reminds me of Fuente at Memphis.

I don’t mind a coach with an average reputation on the trail if he’s established himself as an elite offensive mind (like Leach). But Campbell isn’t that guy.
Is this serious?? I’m not being rude here, but I really cannot tell. Are you judging Campbell’s recruiting based on his tenure at Iowa State?

Have you been to Ames? Do you know their history? Have you been to Iowa? Do you realize they compete for every big in-state and border state recruit with a much larger and bigger fan base in Iowa (more money)?

Matt Campbell is doing the impossible - competing with programs that ISU has zero business competing with. On top of that he beats them too. Guy is an elite evaluator, developer, and coach. Give him a talent pool and see what happens.

Advertisement
Where does Miami realistically go from here? What happens next?

You know where we go bruh. We finish this year with a losing record and a class in the 30s. Maybe some minor staff changes but we will roll into next year with mostly the same staff and a lot let talent in house after kids transfer and declare. Next year we slog our way to another .500 season before Manny gets his clean house get out of jail free card. He does, and with his second straight 30th ranked class he gets obliterated by Bama and limps to the finish line of another 6 or 7 win season. He will be let go and our incompetent admin will hire another bozo to try again

Advertisement
Dennis Erickson is a PNW guy.

The "he'll never come here" trope is beyond absurd. Everything is negotiable. Everyone is for sale. I'm going to say that line until people understand that it's literally how everything in this country works.
Petersen isnt coming though. He turned down USC for UW. Now his son as I understand is now healthy from his cancer, he's super loyal to his employers and he views UW as a destination job. I dont think his personality fits Miami at all. Annoyingly classy in Miami just wont come off well at all. Mike Gundy would be perfect to me. He's got that Ole Ball Coach personality.

Advertisement
Petersen isnt coming though. He turned down USC for UW. Now his son as I understand is now healthy from his cancer, he's super loyal to his employers and he views UW as a destination job. I dont think his personality fits Miami at all. Annoyingly classy in Miami just wont come off well at all. Mike Gundy would be perfect to me. He's got that Ole Ball Coach personality.
I agree

Advertisement
Ive been defending that kid, (still young, has talent, blah blah blah) and I still dont agree with blaming the guys that arent getting paid, he really showed his *** on that punt fake, he just stood there, no effort. He's dead to me.

Punt fake. Lol. Another special teams failure. Nice work Diaz. It only cost the team several games last season. Glad to see you put on emphasis on fixing it.

Advertisement

Petersen is indeed a long shot, but delusional UW fans think he's overrated and they can do better. They were ****ed even before the Oregon loss. He's got the personality and squeaky clean background Miami wants (which means no Meyer, Leach, or Butch Davis). Huskies are 5-3. If they finish 8-4 or 7-5, what's the worst that could happen if Miami asks about his buyout at the end of the season? He says no? It scares Diaz?

In any case, nothing good will happen for Miami until Blake James is gone. I think we should focus on that first. In the next 4 years, a new AD is going to have to pick a new football head coach, a new baseball head coach (DiMare is another nepotism special), and a new basketball coach (Jim L is getting pretty long in the tooth). Too much on the line to leave it in the hands of an incompetent boob and his useless sidekick.

Petersen is indeed a long shot, but delusional UW fans think he's overrated and they can do better. They were ****ed even before the Oregon loss. He's got the personality and squeaky clean background Miami wants (which means no Meyer, Leach, or Butch Davis). Huskies are 5-3. If they finish 8-4 or 7-5, what's the worst that could happen if Miami asks about his buyout at the end of the season? He says no? It scares Diaz?
I dont think Petersen would be remotely interested in Miami. I dont think hes what we need either. Besides being an excellent coach, he doesnt have much charisma, which is something you really need recruiting down south. He doesnt care about winning National Championships, and he wont give a F if Miami fans never see one. Some people that Richt was too nice, eesh, check out Petersen. I dont think Petersen would want to take on our baggage or expectations in a million years.

Advertisement
Back