Every FBS team we’ve played has had better coaches

I'm very curious how the locker room is taking this. Fully expecting a hand full of portal entries this upcoming spring. Hope they are ready for it

Advertisement
I expect no changes on defense. I believe we’ll see some staff changes on Offense. Enos & Barry is most likely not here. They will be the scapegoats.

I’m hoping it’s more than that. I hope this admin has learned its lesson with past corches aa they’ve stubbornly refused to make staff changes. By paying temple $4m in buyout money, the AD office has earned the right to dictate to manny about staff firings. That said, it’s pointless. Even if enos and Barry are let go, what decent OC is going to want to work for a lame duck coach?

If we're talking about what we need, it's a task master. These SoFla kids get sh*t coaching all growing up. They lack discipline and structure. You need a coach who first and foremost is going to coach those things. Xs and Os are secondary to all of that. Find the biggest hard *** you can to come here.

I’m hoping it’s more than that. I hope this admin has learned its lesson with past corches aa they’ve stubbornly refused to make staff changes. By paying temple $4m in buyout money, the AD office has earned the right to dictate to manny about staff firings. That said, it’s pointless. Even if enos and Barry are let go, what decent OC is going to want to work for a lame duck coach?
Manny has no leverage. A decent OC will come cause we’re paying top dollar. Also we have the talent to produce a top 50 offense. Just like how Clay Helton convinced Kliff Kingsbury then Graham Harrell to be USC OC.

Advertisement
Our last best opportunity to turn this program around was when Richt retired.

We blew it once again. This program is done. The ACC communal trough makes losing too comfortable. There is no urgency to win.

Bingo. UM is content with the status quo.

Bro I could bump a thread that has you all over Manny’s nuts when he was hired lol
Bro, you can also bump where I’ve admitted on here that I was his 110% fanboy hoping that he’d do for the offense what he did for the defense and that I was wrong and other people like @OriginalGatorHater, @King Slayer, @WhatTheHell, @Rellyrell and @rokulika were right. I will gladly take a seat behind them during the next coaching search

That’s the the thing though. At least I recognized the issues during the UNC debacle and had the humility to admit the errors in my ways and call it for what it is objectively. You can bump that too. There are other people out there still defending and shilling for this disaster shamelessly. Those people are blind Slurpers.

If we’re being honest, this is exactly what’s going to happen

You know where we go bruh. We finish this year with a losing record and a class in the 30s. Maybe some minor staff changes but we will roll into next year with mostly the same staff and a lot let talent in house after kids transfer and declare. Next year we slog our way to another .500 season before Manny gets his clean house get out of jail free card. He does, and with his second straight 30th ranked class he gets obliterated by Bama and limps to the finish line of another 6 or 7 win season. He will be let go and our incompetent admin will hire another bozo to try again

Advertisement
After Oregon wins the PAC 12 & Herbert graduates and that offensive line leaves, is there a chance Mario Cristobal comes to Miami? Will his price be too much? Also, I wonder how soon he can turn around this program?

Manny is going nowhere.
Enos is going nowhere.
After that I hope Blake and Butch both find other opportunities right after the season ends before they get fired.
Had enough of Bandy.
Stroud was a fill in this year, he's gone.

Advertisement
That wasn't the point of my post. My point is that we have no advantage because it takes an elite coach to win at Miami. Elite coaches can win anywhere.
How do you know it takes an elite HC to win at Miami? Are you assuming that based on bad coaches failing here?

You claim to be Mr. Logic and rational thought, but your premise fails badly. The guys who have failed here are so far from elite that they haven’t sniffed decent HC jobs since leaving here.

It takes more than what we’ve had to win here obviously. But there’s a giant chasm between what we’ve had and “elite.”

The guys who have failed here are so far from elite that they haven’t sniffed decent HC jobs since leaving here.

Elite? The guys we've brought in are so far from competent.

If we had a competent coach, which we haven't had in __________ (insert any amount of years here), we'd be easily winning the Coastal and 10 regular season games. That isn't even the goal or an accomplishment. It is a simple low bar. The ACC Coastal has some of the worst teams. The ACC Coastal has awful coaching.

Advertisement
There's no hope for this program.

The BOT doesn't care so they won't fire Blake James.

Blake James is incompetent so he won't fire Manny.

Manny is a coward so he won't resign on his accord.

The program is FVCKED.

Even if Blake James fired Manny, you want him to be involved (that includes delivering mail) at all with the next search?

It's not a good thing when your first reaction is "who the heck is that" to literally all of your coaches besides Manny Diaz.

Anyone who thinks he can fire members of this staff and replace them with respectable candidates is nuts. What coach wants to work under Manny at this point. Honest question no sarcasm. Who wants to work for a coach and AD on the hotseat.
who isn't a proven recruiter... He blew it, and we need to separate from this lame as soon as possible.

Advertisement
Back