Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

Advertisement
Even if Blake James fired Manny, you want him to be involved (that includes delivering mail) at all with the next search?
This is a situation where the known known is a worse option than the unknown known.

At least there's the possibility that the new guy is a better than Diaz given how ****** Diaz has proven to be; even with James making the hire again.

Such a dumb and simplistic view of things. To be expected here.

Manny and company need work, but even when our players were in a position to make a play, they didn't more often than not.

Players have been tacking since they were kids, now they can't even do that consistently. They take **** angles, run into each other, etc. Kicking, don't even get me started.

Players accountability around here is close to zero. I saw a team that had multiple opportunities to seize the moment and failed to do so.

Enos though, he's gotta go.

Accountability starts at the top, and players not making plays comes from undeveloped habits. Habits that should be developed in practice. They suck because leadership and coaching suck, first and foremost. They don't make plays in the moment because they aren't prepared by coaches to do that. It all comes back to Manny.

Bama paid REAL BIG for Saban, Miami will never do that

Not only did they pay the man what he is owed...they gave him carte blanche and an open checkbook to turn the program into what it is today. They had a complete buy in from EVERYONE. Students, student-athletes, coaching and staff, BoT, administration, boosters, etc. Everyone is on the same page and they don't talk to nobody.

Miami is trying to peddle funds to the corrupt slush that is Miami politics...not improve their program.

Alabama and Saban have so much fiscal power they tried shut down the University of Alabama-Birmingham's football team for multiple seasons because they were not carrying their weight on the system.

Do you think...for one second...that if Miami had Nick Saban as their coach they wouldn't have had something close to an on-campus stadium? Big Nick Energy wouldn't be playing his football at ******* Hard Rock Stadium lmfao @ the idea of that.

Don’t know what else to say.
What would you think about Manny canning Enos in favor of Oklahoma Co-OC / O-Line Coach Bill Bedenbaugh as our OC? He would bring the Spread Offense to Miami and Coach the OLine. He currently is making $750,000. It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Advertisement
Accountability starts at the top, and players not making plays comes from undeveloped habits. Habits that should be developed in practice. They suck because leadership and coaching suck, first and foremost. They don't make plays in the moment because they aren't prepared by coaches to do that. It all comes back to Manny.
Bruh u honestly don't understand the Manny defenders. Yes TYPICALLY you don't can your coach year one. Thats usually when the coach doesn't look completely in over his head. When there is an aspect of the program you can hang your hat in and be optimistic about. I keep asking them what part of the program gives you hope that he deserves more time. I still haven't got an answer. Strength and conditioning staff? I mean really where is the silver lining? I know your not a Manny defender but your objective.

We are third in NFL players and just lost to a triple option team that is changing offenses.

Talent doesn’t give up bombs on punt safe. We are poorly coached.

To a linebacker covered by a corner that should have been benched after UNC. Rumph going to Rumph!

Advertisement
Bruh u honestly don't understand the Manny defenders. Yes TYPICALLY you don't can your coach year one. Thats usually when the coach doesn't look completely in over his head. When there is an aspect of the program you can hang your hat in and be optimistic about. I keep asking them what part of the program gives you hope that he deserves more time. I still haven't got an answer. Strength and conditioning staff? I mean really where is the silver lining? I know your not a Manny defender but your objective.

They sound like mindless sheep. There is no silver lining, and the longer we stay connected to this dude the more damage we do to the program.

I'm awaiting the presser or tweet from Blake. He either needs to give the vote of confidence or relieve Manny of his duties.
I'm sure conversations are being had and all the permutations are being evaluated.

Last edited:
Talent is NOT the issue. There is enough talent on this Miami team to go undefeated through the regular season. All they needed was COMPETENT coaching. Not exceptional, competent.

Miami’s failure this year is on the entire staff - yup, Feeley, too.

I've heard nothing but good things about Feeley from Temple people. He was choice #2 at GT, #1 wanted the job so he got it. Keep in mind most S&C coaches just run whatever focus the HC wants. Manny wanted to do mat drills and 300's and 110's. So the team looks slow but boy they sure are prepared to jog after guys who are out running them to the end zone. Do these guys look "mentally tough?" So spare me the 300's make you tough ****. You either have grit by 18-23 or you don't. Neuroplasticity is real, sure, but I can't bump a 0 to a 10. I can bump a 0 to a 3, and a 3 to a 6, etc.

"Test the mile and cut the winner"- Mike Boyle.

Advertisement
Bama hired a lot of crap coaches, too.

I agree we won’t pay Saban level of money but we can pay Top 10-15 level and did for Richt.

its not just paying for the coach. Will u pay for his assistants and recruiting budget. Will you commit to big time college athletics?

Lateral move to a non-contending rebuild with a lame-duck, in-over-his-head coach. And what makes you think OU won't match his salary?
I agree with everything you said except for the lateral move part. He is Co-OC in title only. He doesn't call the plays. He has a hand in the game plan. Similar to James Coley when we hired him away from FSU when Jimbo was calling the plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back